Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 01:20 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,286,743 times

Advertisements

.......I've studied and/or practiced this approach for about a decade & it is mostly correct. I'm a blood group O & do not thrive without red meat & daily exercise. I've had success avoiding dairy foods as recommended but add them back periodically out of boredom. I do not rhink blood type Os should have more than a few servings of dairy per week-- they tend to cause bloat & are not great metabolically.

Wheat is absolutely the devil for Os & should not be consumed more than once or twice a week. Most grains also do nothing for blood type O & should only be used in moderation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2011, 01:53 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,989,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Restrictive dieting 70-80% of the time is the best way to manage weight long term. ER4YT is not a crock, I've done it for a decade with good results. You may need a fresh approach though. I've recently been reading about a diet calked Dukan & am switching to that. I will still avoid wheat most of the time as per Type O diet but may add a little dairy & reduce all grains except wheat free bread, 1-2 slices a day.
Really I think Dukan is going to be huge...... Americans must get that a lifelong regime with guidelines & rules is the ONLY way to permanently lose weight. I say this as a 40 year old size zero who plans to stay thin & hot for life.
I am not knocking this book at all...don't know anything about it. I just wanted to comment on your post. Mainly opinion but just my 2 cents...

Guidelines are one thing, I tend to agree and different guidelines work for different people. But guidelines can be as simple as X grams of carbs/day or reduce red meat intake to X.

Restrictive diets over a long period don't work for most.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:31 PM

889 posts, read 2,713,689 times
Tried it and felt greeeaaat! Quit and feel crappy... You should try it.

Old 02-22-2011, 05:22 PM

Restrictive diets *do* work. I have over a *decade* of success dieting semi restrictively. Why are Americans so hung up on food groups? You can get protein from many different sources, what difference does it make to restrict dairy a little? Anyone who won't consciously restructuring wheat *deserves* to be fat in my opinion.

My suggestion is to read Eat Right For Your Type & follow your blood group protocol for 3-6 months, then come back to this thread & say its bull. Especially you blood type Os--- have a small slice or two of pizza a day, making sure to count calories, then walk at a normal pace for 30 minutes a few days a week, then come back & tell us your weight & body fat %. I hopw you lose a ton of weight defying the blood type theory, you know it all lard a$$.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:02 PM

784 posts, read 3,121,948 times
I wanted to try it, but I am a type O and that diet says meat, meat meat. I am vegetarian and am not willing to go that direction, so I didn't go for it. I still have the book.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:22 PM

I was vegan for a few years in the 90s. A verrrrrry unhealthy diet for Os, I gained 10+ lbs & had a body fat percentage at one point of 30%. I lost all the weight on high protein regimes & have found red meat to be a metabolically good food. Keeps me skinny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroleF View Post
I wanted to try it, but I am a type O and that diet says meat, meat meat. I am vegetarian and am not willing to go that direction, so I didn't go for it. I still have the book.

Old 02-23-2011, 01:00 PM

14,016 posts, read 20,914,319 times
Default The "ONLY" way???

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Restrictive dieting 70-80% of the time is the best way to manage weight long term. ER4YT is not a crock, I've done it for a decade with good results. You may need a fresh approach though. I've recently been reading about a diet calked Dukan & am switching to that. I will still avoid wheat most of the time as per Type O diet but may add a little dairy & reduce all grains except wheat free bread, 1-2 slices a day.
Really I think Dukan is going to be huge...... Americans must get that a lifelong regime with guidelines & rules is the ONLY way to permanently lose weight. I say this as a 40 year old size zero who plans to stay thin & hot for life.
Aren't you a little embarrassed to use such blatant hyperbole? There is no "only" way to permanently lose weight.

Old 02-23-2011, 01:14 PM

^^^ Not even remotely. I suggest all blood type Os on here eschew meat for the next month. Have plenty of pasta every day perhaps with a little canned tuna. Then come back & tell us you weight, body fat % & waist size. You won't lose weight & may gain eating this way if you are an O.

I did not eat much meat from 1987-2000. After a decade of struggling with my weight I finally got control & believe red meat has been an instrumental part of my success. I am an O & have been in a size zero the last 10 years without much stress. Yes, for blood type Os red meat is one of the foods that gets you going in the right direction pretty quickly. I feel fine saying you won't be as successful without it if you are an O.

So YES I DEFINITELY believe in following a regime with certain guidelines FOR LIFE! I am thin & this approach has worked for me for over a decade!!

Last edited by lemon&lime; 02-23-2011 at 01:23 PM..

Old 02-23-2011, 01:42 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,795,182 times
There are plenty of type Os who have -no- problem with their weight, who are healthy, and have zero, zilch, nada need to diet. Your insistence that type Os MUST only eat one type of food to maintain a healthy metabolism is pure hogwash, based on anecdotes you read on a website that exists to advertise a specific type of diet.

You're wrong. Just out and out, plain, simple, wrong. Not even vaguely in error. 100% dead wrong.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:26 PM

Blood Type O makes up about 50% of Americans who are hopelessly fat and addicted to carbs. Wheat is a huge no no for Os and most Americans would never dream of giving up wheat and pasta on a daily basis even though the gluten free approach, which is great for blood type Os, is rapidly becoming mainstream.

Anyone with Blood Type O who does not follow some guidelines and rules on a regular basis about what foods to eat and what to avoid is going to have a serious weight and body fat problem eventually. Period. Simply exercising and having wheat regularly doesn't work--- I know this first hand from experience!

http://ezinearticles.com/?What-is-a-Gluten-Free-Weight-Loss-Diet?&id=700035 (broken link)

Do Gluten-Free Diets Take Off Pounds?

Gluten Weight Loss | eHow.comhttp://ezinearticles.com/?Why-Wheat-and-Other-Processed-Foods-Are-Making-You-Fat&id=287270http://rawfoodsos.com/2010/12/15/new-china-study-links-wheat-with-weight-gai/

The Curves Connection | Gluten, Wheat and Weight Gain

2 Foods that Could be Making You Gain Weight and Get Sick

I have had small amounts of wheat once a week and also avoided entirely for stretches of time... really, if you want the quickest trick in the book to take off weight and avoid getting fat if you are blood type O, strictly avoid wheat for a while. The most metabolically damaging, fat cell encouraging food in the world for Os is wheat, PERIOD.

I have also recently added dairy back in to my diet AGAIN for the 100th time and am quickly noticing that it does nothing for me, exactly as Peter D'Adamo says.... in all likelihood dairy is a metabolical inactivator and bad for blood type Os. I have eliminated it with great success several times, it seems to be a terribly bloating type food that can make you instantly feel heavy.

However I am familiar with the information all over the Internet that dairy foods help burn fat due to calcium. An instance where blood type is 100% correct.... that may in fact be true but it has rarely to never worked for me.

I did the Blood Type Diet to a "T" in the mid 2000s-- intense exercise & weight lifting, strict avoidance of dairy and inclusion of meat on a regular basis and I gained muscle & got strong-- it works!!

Even without doing it strictly I have followed the guidelines for about a decade and have proved them for myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss