Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 12:37 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,289,760 times

Advertisements

The blood type diet is mentioned as the diet of choice of the Victoria's Secret models:

The secret to the world's best bodies - Fashion + Beauty on Shine

Miranda Kerr mentions it on E! Entertainment:

YouTube - ‪Miranda On E!‬‏
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2011, 01:09 PM

14,565 posts, read 23,092,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Miranda Kerr mentions it on E! Entertainment:
Now there is someone who I would look to for advice! /sarcasm

Old 05-28-2011, 02:24 PM

Why not contact Miranda's trainer Justin Gelband?

Victoria's Secret Diet - Sports Illustrated Celebrity Fitness Trainer Expert | Justin Gelband | New York, NY | Los Angeles, CA

YouTube - ‪Justin Gelband "Training Misconceptions"‬‏

Old 05-28-2011, 06:00 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,221,051 times
Quote:
One more guy with something to sell.

Old 05-28-2011, 07:24 PM

Quote:
First off, as a general rule of thumb I tend to be skeptical of advice being given by trainers when my body is significantly more impressive than their's. Secondly, what would be the point? He is only a trainer. He is not a doctor or a biochemist. I've already posted up sources from those types completely discrediting this diet and he offers nothing in his video or website other than "this is the diet I follow".

You're going to have to step up your game big time if you want to hang with the big boys here.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
One more guy with something to sell.
A professional trainer who happens to agree with my way of thinking who makes 3,000 per month per client and produces RESULTS.

You don't get it, never will!

Old 05-28-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
First off, as a general rule of thumb I tend to be skeptical of advice being given by trainers when my body is significantly more impressive than their's. Secondly, what would be the point? He is only a trainer. He is not a doctor or a biochemist. I've already posted up sources from those types completely discrediting this diet and he offers nothing in his video or website other than "this is the diet I follow".

You're going to have to step up your game big time if you want to hang with the big boys here.

I was there 5 years before Justin!!!!

Old 05-28-2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:
A professional trainer who happens to agree with my way of thinking who makes 3,000 per month per client and produces RESULTS.

You don't get it, never will!
Actually it would be more appropriate to say you agree with him, but I digress as that's simply semantics seeing as how neither of you really know much of anything.

Anyways, this just kinda highlights how absurd these fad diets are. Rather than look to knowledgeable people with legitimate real world experience, they look to actors from Hollywood...the same people who brought us such great things like juice fasting, the 48 hour miracle diet and HCG injections. It's about status symbols and exposure rather than knowledge. Case in point, Kevin Trudeau...convicted felon and recipient of FTC fines and bans for making false statements in advertising...published a book about diet cures that "they don't want you to know about" and turned it into a New York Times Best Seller.

So much for volume = intelligence.

Old 05-28-2011, 11:46 PM

Justin Gelband has a highly successful results-driven practice, period.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Justin Gelband has a highly successful results-driven practice, period.
And...considering his multiple NYT Best Sellers...so does Kevin Trudeau. That doesn't change the fact that he's a convicted felon that has received fines and sanctions from the Federal Trade Commission for his lies and false advertising.

Hence my whole point on status symbols do not equal knowledge. Apparently that is a concept not simple enough for even you to grasp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss