Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 12:15 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,282,515 times

Advertisements

Justin hasn't written a book......he's a trainer & adherent of D'Adamo blood type nutrition. He trains the skinniest, hottest, best toned bodies in the business, the models who are currently redefinining what an attractive female body looks like. The Victoria's Secret models ruled the 2000s & they will continue to rule......Justin Gelband and his unorthodox methods are just getting started, for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2011, 12:41 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Justin hasn't written a book......he's a trainer & adherent of D'Adamo blood type nutrition.
Try reading that again. Trudeau is the one who has had multiple NYT Best Selling books despite being a proven scam artist. I am pointing that out to show you that how well something sells is NOT an indicator of its quality. Unfortunately for you, you are brainwashed by the Hollywood and fashion culture so the point I'm making is well outside of your extremely limited perspective.

Quote:
He trains the skinniest, hottest, best toned bodies in the business, the models who are currently redefinining what an attractive female body looks like. The Victoria's Secret models ruled the 2000s & they will continue to rule......Justin Gelband and his unorthodox methods are just getting started, for sure.
Let's issue a reality check here.

1) Gelband's work is not that impressive. He takes already fit and attractive women and helps them to take the next step with some pretty basic fitness fundamentals. He's like the guy who changes the spark plugs in a brand new Corvette. That car might be very impressive when he's done with it but his actual contribution to that is very small. On the flip side, the guys I follow like Dr. Mel C Siff and Dr. Mauro DiPasquale are the equivalent of someone who does a frame off restoration of a 57 Chevy.

2) The unhealthy thin look brought to you by Hollywood and its army of anorexic and bulimic models is on it's way out after the significant social backlash it's experienced the last few years, so I wouldn't hang my hat on that one either.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:01 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,238,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
2) The unhealthy thin look brought to you by Hollywood and its army of anorexic and bulimic models is on it's way out after the significant social backlash it's experienced the last few years, so I wouldn't hang my hat on that one either.
I've been hearing that for years but it never seems to materialize. Largely gay male fashion designers just dig skinny models for some reason.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:16 PM

The Victoria's Secret models are generally healthy looking. In any case, I am *not* brainwashed. I've been doing blood type since 2001, a full decade before I ever heard about Justin and his VS angels.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
The Victoria's Secret models are generally healthy looking.
Some of them, yes. Some of them look borderline anorexic too but again, I digress.

Quote:
In any case, I am *not* brainwashed.
Oh but you are, you're just incapable of accepting it. Only someone who is brainwashed could continue following this diet after having a mountain of scientific evidence to the contrary placed in front of them.

Quote:
I've been doing blood type since 2001
And you claim to have been doing that successfully even despite drinking wine which you recently learned was a supposed "avoid" for you blood type. That's another one you haven't been able to explain away either.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:41 PM

I switched to the more advanced genotype system, have never been a big drinker. D'Adamo changed some of the food values, big whoop. Wine I'm assuming is a little high carby and grapey for Hunters who duh did not press or ferment grapes! The Warrior group from southern Europe---blood group A---did & there is a thread on the genotype board about an A who says wine improved his health. It didn't mine, even in small amounts.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
I switched to the more advanced genotype system
Which is based off the exact same theories as the original blood type diet which has been completely discredited.

Quote:
have never been a big drinker.
Yet you still drank something that your diet says you shouldn't have and yet you suffered no ill effects. Quite odd.

Quote:
there is a thread on the genotype board about an A who says wine improved his health. It didn't mine, even in small amounts.
And what proof or evidence does he provide to substantiate his claims? Let's see if it actually improved or if this is the placebo effect in action.

Old 05-29-2011, 01:21 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times
Quote:
I switched to the more advanced genotype system, have never been a big drinker. D'Adamo changed some of the food values, big whoop. Wine I'm assuming is a little high carby and grapey for Hunters who duh did not press or ferment grapes! The Warrior group from southern Europe---blood group A---did & there is a thread on the genotype board about an A who says wine improved his health. It didn't mine, even in small amounts.
Hunters did, however, hunt. Do you hunt? Do you chase, spear, skin, and eat your own kills? Are you wearing the skins you tanned yourself? Or, do you buy your food at a supermarket, and buy your clothes at a store?

And what about the people among the "Hunters" who didn't actually hunt? How did they manage to eat at all, if only the hunters ate what your quack-boy claims they ate? Like, for instance, the females who remained home to breastfeed their young while their men went out to hunt. Those females didn't have vacuum cleaners or scrubbies, or dishes for that matter - no washing machines, or running water - no kitchens to clean, no tile to mop, no furniture to polish. Whatever did they DO all day to maintain their weight, when they weren't actively hunters?

And how is it that you can maintain your weight, if you aren't chasing after your supper? Are you sleeping on straw like hunters did? Does your house lack heat and airconditioning, like hunters' houses did? Are you living the lifestyle hunters did? If not, then you are not a hunter, and you are not eating right for your MORPG type.

Maybe you should try becoming a druid instead. I hear they get the better powerups.

Old 05-29-2011, 06:21 PM

I've read that 99% of our DNA hasn't changed in tens of thousands of years. I may not literally hunt for my own food but the mindset & genetic needs remain the same. And, incidentally, my sister & her husband, who are also bloodthirsty Os, at least my sister is, acquired a *hunting lease* soon after marrying, years before the birth of their first child. So yes, they do hunt & kill some of their own food. Both children, a girl & a boy, like to go with Daddy to hunt. The youngest has a fascination with guns & his room is decorated in camo.

Old 05-29-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
And, incidentally, my sister & her husband, who are also bloodthirsty Os, at least my sister is, acquired a *hunting lease* soon after marrying, years before the birth of their first child. So yes, they do hunt & kill some of their own food. Both children, a girl & a boy, like to go with Daddy to hunt. The youngest has a fascination with guns & his room is decorated in camo.
So, only blood type O's like guns and hunting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss