Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 08:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,297 times

Advertisements

Tummy fat is always the topic of discussion among all people.they want to know the best ways to lose tummy fat.Stomach exercises are best for it. I am also do these exercise daily. These exercises are very beneficial for losing abdominal fat.I am always recommended for these exercise to lose fat.for get more information you can visit the site below.

how-to-lose-abdominal-fat.yourhealthorbit.com
exercises-to-lose-stomach-fat.yourhealthorbit.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 10:17 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,584,054 times
I have always heard that there's two types of stomach fat, inside fat (around the intestines), and outside fat (under the skin). The inside fat feels kinda firm, like you're bloated, while the outside fat feels soft like your buttocks. I think the inside fat is easier to lose than the outside fat.

Also, are you regular? If you're not having a decent BM everyday you could be bloated. Maybe a glass of Metamucil (sugar free) every night before bed would help.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:28 PM

130 posts, read 336,049 times
Have you tried pilates? It definitely strengthens the abs and makes them look tight. You can also wear one of those slimming belts to bed and when you work out. It sheds water weight if you are prone to bloating.

Old 01-29-2011, 11:31 AM

129 posts, read 359,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Kronk View Post

if you already have a perfect figure except for your tummy, then you will shed the tummy fat easily as it will be the only excess fat left to drop.
You can't target specific areas of your body for fat loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizdezigner View Post
Have you tried pilates? It definitely strengthens the abs and makes them look tight. You can also wear one of those slimming belts to bed and when you work out. It sheds water weight if you are prone to bloating.
Everyone has abs, but they are usually covered by fat. Strengthening them is great, but if one's goal was to appear with a better figure, this wont help with loosing fat around the tummy area.

Again, you can't target fat loss on specific areas of your body. It is genetics that determine where your fat is being stored.

The only cure for this is to reduce your calorie intake to loose fat everywhere.

Old 01-29-2011, 12:32 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,544,975 times
Tummy fat is the first place you gain, and the last place you lose. Keep losing.

Old 01-30-2011, 01:39 PM

625 posts, read 1,585,912 times
Talking As Seen on TV....

You simply order a pack of those cool (gut buster) shirts from TV. Then the fat will magically disappear (between the approximate hours of 8 to 6 Monday thru Friday; Sat noon til midnite and Sunday 9am til 12:30 pm) The rest of the time you will remain in standard pumpkin mode.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:33 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,477,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbullet View Post
You can't target specific areas of your body for fat loss.

Everyone has abs, but they are usually covered by fat. Strengthening them is great, but if one's goal was to appear with a better figure, this wont help with loosing fat around the tummy area.

Again, you can't target fat loss on specific areas of your body. It is genetics that determine where your fat is being stored.

The only cure for this is to reduce your calorie intake to loose fat everywhere.
That's the thing. I hardly eat! I used an online calculator to find how much I was taking in, it was like 1600 or something. Maybe a little less. I don't eat lots of fats or salts. My portions are small.

I just don't know what to do anymore.

Old 02-05-2011, 02:48 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,809,487 times
Besides some of the great advice already given in this thread, you might also want to consider the amount of stress you have in your life. Stress produces cortisol and is another factor in putting on belly fat. Along with the above, you might want to try some relaxation exercises and look for ways to get at least some of the stress out of your life.

Old 02-05-2011, 02:56 PM

356 posts, read 1,345,354 times
This may seem like a crazy thing to ask, but do you go to the gynecologist regularly? I had a fat tummy for several years. I thought it was because I'm a diabetic (not fat anywhere else). When I went to the gynecologist, it turned out I had a large tumor on my ovary which fortunately wasn't cancerous. After surgery, my fat tummy disappeared. If you haven't had a checkup recently, it wouldn't hurt to have one just in case.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:38 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,477,157 times
Um, actually auntbee, I have never been to a gyno before. I have been planning to go, but I kept putting it off. I'll schedule an appointment soon. Luckily I can get one for spring break or sooner.

It could be stress, PhotoGal. I gained the weight during freshman year of college.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss