Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2011, 12:00 PM

332 posts, read 533,163 times

Advertisements

Ok, this is another attempt at gaining an advantage to win my competition and prize.

45 min cardio of running and jogging in the morning (5:30 am)

Kashi GoLeen Original for breakfast - 8:30am (1 cup cereal and 1/2 cup of 1% milk -

Small Salad w/ a strip of Chicken Breast for lunch - 12 pm (Letttuce, Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, broccoli, -No dressings)

Small strip of Chicken and a whole large carrot or 6 unsalted crackers with small amounts of tuna on each for dinner- 6pm

45 minutes of cardio of running and jogging at various speeds, light-weights lifting - 8:00pm

*Maybe* If I wanna snack, some Plain Greek Yogurt whenever going a little hungry through out the day (Fage Total 2% Plain Greek Yogurt; 130 calories, 4 g fat, 17 g protein,8 g sugars)

I was also thinking of trying those water loosing pills Captain NJ talked about. But using them only on the weekend before the weight in. So the weekend before Monday, May 2nd. And how much should i expect to loose on just the water weight?

Let me know. I need to loose at most 12lbs to be in 1st place. The more the better. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 12:06 PM

1,549 posts, read 4,260,782 times
If you are a woman, you need at least 1200 calories a day..if you are a man, at least 1500 or more. You are not eating enough and you'll end up doing more damage i.e. gaining more weight than actually losing.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:24 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,821,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKLO View Post
If you are a woman, you need at least 1200 calories a day..if you are a man, at least 1500 or more. You are not eating enough and you'll end up doing more damage i.e. gaining more weight than actually losing.
The OP doesn't care whether or not it's healthy for him. He's chosen to participate in a contest to see who can lose the most weight in 3 weeks. Period.

My advice: starve, take lots of laxitives and diuretics, drink unsweetened coffee all day with no milk in it, and make sure your life insurance premium is paid up and your beneficiary has a bank account in which he can deposit his settlement.

Or - save a few brain cells and tell whoever came up with this stupid idea, that it's a stupid idea, and go back to eating like a normal human being.

Old 04-21-2011, 06:08 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,416,853 times
I'll vote for AnonChick's last line x 10000000

Old 04-26-2011, 10:07 AM

834 posts, read 2,686,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey713 View Post
Ok, this is another attempt at gaining an advantage to win my competition and prize.

45 min cardio of running and jogging in the morning (5:30 am)

Kashi GoLeen Original for breakfast - 8:30am (1 cup cereal and 1/2 cup of 1% milk -

Small Salad w/ a strip of Chicken Breast for lunch - 12 pm (Letttuce, Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, broccoli, -No dressings)

Small strip of Chicken and a whole large carrot or 6 unsalted crackers with small amounts of tuna on each for dinner- 6pm

45 minutes of cardio of running and jogging at various speeds, light-weights lifting - 8:00pm

*Maybe* If I wanna snack, some Plain Greek Yogurt whenever going a little hungry through out the day (Fage Total 2% Plain Greek Yogurt; 130 calories, 4 g fat, 17 g protein,8 g sugars)

I was also thinking of trying those water loosing pills Captain NJ talked about. But using them only on the weekend before the weight in. So the weekend before Monday, May 2nd. And how much should i expect to loose on just the water weight?

Let me know. I need to loose at most 12lbs to be in 1st place. The more the better. Thanks
Please tell me you're only doing this for 2 weeks! I don't think it's sustainable for you to workout twice a day. Also...in that little crazy diet of yours...I would add a protein shake...your body will enjoy a that after all that running (a glass of low fat chocolate milk or carb-controlled protein shake, EAS or Muscle Milk Light are good ones that are available at grocery stores).

Try to calculate something like this for about 1300 calories per day. With all the exercise you're doing this should be doable to burn more than what you consume and therefore lose weight. ***I am not a nutrition expert, just a fan*** these are just some examples...hope you can win!

early AM - coffee - 200 cals
late AM - breakfast - 250 cals (1 breakfast taco - egg whites & ground turkey, low fat shredded cheese)
Lunch/early PM - maintain at 300 cals (make this your carb heavy meal - small bowl of pasta w chicken, rice w chicken...stick to small 300 cals)
Late PM - snack - 200 cals (EAS bar or shake)
Night (before 9PM or 2 hours before bed) - 350 cals (no carbs - vegetables, protein)

Old 04-28-2011, 08:34 PM

22,674 posts, read 24,650,273 times
Myself personally, when I exercise it makes me feel great and I believe it is good for my health. But for weight loss, exercise is not the ticket, it makes my appetite go way up. I just have to eat right and I soon look like Raddy Pritt or whatever that famous, perfumed, male actor is named.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:59 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,820,887 times
The absolute fastest way that I ever dropped lbs was Atkins induction, but it tends to make me weak and shaky and I have to up the carbs a little bit and thus slow down the weight loss.

Old 04-29-2011, 03:41 PM

2,455 posts, read 6,675,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Or - save a few brain cells and tell whoever came up with this stupid idea, that it's a stupid idea, and go back to eating like a normal human being.
This is THE main reason why I never competed. It's insanity in a nutshell, and the damage you are doing to your body is irreversible. You may be young now, but everything eventually does catch up to you. Please be careful with this diet aimed to feed a mouse and don't overdo on the exercise when you are starving your body. THINK. Is a competition worth your health?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss