Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2011, 04:11 PM

834 posts, read 2,684,020 times

Advertisements

I have seen these "clinics" pop up in my town and I'm wondering if they even work. It's probably removing water weight, which is not trully losing the actual weight...but I was wondering if it's worth in a pinch if you need to get on those jeans or tighter shirts. I have also seen pretty good deals on sites like groupons, etc for 1 hour session.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 05:03 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston_2010 View Post
It's probably removing water weight
That's exactly what it does, and I have no clue why anyone would pay for that. You can accomplish the same thing with some trash bags and duct tape.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:38 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
That's exactly what it does, and I have no clue why anyone would pay for that. You can accomplish the same thing with some trash bags and duct tape.

Do you mean the things where you soak your feet in the gunk and it pulls "toxins" out of your body?????? I don't think those are legit.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:42 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Do you mean the things where you soak your feet in the gunk and it pulls "toxins" out of your body?????? I don't think those are legit.
No, I'm talking about basically wearing a plastic trash bag around your body to sweat out extra water weight. Still pretty pointless IMO as the only reason we ever used them was back in the football and wrestling days when we needed to make a weigh in.

By the way, I thought they were magnets you put on your feet to pull out the toxins? Those things always made me laugh.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
No, I'm talking about basically wearing a plastic trash bag around your body to sweat out extra water weight. Still pretty pointless IMO as the only reason we ever used them was back in the football and wrestling days when we needed to make a weigh in.

By the way, I thought they were magnets you put on your feet to pull out the toxins? Those things always made me laugh.
Well, losing water weight does have some utility for some people, losing excess water CAN lower blood pressure. Water is attracted to both sodium and sugar molecules.....reduce the amount in your body and you will lose a lot of water.

And yeah, the magnets pull tons of toxins out of your body, and cash out of the wallet.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:33 PM

5 posts, read 9,269 times
Hi there,I have no experience practically and a new member here , What i have been concluded is that the procedure of water lose and weight is some what good and needs good cash .
I want to make a question that it may results in some minerals loss which are beneficial for body or the minerals must lost to reduce the weight ???? Good to remove toxins.
Thanks in advance.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleming01 View Post
Hi there,I have no experience practically and a new member here , What i have been concluded is that the procedure of water lose and weight is some what good and needs good cash .
I want to make a question that it may results in some minerals loss which are beneficial for body or the minerals must lost to reduce the weight ???? Good to remove toxins.
Thanks in advance.

Uh, what........come again feller, I am having a hard time making out your comment/question.

Old 05-14-2011, 01:11 AM

5 posts, read 9,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleming01 View Post
Thanks in advance.
Link:
Arizona Home Loans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss