Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 01:08 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,291,760 times

Advertisements

You have not done the diet & don't know anything about it. Peter D'Adamo is in fact a very serious, sophisticated scientist with an impressive body of work & a,legion of loyal followers such as myself who proclaim blood type as the end-all be-all truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
That is completely bogus. Ive posted on here many times about this. Years ago, I got the book, read the book, then gave away the book (or did I trash it?). It was soooo far off the mark that it was ridiculous.

Bottom line is - LEARN about proper nutrition. Not some cockamanie "diet" scheme thought up by someone just to make a buck. People should learn about proper nutrition (i.e., what to eat), then learn portion size and how to judge calories (i.e., how to eat) and you have a great philosophy of eating. Do this along with a strenuous/vigorious exercise program and you are sure to lose weight if you are overweight; gain weight if you are underweight; and improve your health and overall being if any weight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 01:41 PM

420 posts, read 1,371,259 times
Me, I buy organically, eat as much animal, and non starchy veggies as I want. Moderate Oil, fruits(mostly berries), dairy, and nuts, Little to no grains, or sugar.

I do enjoy a few beers on the weekend though

Old 05-26-2011, 02:10 PM

14,570 posts, read 23,104,164 times
Here is the piece written by Dr. Klaper, M.D and referenced by Dr. Siff in the above piece. Since it is still available online, unlike Dr. Siff's work, I will simply give the link.

EarthSave - Food intervention programs to achieve health independence

Old 05-26-2011, 02:19 PM

14,570 posts, read 23,104,164 times
FURTHERMORE, I want an answer to this question I asked almost a month ago!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
What works for me is a combo of paleo nutrition with lower to moderate carbs + ketogenic cycling plus light exercise & weight lifting. I draw from The Zone, Dukan Diet & Genotype Diet, advanced version of blood type. I eat similar/same meals frequently & in last 6 months have given up drinking wine at home. I just learned that red wine is an avoid for my genotype. I drink it once a week with a meal in public.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Whoa, wait a minute. You claim to have been successfully dieting with various high protein diets for over a decade now but just now decided to quit drinking wine as it was bad for your genotype?

So one of two things is true here. Either you haven't having success on your diets or you just proved that your precious blood type/genotype diet is garbage, just like I've been telling you.

Which is it?
https://www.city-data.com/forum/19032644-post30.html

Old 05-26-2011, 02:33 PM

10,180 posts, read 20,810,169 times
If it wasn't food 100 years ago, it's not food today.

Old 05-27-2011, 05:53 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,588,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Nice and solid, like it

Old 05-27-2011, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
good way to look at it. Eat natural and organic if possible... and if not, just stay away from the middle isles of the grocery store.

I dont care if you're on Paleo or Primal type of diet, I dont care if you think saturated fats are bad or not, as long as you arent eating processed foods, or overdoing the carbs, I think you'll be alright.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:28 AM

8,868 posts, read 12,581,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highwyre237 View Post
good way to look at it. Eat natural and organic if possible... and if not, just stay away from the middle isles of the grocery store.

I dont care if you're on Paleo or Primal type of diet, I dont care if you think saturated fats are bad or not, as long as you arent eating processed foods, or overdoing the carbs, I think you'll be alright.

Oils are processed. So is cheese. So is bread. Cooking is processing. Human beings have been processing food for thousands of years. The cutoff of 100 years ago, or your grandmother, or whatever, is based on the assumption that because obesity and certain related diseases have increased over this period, the processed foods must be the cause. I myself can think of some other things that changed over that period that impact weight and health.

I'm not saying one should go out of ones way to eat processed foods. I mean if you have the time to prepare green beans szechuan, why buy frozen green beans szechuan, which have artificial stuff in them that has not been shown to be harmful, but of course, could later turn out to be so? OTOH if your life style makes it difficult to avoid SOME processed foods, I wouldnt agonize about that. I wouldnt suggest anyone cut back on exercise say, to stay home and prepare food. I wouldnt suggest that people who are dealing with a blood sugar issue avoid artificial sweeteners and use sugar instead. I wouldnt suggest that someone dealing with cholesterol issues, eat a nice juicy steak in place of some processed soy stuff.

I surely wouldnt eat loads of what has made us as a nation unhealthy over the last couple of generations - french fries, chicken nuggets, big macs, shakes, pizza, ice cream, etc, etc - foods which in general are high in simple carbs, in sat fats AND are heavily processed. Those are the problem foods.

If you want to eat an all natural grass fed steak, dont agonize about it. By the same token, no need to agonize about an occasional helping of Morningstar farms veggie breakfast patties, or some non fat yogurt, or even a diet cola on a hot day. All these things will, IMO, be fine in moderation for most people

Old 05-27-2011, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynborndad View Post
Oils are processed. So is cheese. So is bread. Cooking is processing. Human beings have been processing food for thousands of years. The cutoff of 100 years ago, or your grandmother, or whatever, is based on the assumption that because obesity and certain related diseases have increased over this period, the processed foods must be the cause. I myself can think of some other things that changed over that period that impact weight and health.

I'm not saying one should go out of ones way to eat processed foods. I mean if you have the time to prepare green beans szechuan, why buy frozen green beans szechuan, which have artificial stuff in them that has not been shown to be harmful, but of course, could later turn out to be so? OTOH if your life style makes it difficult to avoid SOME processed foods, I wouldnt agonize about that. I wouldnt suggest anyone cut back on exercise say, to stay home and prepare food. I wouldnt suggest that people who are dealing with a blood sugar issue avoid artificial sweeteners and use sugar instead. I wouldnt suggest that someone dealing with cholesterol issues, eat a nice juicy steak in place of some processed soy stuff.

I surely wouldnt eat loads of what has made us as a nation unhealthy over the last couple of generations - french fries, chicken nuggets, big macs, shakes, pizza, ice cream, etc, etc - foods which in general are high in simple carbs, in sat fats AND are heavily processed. Those are the problem foods.

If you want to eat an all natural grass fed steak, dont agonize about it. By the same token, no need to agonize about an occasional helping of Morningstar farms veggie breakfast patties, or some non fat yogurt, or even a diet cola on a hot day. All these things will, IMO, be fine in moderation for most people
My feeling is, as long as you know what goes into your food, and you'd eat that on its own.. its fine to eat

I dont disagree with what you said here at all... If you dont have time to cook every meal, thats fine... but its important to make smart decisions even if you're eating out...

As long as we can all agree that people should limit simple carbs in every situation as much as possible I'm fine.

I know, it takes too much time and money for some to eat organically, which I'm fine with... hell I cant claim all of my food is organic, but I know that my diet is high in protein and healthy fats, and lower in carbs... its been working well for me, and everyone else I know of that has taken on this lifestyle.

When it comes to complex carbs and fruits higher on glycemic index, go for it to an extent, just dont over do it

Old 05-27-2011, 08:56 AM

1,956 posts, read 4,881,482 times
I eat fast
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss