Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 11:34 AM

2 posts, read 3,903 times

Advertisements

I dropped 15 lbs in the last 30 days.. Working out, not so strict diet, a few supplements, and DISCIPLINE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 10:05 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,172,698 times
Discipline is key.

I have a fairly busy social life that tends to be sporratic, so when I do workout, I got balls out, because later in the week something may come up and I may be busy, but usually I get 4-5 days of working out after work.

Old 06-10-2011, 01:38 PM

1,073 posts, read 2,099,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynborndad View Post
lactose in skim milk isnt added sugar, its there naturally. Skim milk is made by allowing whole milk (what comes out of the cow) to seperate (as non-homogenized milk will do) and "skimming" off the top (hence "skim" milk) and leaving the cream. Dairy products are made from skim milk, cream, or both. Skim milk is NO more processed than cream is. The only processing necessary to make skim milk is the seperation. A process humans have been doing as long as we have consumed cream.

The cream is higher in fat, the skim milk higher in lactose. BOTH are natural parts of the milk, as it would be whole.

Skim milk is a good, natural sources of calcium and vitamins. Water is also good to drink.

IF you are limiting your carb consumption, you should of course count the carbs in skim milk, as you would all other carbs (natural or not). Ditto for the carbs found in whole milk. IF you are limiting calories, you need to count the calories in skim milk (and in cream, and in whole milk). I find using skim milk as been a good part of my own efforts to eat more healthily. I drink skim milk regularly, and I have lost weight since doing WW, have reached my goal weight, and have not only improved my blood cholesterol, but have improved my blood sugar.
THANK YOU! I learned something today. Silly, but I never took the time to research why skim milk is called "skim." A little dairy trivia never hurts...

Old 06-10-2011, 06:13 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,312,960 times
Most Europeans have a better perspective on this: milk is for babies, mainly baby cattle. Much heathier for grownup humans to drink water or even wine.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:06 AM

8,868 posts, read 12,590,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Most Europeans have a better perspective on this: milk is for babies, mainly baby cattle. Much heathier for grownup humans to drink water or even wine.

apparently not

Dairy, Milk, Fluid Domestic Consumption by Country in 1000 MT - Country Rankings

Old 06-13-2011, 08:00 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,312,960 times
Quote:
I should have said, as the French and Italians. The EU-27 stats are skewed by heavy milk consumption in the Scandinavian countries. In countries furher South, dairy is consumed more in the form of cheeses, which contain much less lactose, and in most cases none.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:05 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,455,934 times
LOL I've lost 20lbs in a day......................good for you but it's nothing to get all worked up about. honestly you shouldn't have let yourself go in the first place. I shows major flaw in ones character

Old 06-14-2011, 07:31 AM

420 posts, read 1,372,186 times
Quote:
I dont know where you shop for skim milk, but I dont see skim milk with starch or sugar added (unless its flavored). Ditto for plain low fat or non fat yogurt.

Note to OP:

thats a very intense work out plan - if this is well beyond what youve done in the past, you should keep your doc informed.

8oz of any milk has about 12 grams of sugar in it... read the back of the carton

Old 06-14-2011, 07:59 AM

1,956 posts, read 4,884,417 times
I have lost 6 lbs in two weeks. I work out 2 times a day, run and eat salads. I also drink muscle milk and protein shakes.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:18 AM

8,868 posts, read 12,590,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highwyre237 View Post
8oz of any milk has about 12 grams of sugar in it... read the back of the carton

and if you read the above posts, you see we agreed that is the case and that that sugar is there naturally, not added, as stated in the post I was responding to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss