Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 09:57 AM

3,718 posts, read 5,695,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I don't think there are any.
Did you ever bother reading any other post expect mine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
Did you ever bother reading any other post expect mine?
I guess not. Oh well.

Anyone else have any good suggestions?

Old 10-18-2011, 12:00 PM

9 posts, read 11,191 times
If it is correct to behave to the healthy meal that it will help certainly! Good comments!

Old 10-19-2011, 06:51 PM

2,028 posts, read 3,347,933 times
Hiya...

I strongly believe in this guy...

Dr. Fuhrman: GOMBS Superfoods, Reverse Disease, Lower Cholesterol, Prevent Cancer | ANewDayANewMe

I also dont eat meats, poultry, cow's milk, eggs, (I will use them for baking) processed foods, sodas (diet or otherwise).

If you wanna know anything - just ask. I eat lots of good food

(and yes - lots of water!! and green, white, and black teas)

Old 10-25-2011, 01:04 PM

A friend of mine told me that it is relatively simple; stay away from soda, dessert/candy, fried foods and processed foods.

Thoughts?

Old 10-25-2011, 03:03 PM

22,658 posts, read 24,585,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer111 View Post
If it is correct to behave to the healthy meal that it will help certainly! Good comments!

Uh..............WUT, did not get the meaning of this one..............anyone????

Old 10-28-2011, 12:27 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,992,865 times
Quote:
A friend of mine told me that it is relatively simple; stay away from soda, dessert/candy, fried foods and processed foods.

Thoughts?
Well, sure, it should be that simple. Cut out the garbage, eat whole foods. Have you tried this approach? Or...it's not even just one approach, obviously. There are a gajillion specific "diets" you could go on and follow to a T, but on the other hand, have you tried simply cutting out junk food and eating non-processed foods (and exercising)?

You're not going to know until you try it. All the anecdotes in the world, even all the published studies in the world aren't going to tell you how you're going to react to a certain dietary change. They'll tell you probability, but you're...you. You could be the rule; you could be the exception. Try it and see. What do you have to lose?

Old 11-01-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Well, sure, it should be that simple. Cut out the garbage, eat whole foods. Have you tried this approach? Or...it's not even just one approach, obviously. There are a gajillion specific "diets" you could go on and follow to a T, but on the other hand, have you tried simply cutting out junk food and eating non-processed foods (and exercising)?

You're not going to know until you try it. All the anecdotes in the world, even all the published studies in the world aren't going to tell you how you're going to react to a certain dietary change. They'll tell you probability, but you're...you. You could be the rule; you could be the exception. Try it and see. What do you have to lose?
I do want to try it, believe me, but since I work behind a kitchen, I am having a hard time letting go. All though I have stopped drinking soft drinks and am close to stop eating deep fried foods.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post

Actually, it is kinda hard to completely ween off soda in particular. Would coffee be a good alternative instead?

Old 01-03-2012, 02:04 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,864,430 times
Quote:
Actually, it is kinda hard to completely ween off soda in particular. Would coffee be a good alternative instead?
Try plain sparkling water or infused sparkling water.

You can also make a healthier alternative: sparkling water + juice.

Is coffee a good substitute? Wellit depends on why you are drinking soda. If for caffeine? Sure. If for the bubbles...then not quite.

But try to drink more coffee and tea with limited sweeteners.

I am weird, I can't even drink a cup of juice without diluting it. If I drink juice (or vitamin water, or gatorade or any packaged drink) I generally do 1 part water to 1 part flavored beverage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss