Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 10:21 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,301,046 times

Advertisements

There are a lot of sites popping up filled with people who are saying they're sick of low carb dieting. It's not gonna hit the mainstream anytime soon, not coming to a Wally World or Borders near you. I posted about fasting on another board and the OP got deleted.

I have to comment though that I personally have never eaten 6 low carb mini meals in my life. At most I've eaten 3 Zoneish type meals and maybe one Zone snack of 100 calories. Im generally not a snacker so I tended to skip and hello that is how my metabolism got out of whack and why I quit the gym--- I didnt eat enough for years. Or maybe I did who knows. All I know is I'm not gonna spend the rest of my life mathematically calculatings the ratio of my meals, sick of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Hahahahaha...yeah right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 11:07 AM

14,585 posts, read 23,154,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
There are a lot of sites popping up filled with people who are saying they're sick of low carb dieting.
Then they should find any one of the low carb alternatives that suit them.

Quote:
I have to comment though that I personally have never eaten 6 low carb mini meals in my life. At most I've eaten 3 Zoneish type meals and maybe one Zone snack of 100 calories. Im generally not a snacker so I tended to skip and hello that is how my metabolism got out of whack and why I quit the gym--- I didnt eat enough for years. Or maybe I did who knows. All I know is I'm not gonna spend the rest of my life mathematically calculatings the ratio of my meals, sick of it.
You were doing it wrong then. I've never had 6 actual meals in a day. I've always done the big three with protein shakes in between. Very easy to do.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:09 AM

8,868 posts, read 12,606,102 times
Quote:
Or one of the other alternatives, like WW.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:15 AM

14,585 posts, read 23,154,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynborndad View Post
Or one of the other alternatives, like WW.
If you're into that sort of thing.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:30 AM

8,868 posts, read 12,606,102 times
Quote:
If you're into that sort of thing.
Seems like just as reasonable a response to folks who claim to be sick of low carb dieting, as "try a different low carb plan"

I mean if someone says they are having problems with Calories in/calories out, the low carb folks dont usualy say "try a DIFFERNT calories in/calories out plan".

I mean we've got studies showing low carb plans do about as well as calories in calories out in weight loss, and that their impact on weight loss may be large enough to offset or more than offset any other negative impact on blood cholesterol levels. That should tell us that for folks more comfortable with low carb plans than with other plans, they shouldnt worry about being on a low carb plan. Lots of the posts here imply (at least to me) that low carb is the default option, and any other approach to weight loss is for some odd minority that can't or won't adopt low carb. Which is quite without support.

Old 06-27-2011, 02:47 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,924,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Either fast all day and eat at night or eat normally for a few days and alternate food days with fasting. I'm done with doing low carbs every day, ugh its so time consuming and boring. What you're doing may or may not work for you. To lose more fat & gain muscle look in to The Warrior Diet or Eat Stop Eat. I also personally incorporate blood type principles in to my eating style. If you're an O get rid of all dairy for good.

Intermittent Fasting Eat Stop Eat style to Lose weight, Lose Fat, Increase Growth Hormone and get healthy

My recent research is showing that online anyway low carbs is dead and is in the process of being replaced with intermittent fasting. That is why there is so much bickering on this forum about carbs. The whole movement is crumbling and on its way out. All that mini meal crap totally sucks. I know because I've done it for a decade. It works but IF may be healthier overall. I mean really how healthy is it to come on here and ask us what to eat? That's neurotic.
I do intermittent fasting. It's great.

Old 06-27-2011, 04:12 PM

992 posts, read 2,379,732 times
Just going to share my experience....

The more "colors" I eat, the more weight I lose and the better I feel.

Lots of greens, reds (peppers and tomatoes), lean proteins, little if any breads. A little brown rice here and there, some yogurt, a little milk, lots of water, green tea, a little coffee, oranges, apples, and grapes.

I make salads ahead of time
Always have a ton of fruit on hand
Water bottles always full
No white stuff.

It's pretty simple stuff, really.

Oh, I try to burn more than I take in. Swimming. Best workout for me.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:50 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,349,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazymomof3 View Post

Lots of greens, reds (peppers and tomatoes), lean proteins, little if any breads. A little brown rice here and there, some yogurt, a little milk, lots of water, green tea, a little coffee, oranges, apples, and grapes.

No white stuff.

Sounds great.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:04 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,301,046 times
I'm not as in to eating a bunch like most Americans yeah. I don't have cravings that's a big part of it. I was too busy in the 2000s to drink a shake. I did gain 5 lbs, that's pretty good.
Quote:

You were doing it wrong then. I've never had 6 actual meals in a day. I've always done the big three with protein shakes in between. Very easy to do.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:11 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,986,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazymomof3 View Post

No white stuff.

But none of that tastes as good as pizza and ice cream and hamburgers and chocolate and 40g fat Costco Hot Dogs.

Sounds like you're on the HMD diet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss