Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 10:31 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,775,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Either fast all day and eat at night or eat normally for a few days and alternate food days with fasting. I'm done with doing low carbs every day, ugh its so time consuming and boring. What you're doing may or may not work for you. To lose more fat & gain muscle look in to The Warrior Diet or Eat Stop Eat. I also personally incorporate blood type principles in to my eating style. If you're an O get rid of all dairy for good.Intermittent Fasting Eat Stop Eat style to Lose weight, Lose Fat, Increase Growth Hormone and get healthy

My recent research is showing that online anyway low carbs is dead and is in the process of being replaced with intermittent fasting. That is why there is so much bickering on this forum about carbs. The whole movement is crumbling and on its way out. All that mini meal crap totally sucks. I know because I've done it for a decade. It works but IF may be healthier overall. I mean really how healthy is it to come on here and ask us what to eat? That's neurotic.
You've been saying for months now that you look marvelous and feel great all the time. Why would you change something that's been working so well for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 05:04 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,299,157 times
Change is all you should expect really. I ate one meal plan for ten years, now I'm on something else. Dukan is what primed me. I did the math and decided I would rearrange. Try it, if you *can*. I'm fierce, and this is whats next for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
You've been saying for months now that you look marvelous and feel great all the time. Why would you change something that's been working so well for you?

Old 06-29-2011, 07:34 AM

14,582 posts, read 23,144,326 times
Quote:
I'm fierce
Not the adjective I had in mind.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:02 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,876,050 times
Sounds like someone spends way too much time watching Tyra and not enough time *being* fierce.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:19 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,775,623 times
Quote:
Change is all you should expect really. I ate one meal plan for ten years, now I'm on something else. Dukan is what primed me. I did the math and decided I would rearrange. Try it, if you *can*. I'm fierce, and this is whats next for me.
There's nothing wrong with changing things up. What I don't get is whatever you've been doing--very successfully, according to you--became crap overnight as you move on to the next fad. But hey, whatever.

What fierce thing have you done today?

Old 06-29-2011, 08:24 AM

14,582 posts, read 23,144,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
There's nothing wrong with changing things up. What I don't get is whatever you've been doing--very successfully, according to you--became crap overnight as move on to the next fad. But hey, whatever.
I have a couple theories on that.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:44 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,299,157 times
Figure out what you plan to do to manage your weight, I already have! If doing low carbs day in and day works for you great. Or just a low carb day or whatever. The OP wants us to tell him what to eat. I've already given my views over and over about that.

Old 07-25-2011, 06:20 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,921,734 times
I've decided that I'm going all in for "the last 10" and do a low carb diet. I'm at 190 now which I believe is from lifting since I've gotten more ripped and my clothes are fitting much looser. My new goal is 180 pounds.

For the next 2 weeks, I will be doing 50 grams of carbs/day.
The following weeks, I will increase my daily intake 25 grams per day. So in 3 weeks I'll be at 75. I'll do this until I get back into a 50-40-10 diet.

Old 07-25-2011, 07:47 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,337,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I've decided that I'm going all in for "the last 10" and do a low carb diet. I'm at 190 now which I believe is from lifting since I've gotten more ripped and my clothes are fitting much looser. My new goal is 180 pounds.

For the next 2 weeks, I will be doing 50 grams of carbs/day.
The following weeks, I will increase my daily intake 25 grams per day. So in 3 weeks I'll be at 75. I'll do this until I get back into a 50-40-10 diet.
50's really not low enough to start with. I'd call your plan "lower carb" not "low carb'. You should really try to get under 20 for the first two weeks to blast you into ketosis, then add back an extra 5 a day per week.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:39 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,921,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
50's really not low enough to start with. I'd call your plan "lower carb" not "low carb'. You should really try to get under 20 for the first two weeks to blast you into ketosis, then add back an extra 5 a day per week.
I'm not sure that's possible. With my body size, my exercise level and my job, I just can't do 20 g/day, much less find food that would add up to less than that amount.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss