Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 08:30 AM

9 posts, read 28,269 times

Advertisements

Wow, at some of the comments! I had a baby and I put the weight back on after my baby. When I do phentermine I am under a doctors care with a healthy diet and exercising I go to a center in Dunwoody, Ga. I see this is online bullying at its best!!! I wish everybody the best of luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 08:55 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,015,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessij26 View Post
Wow, at some of the comments! I had a baby and I put the weight back on after my baby. When I do phentermine I am under a doctors care with a healthy diet and exercising I go to a center in Dunwoody, Ga. I see this is online bullying at its best!!! I wish everybody the best of luck!

hmm...I had several children and only put on weight while expecting, AFTER they were born I lost weight.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:07 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,776,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessij26 View Post
Phentermine will not teach you how to NOT put weight on. Most women -lose- weight after giving birth. You claim that's when you gained it. You're doing something wrong, and phentermine won't fix that. Sounds to me like you're going to a weight-loss center, not your own doctor. No doubt your own doctor (particularly your OB/GYN) would tell you to eat better, exercise better, and lay off the pills. Phentermine is an appetite suppressant. It doesn't make you lose weight. It makes you not want to eat. The moment you STOP taking the phentermine, your appetite returns. If you aren't learning how to live a healthier lifestyle, then the phentermine won't help you be a parent to your child. It'll just give you another excuse to live an unhealthy lifestyle.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:58 AM

9 posts, read 28,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Phentermine will not teach you how to NOT put weight on. Most women -lose- weight after giving birth. You claim that's when you gained it. You're doing something wrong, and phentermine won't fix that. Sounds to me like you're going to a weight-loss center, not your own doctor. No doubt your own doctor (particularly your OB/GYN) would tell you to eat better, exercise better, and lay off the pills. Phentermine is an appetite suppressant. It doesn't make you lose weight. It makes you not want to eat. The moment you STOP taking the phentermine, your appetite returns. If you aren't learning how to live a healthier lifestyle, then the phentermine won't help you be a parent to your child. It'll just give you another excuse to live an unhealthy lifestyle.
Thank you for your opinion. I can see where you are coming from, I just feel like I voiced how I felt and then I received a full blown online attack. I want to do better and make healthier decision hints the reason I joined a forum.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:16 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,664,286 times
My sister in law was on the fen fen diet and lost a lot of weight, she was upset when they discontinued the combination due to the health risks. She was given a full physical and had some cardiac tests and didn't end up having any problems with the medication.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:51 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldraider View Post
Is prescription phentermine the same thing as the diet pills that where sold over the counter some years back? Seems like I remember there being a little red pill with a name close to that.

Have any of you had an experience with phentermine?
Generic Phentermine does nothing for me. It is *useless*. In the past I used Fastin which was a trademarked version of phentermine (or so they say). And it worked beautifully, but they have stopped making it, because it WORKED TOO WELL. Go figure.

I have tried every single pill on the market, I promise you. And nothing works. The diet/weightloss industry does not want us to lose weight. They would be out of business if they ever came up with something that worked. LOL

20yrsinBranson

Old 03-05-2013, 09:31 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,817,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Generic Phentermine does nothing for me. It is *useless*. In the past I used Fastin which was a trademarked version of phentermine (or so they say). And it worked beautifully, but they have stopped making it, because it WORKED TOO WELL. Go figure.

I have tried every single pill on the market, I promise you. And nothing works. The diet/weightloss industry does not want us to lose weight. They would be out of business if they ever came up with something that worked. LOL

20yrsinBranson
Isn't that the truth!

I look at it this way. If a diet pill worked it would be headline news and sold everywhere. Fat people would be a rarity.
Its common sense folks.
It is very easy to get drawn into quick fix notions because trying to lose weight is hard work. It takes 100% commitment and there are no short cuts.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:00 AM

3 posts, read 5,042 times
Hello,

Phentermine diet pills are the most commonly prescribed weight loss medication in the USA. This is the name of the drug in its generic form, but it is also sold under a number of additional brand names, which include Adipex, Oby-Trim etc. It also helps to minimize the discomforts that are associated with dieting such as hunger and fatigue, so that those who weight is leading to a health risk can drop the pounds more easily.

Thanks..

Old 03-06-2013, 09:19 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,817,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygomez View Post
Hello,

Phentermine diet pills are the most commonly prescribed weight loss medication in the USA. This is the name of the drug in its generic form, but it is also sold under a number of additional brand names, which include Adipex, Oby-Trim etc. It also helps to minimize the discomforts that are associated with dieting such as hunger and fatigue, so that those who weight is leading to a health risk can drop the pounds more easily.

Thanks..
And they still do not work for long term weight loss or health. As soon as you go off them the weight comes back.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:10 AM

748 posts, read 1,375,869 times
Phentermine causes your blood pressure to go up. Be careful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss