Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 06:52 PM

6,885 posts, read 11,251,567 times

Advertisements

Anyone tried this program?

A friend lost 85 pounds and is still losing. I've read their testimonials and am curious.

Is it expensive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2011, 09:45 PM

834 posts, read 2,685,504 times
I also heard about this place. Aparently it does work. However, after reading several online reviews in different sites it appears they make you sign some sort of contract and delay certain "evaluations" until you cannot get out of the contract. You do purchase regular foods at your local store but you also need to supplement with stuff they sell. Overall the reviews I read was that it does work but be prepared to pay more than you had expected. I called and the lady I spoke to wanted me to stop by right away (even though I mentioned I was working and had a busy schedule ahead and was hoping to get more info over the phone). So right there I thought they were a bit pushy so didn't pursue it further.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:00 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,961,106 times
After reading reviews on Yelp.com and Citysearch, there is no way I would use Quick Weight Loss Center. Besides the hard-sell and seemingly unprofessional attitude reported by the majority of reviewers, there remains the constant - it's expensive. Additionally, they do sell you herbal supplements, and some of these have adverse side effects.

If one is motivated to lose weight, it would probably be best to pay for an office visit to your doctor and get professional advice. Barring that, cut out sugar, carbs, eat plenty of fresh veggies, fish, skip desserts and go for a walk. Once the first five pounds comes off, you'll be motivated to continue and before too long, you'll be buying a smaller belt!

Quick weight loss seems to be everyone's goal. But taking it off should take just about as long as it took to put it on.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:35 PM

834 posts, read 2,685,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
After reading reviews on Yelp.com and Citysearch, there is no way I would use Quick Weight Loss Center. Besides the hard-sell and seemingly unprofessional attitude reported by the majority of reviewers, there remains the constant - it's expensive. Additionally, they do sell you herbal supplements, and some of these have adverse side effects.

If one is motivated to lose weight, it would probably be best to pay for an office visit to your doctor and get professional advice. Barring that, cut out sugar, carbs, eat plenty of fresh veggies, fish, skip desserts and go for a walk. Once the first five pounds comes off, you'll be motivated to continue and before too long, you'll be buying a smaller belt!

Quick weight loss seems to be everyone's goal. But taking it off should take just about as long as it took to put it on.
This! and drink at least 64 oz of water. If you have a reusable water bottle (siggs, klean kanteen, etc) it make is much easier to have the water with you at all times. Also take multi-vitamin supplements, especially if you lower your calorie intake.

Old 08-28-2011, 06:37 PM

Smile Update - QWLC

Well, I took my husband with me. He was supposed to be the "NO" guy if he felt they were being too pushy.

But, he agreed with the staffer and gave it his blessing. You're right - info is withheld - I will try it for the 45 days and see what happens.

Maybe this is his way of saying - you really need to lose the weight. Other than my friend, City-Data and my husband, I'm not telling anyone.

I'm not looking to lose 25 pounds in a month - I would love that but I know the other side of that. My friend has lost close to 90 pounds - it has taken almost a year so she's doing it right and she has tried everything out there.

I just need to eat less, better and all that. I do exercise but I just don't lose. I will be careful on it.

Old 08-28-2011, 06:40 PM

Smile Side effects on the herbal supplements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post

Please direct to a website or let me know what you found regarding the side effects. This does concern me. I will not take them if that is the case and chalk up the cost to a learning experience.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:36 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,961,106 times
There is a ton of information on herbal supplements from reputable sources on the internet.

My information comes from my doctor, with whom I had discussed herbal supplements at one of my office visits.

Some herbs can cause serious side effects if you're taking prescription and OTC drugs such as aspirin, blood thinners or BP medications. Discuss possible interactions with your doctor.
Be careful if you're pregnant or breast feeding.
Herbal supplements can impact the outcome of some surgery so be careful if you're having surgery.
Be cautious if you're younger than 18 or older than 65. The very young and the elderly don't always metabolize in the same way.

I wish you luck in your effort to lose weight and I hope you'll continue to post and let us know how you're doing. I'm currently 17# down since mid-May. While I'd like it to be quicker, I'm satisfied that I'll eventually reach my goal.

OMT: My previous post was based on my own feelings about QWLC. Different regimens work for different people. YMMV.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:32 AM

1 posts, read 29,790 times
I am currently using QWLC for my weight loss. It is expensive, don't be fooled by the promotion of only one dollar for each pound you want to lose. They make their money by selling you the suppliments. I thinks most of their help is common sense. Cut out the sugar, carbs and fast foods. Eat lots of vegetables, lean meat, and fruit in small portions and you will lose weight. I have lost about 10 pounds without exercising in about two weeks but I don't know if it's the suppliments or the lower food intake that's working or both. I have paid in $379 plus about $35 dollars in additional suppliments but I was asked to pay almost $1400 for a whole years worth of suppliments but I couldn't afford it. I was not told of this amount until after I had completed my 3 days of diet preperation. You can pay as you go but the products will cost more if you buy them as you need them instead of all at once. So I will continue with the program until I complete my weight loss but I will probably not buy their suppliments, most of them can be bought at the local vitamin store anyway.

Good Luck

Old 11-01-2011, 07:17 PM

8,818 posts, read 21,290,844 times
I have paid in $379 plus about $35 dollars in additional suppliments but I was asked to pay almost $1400 for a whole years worth of suppliments but I couldn't afford it.

You can walk into any Weight Watchers center without joining and buy a package of their very good milkshakes for $5.99. Buy your vitamins at Costco for about the same amount . They are the same ingredients . No one needs to pay this kind of money.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 11-01-2011, 07:42 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,801,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
I have paid in $379 plus about $35 dollars in additional suppliments but I was asked to pay almost $1400 for a whole years worth of suppliments but I couldn't afford it.

You can walk into any Weight Watchers center without joining and buy a package of their very good milkshakes for $5.99. Buy your vitamins at Costco for about the same amount . They are the same ingredients . No one needs to pay this kind of money.
You know, that's a great tip. There's a Weight Watchers center opening in my town soon and though I don't feel it's the right "plan" for me (I'm not convinced any "plan" is right for me, I just need discipline to maintain healthy eating habits and exercise), I like the concept of the organization. Is it Bosco or Brooklyndad who's a member..whichever of you, have you tried their shakes? Are they any good? Maybe I'll pick up a package to enjoy as a breakfast replacement, if it's appropriate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss