Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 10:17 AM

8,868 posts, read 12,560,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
Listening to what your body tells you (hunger pangs vs. no hunger pangs, functioning better with a larger meal in the AM or PM, etc.) isn't the same as listening to what your mind is telling you (I really really feel like I should have a second helping of that!)

Precisely. To clarify what I meant.

1. You listen to your body about how hungry you are and when - to decide what foods to choose, you listen to your brain.

2. You have to actually listen to your body for hunger/satiety, and seperate that from eating cause the food tastes good, cause its a habit, cause you are bored, cause you are anxious, cause you are sad, cause you are happy, cause everyone else is, etc, etc. Theres something of an art to this, I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 10:31 AM

467 posts, read 1,189,083 times
To successfully lose weight you must learn, or relearn, the daily conscious process of your caloric intake and what you're "burning." Don't confuse hunger pangs for dehydration.

You aren't feeling the need to exercise - but you should at least start with a little mobilization and walk.

Cut down or out the bread; you can get your grains other ways. Cut down fruits/veggies high in sugar (to start, then incorporate them into your diet once you start shedding lbs.) For all that is holy, please cut out the "diet" soda - you're doing yourself no justice here. If you must really have it, make it a reward at the end of the week. Eat real, whole foods - less processed foods. Watch out for hidden sweeteners. Lastly, drink lots and lots of water.

An active healthy person should be eating breakfast and snacking (on healthy foods like nuts, berries, et cetara) at least a few times a day.

You can do it!

Old 08-30-2011, 11:12 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,138,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
You can do it, don't let the naysayers discourage you.

Thats very true - its amazing the people who will actually attack you for being overweight - often don't want you to lose weight for fear of you looking better than them.

We live in a society of naysayers who love nothing more than to discourage, and disillusion others.

Another idea - Eating Boiled Eggs - relatively low in cals, high in protein - guess might work instead of lunch.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:31 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,424,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrycandy View Post

An active healthy person should be eating breakfast

All my life I've been hearing that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and all my life I've been unable to eat much in the morning. More than a few bites and my system just rebels. I eat a small amount of something healthy then, and a small mid-morning snack later. That's just the best some of us can do. And I'm slightly overweight now, but back when I was skinny I didn't eat in the morning at all, ever.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:44 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
I do agree with people disliking you after you lose weight. Have had that happen with several people, but at least now I get to see them for who they really are..

Old 08-30-2011, 12:03 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I do agree with people disliking you after you lose weight. Have had that happen with several people, but at least now I get to see them for who they really are..
Well the good news is, most likely you'll get all your friends back because 95% of people put all their weight back on.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:27 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,138,954 times
Quote:
Well the good news is, most likely you'll get all your friends back because 95% of people put all their weight back on.
Just working out that in order to get down to my target weight of which is around 40 Pounds weight loss. Assuming 2 Pounds per week weight loss - that until end of January 2012 -

See the reason why I am going for one meal a day with fruit/veg snack - as its a long time watching what you eat.

and its possible to do it on vacation/holiday - although alcohol would need to be avoided, or maybe just shots.

Old 08-30-2011, 03:19 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
Quote:
Read a few more of my posts in here. I'm not really too worried about that happening....

Old 08-31-2011, 03:26 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
Intermittent Fasting's benefits are largely limited to psychology and scheduling flexibility. Beyond that it has no substantial benefit over conventional meal timing.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:08 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,780,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Intermittent Fasting's benefits are largely limited to psychology and scheduling flexibility. Beyond that it has no substantial benefit over conventional meal timing.
Also, an advertisement from someone who is selling the product, is not a reliable source of factual information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss