Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2012, 01:03 PM

525 posts, read 761,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Rick has yet to show us where any of the scientists he quotes tell us that an individual who eats less and moves more will not lose weight. He ignores the many people who do lose weight and keep it off.

I gained a few pounds over the holidays. I've cut back on the intake, and you know what? I lost weight.

What Rick's studies have shown us is the reasons that some people have difficulty losing weight and keeping it off. That is important for the people who treat obesity to know.

But Rick will have a very hard time convincing us in the U. S. that there are not significantly more obese people in this country than there were twenty years ago.

See the chart on page 40:

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hus/hus07.pdf

POOR REBUTTAL. THE CDC GOT IT ALL WRONG that 400,000 people die of obesity related complications each year .

each tear. The NUMBER IS ACTUALLY ONLY 26,000. THE CDC MADE HUGE COMPUTER ERRORS. LINDA BACON POINTS THIS OUT.

DR. JEFFREY FRIEDMAN IS A VALID SOURCE. OBESITY IS A PROBLEM, BUT MODERATELY. DR. FRIEDMAN DOES NOT DENY IT IS SOMEWHAT OF A PROBLEM.

HOWEVER, IT IS NOWHERE NEAR AS EXTREME AS THE MEDIA SAYS. DR. FRIEDMAN HAS SCIENTIIC DATA. WATCH HIS LECTURES.

MY MICE EXPERIMENTS (OF THE HIGHEST QUALITY ) ARE IN DIRECT CONTRADICTION TO THE CALORIC HYPOTHESIS.

IT'S WRONG AND YOU CANNOT ACCEPT THIS .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
rick has yet to show us where any of the scientists he quotes tell us that an individual who eats less and moves more will not lose weight. He ignores the many people who do lose weight and keep it off.

I gained a few pounds over the holidays. I've cut back on the intake, and you know what? I lost weight.

What rick's studies have shown us is the reasons that some people have more difficulty losing weight and keeping it off. That is important for the people who treat obesity to know.

But rick will have a very hard time convincing us in the u. S. That there are not significantly more obese people in this country than there were twenty years ago.

encouraging people who are overweight to lose the excess poundage is not discrimination. Telling them that losing weight is impossible and to not bother to even try is not helpful. There are folks whose lives depend on losing weight.

Exercise does promote weight loss. Most people are not able (or willing) to devote the time necessary to lose weight just with exercise. The best weight control program will combine both. Men and people who are heavier will see a greater reduction with exercise than women and people who are not as overweight. It has to do with the percentage of muscle in the body and the physics of the amount of energy needed to move a specific mass a specific speed and distance. If exercise had no effect on weight, michael phelps would be fat. Rick wants to suspend the laws of physics. Good luck with that!
there are no "laws". Nature does not obey laws. It our ( possibly ncorrect) interpretation. You do not even know what a law means. THINGS CHANGE AS WE ELARN MORE,.

I already linked to dr sean carrol. DARK ENERGY EXPANDING UNIVERSE etc.

Phelps is lean because all pros are lean due to superior genetics. The pros are all weeded out.the top kenyans in marathoning looked like that from the start. Lance armstrong was lean from the start.

. There are plenty of fat amateur sprinters, marathjoners and swimmers. The scientici studies support what i say: Exercise does not do much at all for weight loss. Very little YOU need to get out more.

MOST exericsers I have seen ( as I travel extensively) ARE OVERWEIGHT. Their HEALTH is probably better but theri WEIGHT IS NOT being affected.

I have seen a large amount of VERY ACTIVE 400 POUNDER TYPES cycling and walking far.

there are many very actuive obese people. Exercise is not the solution for obesity.

Last point: Weight is involuntarily regulated up to 09 %

Old 12-18-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Rick has yet to show us where any of the scientists he quotes tell us that an individual who eats less and moves more will not lose weight. He ignores the many people who do lose weight and keep it off.

What Rick's studies have shown us is the reasons that some people have more difficulty losing weight and keeping it off. That is important for the people who treat obesity to know.

But Rick will have a very hard time convincing us in the U. S. that there are not significantly more obese people in this country than there were twenty years ago.

Encouraging people who are overweight to lose the excess poundage is not discrimination. Telling them that losing weight is impossible and to not bother to even try is not helpful. There are folks whose lives depend on losing weight.

Exercise does promote weight loss. Most people are not able (or willing) to devote the time necessary to lose weight just with exercise. The best weight control program will combine both. Men and people who are heavier will see a greater reduction with exercise than women and people who are not as overweight. It has to do with the percentage of muscle in the body and the physics of the amount of energy needed to move a specific mass a specific speed and distance. If exercise had no effect on weight, Michael Phelps would be fat. Rick wants to suspend the laws of physics. Good luck with that!

A woman who exercises far more than Phelps who swam to CUBA from Florida IS FAT OR AT LEAST CHUNKY

Exercise will not make you lean. it's a FALSE idea.

DIYANA NIAD IS FAT:

http://news.bbcming.co.uk/media/images/54475000/jpg/_54475979_012617259-1.jpg

WHO OUT EXERCISES HER? SHE IS FAT. NOBODY OUTWORKS THIS WOMAN AND SHE IS FAT.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:

What Rick's studies have shown us is the reasons that some people have more difficulty losing weight and keeping it off. That is important for the people who treat obesity to know.

Encouraging people who are overweight to lose the excess poundage is not discrimination. Telling them that losing weight is impossible and to not bother to even try is not helpful. There are folks whose lives depend on losing weight.

Exercise does promote weight loss. Most people are not able (or willing) to devote the time necessary to lose weight just with exercise. The best weight control program will combine both. Men and people who are heavier will see a greater reduction with exercise than women and people who are not as overweight. It has to do with the percentage of muscle in the body and the physics of the amount of energy needed to move a specific mass a specific speed and distance. If exercise had no effect on weight, Michael Phelps would be fat. Rick wants to suspend the laws of physics. Good luck with that!
I already POINTED OUT the playing field is NOT LEVEL for YOU and the obese.

SECONDLY THAT IS MY POINT. THE OBESE CANNOT LOSE THE WEIGHT easily, if at all.They ARE trying. PEOPLE LIKE YOU HAVE NO CLUE. They do NOT need laughably MISINFORMED people like YOU getti ng on them.

THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO EFFECTIVE SOLUTIONS FOR OBESITY.

WANT AN INDIVIDUAL? DIANA NIYAD. SHE IS FAT. SHE SWIMS FROM FLORIDA TO CUBA AND TRAINS ALL THE TIME. SHE IS FAT- CONSIDERABLY FAT. NOBODY OUT EXERCISES HER.

STOP MISUSING thermodynamics to SOUND scientific. ACTUAL PHYSICISTS DO NOT MENTION THERMODYNAMICS IN AN OBESITY DISCUSSION. LEARN WHAT A law is.

There is MUCH TO BE LEARNED about energy and matter.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:33 PM

LOOK UP LINDA BACON, YOU LAUGHABLY UNINFORMED WOMAN, SuziQ.

SEE THE RESEARCH SHE LINKS TO ABOUT EXERCISE. IT DID NEXT TO NOTHING- one pound. the STUDIES support Bacon. EXERCISE FOR WEIGHT LOS IS A MYTH NOT SUPOPRTED BY EVIDENCE.

Exercise SHOULD be done, BUT DO NOT EXPECT IT TO DO MUCH FOR WEIGHT LOSS. IT IS NOT FOR THAT.

THERE ARE ENORMOUS AMOUNTS OF EXTREMELY ACTIVE FAT POEPLE.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:38 PM

People are NOT thin "because they move a lot." Thin poepel are not "paragons of virtue".

THEY ARE THIN DUE TO GENES. SOME PEOPLE ARE FATTER. SOME PEOPLE ARE THINNER

BOTH CAN EXERCISE- BUT IT WON;T AFFECT THEIR BODY TYPE MUCH.

YOU ASSUME THINGS.

THERE ARE ENRMOUS AMOUNTS OF LAZY THIN PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT ACTIVE AT ALL OR NOT PARTICULARLY ACTIVE. I was one of them. Now I exercise, and am NOT as skinny AS I WAS THEN!.

THERE ARE ENORMOUS AMOUNTS OF ACTIVE OVERWEIGHT AND /OR OBESE POEPLE. EVERY SINGLE maid I ever had at hotels was EITHER obese or overweight and WORKED EXTREMELY HARD ALLLLL day.

I SEE ALL THE TIME. THE HARDEST WORKING WALKER IN MY NEIGHBOR IS AN SIGNIFICANTLY OVERWEIGHT BLOND WOMAN. SHE WALKS IN SNOW, RAIN, EXTREME COLD AND HEAT.

The LAZIST person on my block is a prissy rich housewife type who won't lift a finger and sleeps until noon. SHE HAS A VERY THIN BODY.

EXERCISE HAS NOTHING-NOTHING TO DO WITH OBESITY

Old 12-18-2012, 01:43 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickSantos View Post
POOR REBUTTAL. THE CDC GOT IT ALL WRONG that 400,000 people die of obesity related complications each year .

each tear. The NUMBER IS ACTUALLY ONLY 26,000. THE CDC MADE HUGE COMPUTER ERRORS. LINDA BACON POINTS THIS OUT.

DR. JEFFREY FRIEDMAN IS A VALID SOURCE. OBESITY IS A PROBLEM, BUT MODERATELY. DR. FRIEDMAN DOES NOT DENY IT IS SOMEWHAT OF A PROBLEM.

HOWEVER, IT IS NOWHERE NEAR AS EXTREME AS THE MEDIA SAYS. DR. FRIEDMAN HAS SCIENTIIC DATA. WATCH HIS LECTURES.

MY MICE EXPERIMENTS (OF THE HIGHEST QUALITY ) ARE IN DIRECT CONTRADICTION TO THE CALORIC HYPOTHESIS.

IT'S WRONG AND YOU CANNOT ACCEPT THIS .
It does not help your thesis when all you can say is that the experts do not understand the health effects of obesity.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
It does not help your thesis when all you can say is that the experts do not understand the health effects of obesity.

THE EFFECTS ARE EXAGGERATED- GREATLY- BY THE MEDIA.

DR. FRIEDMAN ACKNOWLEDGES SOME RISK.

DR. LINDA BACON POINTS THIS OUT. LOSE YOUR BIAS.

Obese blogger REGAN CHASTAIN IS VERY HEALTHY.

MANUEL URIBE HAS HEALTHFUL NUMBERS FOR BLOOD PRESSURE, CHOLESTEROL, BLOOD SUGAR.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:57 PM

Quote:
there are no "laws". Nature does not obey laws. It our ( possibly ncorrect) interpretation. You do not even know what a law means. THINGS CHANGE AS WE ELARN MORE,.

I already linked to dr sean carrol. DARK ENERGY EXPANDING UNIVERSE etc.
Don't call them "laws" if you wish, but ignore them at your peril. Would you be willing to stand in front of a toddler on a tricycle going a small fraction of a mile per hour? How about a tractor trailer going 75 MPH?

Quote:
Phelps is lean because all pros are lean due to superior genetics. The pros are all weeded out.the top kenyans in marathoning looked like that from the start. Lance armstrong was lean from the start.
So Phelps would weigh the same no matter how much he exercised and how much he ate? Afraid not.

Michael Phelps’ Revealing Interview: Talks Time Off, Getting Back into Shape, and his Olympic Diet : PCM Lifestyle

"On taking off after Beijing in 2008:
'At that point, I just didn’t have anything. It was weird going from the highest of the high, the biggest point of your life—winning eight gold medals—and then saying, "All right, where do I go from here?" I wasn’t motivated. I did nothing, literally nothing, for a long time. I gained 25 pounds. A friend of mine and I were playing football on the beach in Miami, and somebody got a picture of us and put it all over the place. And he’s like, "Bro, you gotta start working out, man. You are fat." '"

Quote:
There are plenty of fat amateur sprinters, marathjoners and swimmers. The scientici studies support what i say: Exercise does not do much at all for weight loss. Very little YOU need to get out more.

MOST exericsers I have seen ( as I travel extensively) ARE OVERWEIGHT. Their HEALTH is probably better but theri WEIGHT IS NOT being affected.

I have seen a large amount of VERY ACTIVE 400 POUNDER TYPES cycling and walking far.

There are many very actuive obese people. Exercise is not the solution for obesity.
It is possible to be fit and fat, but most overweight people are not fit.

Where are the 400 pound marathon runners?

https://www.google.com/search?q=pict...w=1600&bih=785

The 400 pounders I see are in the motorized scooters at Walmart.

If you see one exercising, did you ever stop to think that at some previous time that person weighed more than he did when you encountered him?

Old 12-18-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:
A woman who exercises far more than Phelps who swam to CUBA from Florida IS FAT OR AT LEAST CHUNKY

Exercise will not make you lean. it's a FALSE idea.

DIYANA NIAD IS FAT:

http://news.bbcming.co.uk/media/images/54475000/jpg/_54475979_012617259-1.jpg

WHO OUT EXERCISES HER? SHE IS FAT. NOBODY OUTWORKS THIS WOMAN AND SHE IS FAT.
Diana Nyad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"For the marathon swim to be feasible, two main weather conditions needed to come together at the same time: a combination of low-to-light winds (to minimize sea chop), and water temperatures in the high 80s. These relatively "high" water temperatures produce a twin challenge: in the first half of her swim the warm water will dehydrate her body, while in the second half her body temperature will drop and she will face potential hypothermia. Nyad has bulked up her physique to about 150 pounds (15 pounds more than she weighed in 2010) to help counter the loss of body mass during her grueling swim."

You might want to do some research on open water swimming.

By the way, Nyad is 5 ft 10 in tall. A weight of 150 pounds gives her a BMI of 21.5. That is actually just about ideal, not overweight, and nowhere near obese.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss