Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2011, 01:27 PM

8,868 posts, read 12,560,879 times

Advertisements

I went from obese to normal weight in approximately 9 months (45 pounds) in approximately 9 months following weight watchers. This was in May. I continued to do maintenance tracking for several months after that. Last couple of months, Ive stopped tracking. Still maintaining at my goal weight. Not sure if this is just the weight my body really wanted to be (its what I was back in my 20s) or if its the good habits formed on WW. Or that my DW, who is still on WW in weight loss mode, keeps so many veggies and fruits in the house.

I continue to enjoy whole grains, while trying to keep my sugar and white starch intake low, and I continue try to get most of my fats in the from of poly and mono unsaturates. I'm now over 6 months at goal weight, and am happy and thankful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 02:45 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,780,434 times
Congrats! I'm down to around 155 and holding for the past couple of months, but I've also tightened up my stomach (I have CONTOURS!) and added a pair of triceps I don't believe I ever had before. So a significant drop in body fat, but a gain in muscle, and overall weight loss, so far.

I'm hoping to drop another 20 pounds, because I felt my healthiest when I was between 130 and 140 (even though technically that's considered overweight).

Old 12-19-2011, 03:51 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,817,400 times
Congrats to both of you! Great accomplishments.
Brooklynborndad don't count on this weight being the weight your body is comfortable at, give yourself the credit for maintaining. If you go back to old habits your body will follow suit. WW is such a great way to go since it gives you the tools for maintaining your weight in the real world. Just keep exercising and you will find that you will be able to maintain your weight with no problem.

Old 12-27-2011, 06:29 AM

20,935 posts, read 28,414,875 times
Congrats! I am on Weight Watchers too since last february and have lost 41.4 lbs. my goal is another 30-35. I love the new points plus program because it allows me to enjoy my favorite foods.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:00 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,251,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynborndad View Post
I went from obese to normal weight in approximately 9 months (45 pounds) in approximately 9 months following weight watchers. This was in May. I continued to do maintenance tracking for several months after that. Last couple of months, Ive stopped tracking. Still maintaining at my goal weight. Not sure if this is just the weight my body really wanted to be (its what I was back in my 20s) or if its the good habits formed on WW. Or that my DW, who is still on WW in weight loss mode, keeps so many veggies and fruits in the house.

I continue to enjoy whole grains, while trying to keep my sugar and white starch intake low, and I continue try to get most of my fats in the from of poly and mono unsaturates. I'm now over 6 months at goal weight, and am happy and thankful.
Surprised Charles isn't "weighing in" on this. I'm sure he'd have some encouraging words for you.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:18 AM

20,935 posts, read 28,414,875 times
Weight Watchers is the best!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss