Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 12:26 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOhioBound View Post
Let me know when this getting back "to normal" happens as my hypothyroidism went undiagnosed for 3yrs and after 2 years of being on meds which keep getting dosage changed, brand changed, etc., I am still "not normal"
How are you "not normal"?

Are the thyroid hormone levels "not normal" or do you have symptoms that you feel are due to abnormal thyroid function?

If your hormone levels are normal, have you considered the possibility that your symptoms are not due to a thyroid abnormality at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2012, 02:06 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,425,882 times
I am hypothyroid and anemic. My TSH will be normal but then my other thyroid levels go out of whack so they adjust meds, then TSH ends up not being within range, so they adjust again and again and again. And now I am having heart rate issues and have had to have 2 EST, a sonogram, chest xrays, etc. And they believe this could because of my thyroid medication. Yes, I still have thyroid symptoms. I have been to many endocrinologist and many doctors- such is life when you are in the military and move often or have more flexibility on getting second, and third opinions.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:50 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,820,647 times
For all that have thyroid issues are you seeing an endocrinologist or just a GP? I highly suggest an endocrinologist because they are experts in the field of thyroid issues and know a heck of a lot more than GP's.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:55 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post

I see that Wally World is now selling that crap for $20 a bottle. And ppl are buying it...
oops.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
You have to be very careful with weight loss pills that can be bought without a prescription. My sister lost about 70 pounds using an appetite suppressant which can be bought online though. It's called Phen375. There are a lot of Phen375 review sites, such as the one I've included in that hyperlink.

The cool thing about this appetite suppressants is that it's all natural. If I had to lose weight, I wouldn't want to put in foreign substances into my body.

But whatever weight you are, there's really no reason why you can't get on a healthy meal plan and exercise here and there.

How To Lose Weight - Weight Loss Basics

Read through that too. My sister and I also did P90X together at one point but man was that hard.
The "sympathomimetic amine" in Phen375 is either ephedra or ephedrine, neither of which is approved for use for weight loss in this country because of case reports of heart attacks, strokes, seizures, and deaths in users.

The additional weight loss with products like this is on the order of a few ounces per week more than placebo.

Like any other weight loss scheme that does not include major permanent changes in diet and physical activity, weight gain after stopping use of the product is highly likely.

The language on the "review" site is a bit off. I do not think English is the author's first language.

Do you really want to use something that may be made in China?

Old 01-26-2012, 12:03 PM

Default The FDA is going after OTC HCG

FDA, FTC act to remove ?homeopathic? HCG weight loss products from the market

December 6, 2011

"The U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) today issued seven Warning Letters to companies marketing over-the counter (OTC) HCG products that are labeled as “homeopathic” for weight loss.

Human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) is a hormone produced by the human placenta and found in the urine of pregnant women. HCG is FDA-approved as an injectable prescription drug for the treatment of some cases of female infertility and other medical conditions.

The letters warn the companies that they are violating federal law by selling drugs that have not been approved, and by making unsupported claims for the substances. There are no FDA-approved HCG drug products for weight loss.

The joint action is the first step in keeping the unproven and potentially unsafe products from being marketed online and in retail outlets as oral drops, pellets, and sprays."

Old 01-27-2012, 10:07 AM

71 posts, read 125,320 times
My diet is monolithic. That way I can stay on track of how many calories I am consuming daily.

For Breakfast which I never skip I have Grits with salt and pepper low fat cheese, no butter. Or oats with reduced fat milk with fresh strawberries and bananas. Raisin Bran Cereal. Or an omelet with tomatoes, peppers, spinach, with low fat cheese or no cheese at all.

For Lunch, Turkey or Tuna Sandwich on Whole Wheat Bread with low fat mayo tomato slice lettuce with either beans or corn or baked potato chips on the side. Other days I will have an iceburg or romaine salad with vinaigrette dressing with grilled or honey roasted chicken breast pieces

Dinner is grilled or roasted chicken breast, salmon or whitening filets, with side of my salad, brown rice, or spaghetti made with ground turkey, my own tomato sauce, whole grain noodles, and Parmesan cheese

For snacks I eat seedless grapes, honey roasted peanuts, raisins, strawberries. baby carrots with low fat dressing, baked potato chips. I only drink water, orange, apple, & V8 juices.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:56 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber1964 View Post
My diet is monolithic. That way I can stay on track of how many calories I am consuming daily.

For Breakfast which I never skip I have Grits with salt and pepper low fat cheese, no butter. Or oats with reduced fat milk with fresh strawberries and bananas. Raisin Bran Cereal. Or an omelet with tomatoes, peppers, spinach, with low fat cheese or no cheese at all.

For Lunch, Turkey or Tuna Sandwich on Whole Wheat Bread with low fat mayo tomato slice lettuce with either beans or corn or baked potato chips on the side. Other days I will have an iceburg or romaine salad with vinaigrette dressing with grilled or honey roasted chicken breast pieces

Dinner is grilled or roasted chicken breast, salmon or whitening filets, with side of my salad, brown rice, or spaghetti made with ground turkey, my own tomato sauce, whole grain noodles, and Parmesan cheese

For snacks I eat seedless grapes, honey roasted peanuts, raisins, strawberries. baby carrots with low fat dressing, baked potato chips. I only drink water, orange, apple, & V8 juices.
This isnt really a bad diet. Just remember to watch the amount you eat though. Some very minor tweaks I would make are:

1. Skip the salt and cheese on your morning grits.
2. Oats are GREAT, just make sure you are not eating the packet oats and limit the amount of strawberries you add.
3. Omelet is good, but skip the cheese.
4. Lunch sandwiches are are good but skip the corn and chips.
5. Salad, try to ONLY eat spinich salad. There is zero to very little nutritional value in lettuce.
6. Snacks, go VERY easy on the grapes. Im talking no more than 5-6. Eat raw almonds instead of honey roasted peanuts or plain air popped (not microwave) popcorn.
7. Drink ONLY water and orange/grapefruit juice that is NOT from concentrate. Stay away from all other juices and V8. Even "low sodium" V8 has more sodium than you should take in.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:00 PM

71 posts, read 125,320 times
Guys I went ahead and order the drops I will post my results in a few weeks

Old 01-29-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber1964 View Post
Guys I went ahead and order the drops I will post my results in a few weeks
Did you not read this?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/22719802-post57.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss