Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 06:20 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,057,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Once a week either in the morning or evening, just make sure it is at the same time every week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotogGal View Post
I like to weight myself in the nude when I first get up and have gone to the bathroom. Unfortunately, I get weighed again on Thursday nights at my TOPS meeting -- fully dressed and after eating and drinking liquids all day. I think the former is more telling -- and certainly more motivating!
Good methods. I am the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
What's fun is get naked right when I wake up, weighing myself, using the bathroom, and then reweighing myself. It's hilarious how much waste you store.
I actually measured an 8lb difference from morning to evening on one occasion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 09:45 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,481,264 times
I used to weigh myself every morning when I got up and then again before I went to bed...kinda depressing. Now I just do once a week, as I think it gives a better insight to what I really weigh. At the end of the week I can see how I did. My goal is to lose 1 to 2 pounds a week. My weight fluctuates to much doing it every day.

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:09 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,813,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
I used to weigh myself every morning when I got up and then again before I went to bed...kinda depressing. Now I just do once a week, as I think it gives a better insight to what I really weigh. At the end of the week I can see how I did. My goal is to lose 1 to 2 pounds a week. My weight fluctuates to much doing it every day.
I think that is the best way too. Weight fluctuates from day to day. Most of it is due to water, so you can weigh more one day than the day before. You can make yourself crazy. Once a week is when you really see where you are and what you lost. Plus as you said, its amount of time to shoot for goals.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:15 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,410,464 times
Always in the morning, nude after using the toilet.

Old 01-25-2012, 12:27 PM

4,241 posts, read 7,172,354 times
I weigh in the morning, after my shower. I try to do it daily, sometimes Im in a rush and forget, but try to keep up with this as a habit...

Old 01-27-2012, 10:20 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,018,750 times
I was told never to weight yourself after a meal. Is this correct ? I used to not mind getting on the scale cause i was losing weight but now its just damn depressing.

Old 01-28-2012, 11:53 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,859,449 times
Weigh in at the same time when comparing measurements. I generally do right after waking in my PJs.

Old 01-28-2012, 11:57 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
same as boxing in the morning.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:38 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,262,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
Always in the morning, nude after using the toilet.
heck yeah, why get on that evil machine after you have eaten three meals and fully dressed...unless your plan is to check again in the morning after a very complete bathroom visit, and completely in the nude. Heck, that would start your day right for sure. Might be 7 pounds lighter the next day.

I weigh in in the morning after the restroom usage. Then again a week later. Then, since alot first is water weight, my next weigh in is two weeks later. Ever two weeks, and bat time, same bat channel. I average 5 pounds every two weeks...but there may be some weeks were I have lost nothing..but I don't want to know, its very discouraging. Ever Two Weeks always shows something, if not much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss