Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 10:01 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,821,888 times

Advertisements

Ok..I'd rather not let you hijack this thread with your foolishness Kim.
Your somebody else's negative influence, not mine.
Say what you like---just remember "There before the grace of God goes me".

Anywho....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 11:00 AM

41,991 posts, read 75,287,946 times
It's a great idea, but the variance in calories burned from person to person varies so much that

Additionally, I could see where a person already struggling with food intake and physical activity thinking: "OK, if I eat this, I'll go run on the track for an hour," and then when it comes time to do the running, just says "Screw it."

Another scenario I could envision would be for someone already exercising regularly, just not at that level, feeling inadequate because they're not exercising enough -- and then just says "Screw it; what I'm doing isn't doing any good anyway, so why bother?"

Which of course we all know isn't true, but that's how some people think.

Yes, a food item -- especially one that isn't lean protein or vegetables -- that requires an entire hour of running to be burned off shouldn't be eaten at all by anyone who has weight issues. But people don't always think before they eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
You really think some fattie is going to rethink eating that pack of oreos because they see that info on them?
No call to be obnoxious. You know what they say: If you don't have something helpful to say ...

Old 02-02-2012, 05:28 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,052,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
Ok..I'd rather not let you hijack this thread with your foolishness Kim.
Your somebody else's negative influence, not mine.
Say what you like---just remember "There before the grace of God goes me".

Anywho....

No problem. Don't read my posts.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:40 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,564,047 times
[quote=Kim in FL;22798173]Your entitled to your opinion. Thank you for expressing it.

And the fattie I was referring to isn't overweight, he's 450 lbs.

So now the truth is offensive? You don't think he knows he's livin large? Really? Truth hurts, but it's not offensive.[/quote]

Mainly, I find your childish comments offensive. Are you 12?

Old 02-02-2012, 12:14 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,747,123 times
Oh, "fattie" is considered offensive now?? What does one call an inflated person nowadays? Circumferentially challenged

Old 02-02-2012, 02:53 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,564,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Oh, "fattie" is considered offensive now?? What does one call an inflated person nowadays? Circumferentially challenged
Please don't tell me this is news to you. Of course, 'fattie' is an offensive term.

Such negative energy on this thread.

Old 02-02-2012, 03:11 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,747,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Please don't tell me this is news to you. Of course, 'fattie' is an offensive term.

Such negative energy on this thread.
It's an anonymous message board. And it's an "adjective". Why are people taking everything personally?

50 years ago it was acceptable to say any word even in literature. Old English literature is littered with fat bashing and gluttony. Suddenly it's taboo, like handicapped, retarded and a million other words. It's the new F word huh, wonderful.

Old 02-05-2012, 03:31 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,510,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
You really think some fattie is going to rethink eating that pack of oreos because they see that info on them?

Damn..the package already tells you how many calories are in the one serving. How many calories come from fat. How many grams of fat. What the hell else do you want???? Packages that excerise for you??

I've got a fattie in my office who thinks he's eating healthy by eating these veggie straws....they are 50% fat. Yup...healthy.

offending ppl aside ( and it's a great point) ppl are going to eat what they want no matter what.
Why do you call people fattie? Are you really that ugly yourself that calling people fattie makes you feel better?

Old 02-05-2012, 03:35 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,510,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
It's an anonymous message board. And it's an "adjective". Why are people taking everything personally?

50 years ago it was acceptable to say any word even in literature. Old English literature is littered with fat bashing and gluttony. Suddenly it's taboo, like handicapped, retarded and a million other words. It's the new F word huh, wonderful.

Its not taboo, just tasteless and immature. But some people are raised that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss