Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 09:37 PM

151 posts, read 270,296 times

Advertisements

"Fat people complaining that its not their fault they are fat and that fat people can also be healthy = first world problems"

"Yes tell yourselves that being fat is not your fault and is not always unhealthy, why don't you tell obese kids the same "logic" aswell? its not like it will cause more problems for that child" *sarcasm

This "fat acceptance" movement is doing more harm then good for the acceptance of fat people because it makes fat people look like a bunch of wingers who cant accept personal responsibly and deny proven science. This "movement" is now spreading to Australia and they are trying to promote a "health at every size" logic where they want to convince people that being fat does not mean that you are unhealthy, they want doctors to adopt this logic and stop telling overweight people that they should lose the weight.

Obesity related illness has taken over smoking as one of the biggest killers in Australia and there is an alarming rising rate in child hood obesity so this is a grave concern. "fat acceptance" conferences from organisations like NAAFA are doing more harm then good and are a danger for our children - we should be promoting health, not accepting an unhealthy lifestyle for what it is.

YOU may be asking, Xzane why do you care about this issue so much?

On a personal level I had a good mate who was overweight and I always tried to motivate him to come to the gym with me and I always promoted healthy eating but my friend spent his time on "fat acceptance" blog's and he believed that his fatness was genetic and not his fault - so he was never motivated to even bother trying.

I say I "had" a good mate because his obesity got the better of him and he passed away at the age of 19. I believe if it was not for his fat lazy parents who fed him all sorts of unhealthy foods and blogers telling him that he is "fine as he is","being fat is not always unhealthy" my friend may be still alive today.

I know that obesity issue's may not be politicly correct to talk about but just like my mate people are dying !! we cant ignore this issue anymore

So I have a few questions open up for public debate;

1. Do you think NAAFA ideals as good ideals to teach to our children?

2. Do you think these "fat acceptance" conferences are an embarrassment for first world country's when there are larger problems in other countrys where there is a lack of obese people or healthy weight people because there is a lack of food?

3. Do you think NAAFA promotes or dis-promotes personal responsibly?

4. Do you think NAAFA should change their moto to "Dont blame yourself, blame something else"

5. Do you think that these conferences what don't promote personal responsibly and try to promote the acceptance of a poor lifestyle choice are going to help the public's opinion of the obese or is it going to make it worse?

Last edited by xzane; 07-14-2012 at 09:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 09:53 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
First you go after people that smoke.
Now you're going after people that eat.

Just stop it already. You're not the boss of them are you ?

Old 07-14-2012, 09:54 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:Originally Posted by xzane
"I for one being a fit male will never date someone who shows such disrespect for their own body, it sickens me."

"IF you want to live your life avoiding sex because your worried about STD's then good for you, but I enjoy sex with strangers, it turns me on (BTW i use protection)"

"Consistent and correct use of male latex condoms can reduce (though not eliminate) the risk of STD transmission. To achieve the maximum protective effect, condoms must be used both consistently and correctly. Inconsistent use can lead to STD acquisition because transmission can occur with a single act of intercourse with an infected partner. Similarly, if condoms are not used correctly, the protective effect may be diminished even when they are used consistently. The most reliable ways to avoid transmission of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), including human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), are to abstain from sexual activity or to be in a long-term mutually monogamous relationship with an uninfected partner. However, many infected persons may be unaware of their infections because STDs are often asymptomatic or unrecognized."
CDC - Condom Effectiveness - Male Latex Condoms and Sexually Transmitted Diseases

"Anyway lets not let this thread get hijacked by jealous nerds who cant get any so they justify not getting any by preaching the dangers of STD's. Keep up with the one night stand stories they are gold."

So you are aware of the dangers of STD's but then think that you can lecture fat people about *their* disrespect for *their* bodies? Please. Nothing but absolute hypocrisy from someone who obviously suffers from very low self-confidence.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:07 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times
I could care less,160 pounds since high school get paid to work out,const worker.Smoke and drink a lot still have no grey hair in my 60's tax me baby tax me. buy my bacco broadleaf tax free mommy so go tax the next victim. you nanny state Mommy's are a joke.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:18 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
I suspect Rush Limbaugh is funding this movement.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:24 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzane View Post
So I have a few questions open up for public debate;

1. Do you think NAAFA ideals as good ideals to teach to our children?
Yes, I think that the constant obsession with skinny people trying to make everyone else into their own image is sickening and NAAFA is trying to combat that...

Quote:
2. Do you think these "fat acceptance" conferences are an embarrassment for first world country's when there are larger problems in other countrys where there is a lack of obese people or healthy weight people because there is a lack of food?
The embarrassment comes in with people like you trying to degrade and make fun of other people...

If there is a lack of food in the world blame the "healthy green crowd" for disseminating FUD about GMO crops...

Quote:
3. Do you think NAAFA promotes or dis-promotes personal responsibly?
It tries to combat the sick mental attitudes of people who try and dictate what is "healthy" and what a persons personal responsibility should be....

Quote:
4. Do you think NAAFA should change their moto to "Dont blame yourself, blame something else"
Nope, makes as much sense as the Royal Adelaide Golf Club changing their motto to "Kiwi's are the best golfers"

Quote:
5. Do you think that these conferences what don't promote personal responsibly and try to promote the acceptance of a poor lifestyle choice are going to help the public's opinion of the obese or is it going to make it worse?
Why do elitists always think their lifestyle is the best lifestyle? They should keep their noses in their own backyard and learn a simple motto:

Live and let live

The only poor lifestyle is the one of skinny people trying to get the rest of the world to look like them....

Old 07-14-2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I suspect Rush Limbaugh is funding this movement.
My parents and teachers always told me if you don't have anything intelligent to say don't say anything. just came to mind

Old 07-14-2012, 10:39 PM

552 posts, read 738,879 times
I think the extremes are rare. People should take responsibility for their own health, but there are people out there that just don't have the genetics to be skinny. I will say I have never seen a real old fat person, so as the conservatives say, let the free market decide.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Your obviously rebelled
No I obviously got a good education. My Dad was a first generation Italian carpenter and my Mom was a first generation Irish homemaker.They had pride and dreams and proved that hard work and determination could overcome all obstacles and their children thrived without any Gov assistance including free school.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:48 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,846,198 times
You need some professional help. All you do is makes post about fat people. It's become an obsession. And it's disturbing....

I mean we get it. You don't like fat people.

Next????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss