Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 07:57 AM

Location: Back in Melbourne.....home of road rage and aggression
402 posts, read 1,159,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
Studies already exist saying genetically modified corn is harmful. I'm talking about Monsanto and their Round-up ready corn specifically or splicing of fish genes into plants or turning plants into pesticides. This kind of untested crap is why the organic movement has been picking up so much steam lately. There are countries who have outright banned genetically modified crops. Here is a recent one showing that France banned Monsanto's genetically modified corn. That should make you feel very uneasy that other first world nations are banning the majority of America's corn supply and have sincere doubts as to weather the USDA or FDA are doing their jobs.

France Bans Growing of Genetically Modified Monsanto Corn - Bloomberg

Feel free to eat however you want just know that there is a lot of high quality information out there pointing to the dangers of dairy consumption, among other harmful foods.
Totally agree with you re: Monsanto and their Frankenstein produce.

Also, I have long thought the USDA and FDA were 2 bands of crooks, each in bed with the other, each holding a knife off the side. They don't care about you, they care about me either. All they care about is their GD bottom-line and bank balance. If they kill hundreds of thousands in their quest for King of the Food Chain, they will lose no sleep over it; an acceptable loss in the battle for ultimate power. The government is just as bad, or maybe since they sanction these acts.

How else does one explain the omnipresent HFCS and fluoride, among other things? HFCS might as well be antifreeze for all the good it attributes, and fluoride is nothing but a poison that is more toxic than lead and only just less toxic than arsenic. And yet.....

Sorry went off topic there.

Where were we? Oh yes, cheese and dairy. I think choose carefully and you should be Alright.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 09:46 AM

4,241 posts, read 7,172,886 times
Quote:
Cheese is like crack to me! I can't keep it in the house
Hah!...that sounds familiar! Im the same way. Love cheese....

Old 12-29-2014, 06:50 PM

3 posts, read 1,761 times
is milk and dairy like cheese and cottage cheese considered part of your protien allowed on low carb

Old 12-29-2014, 07:02 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket1970 View Post
Are milk and dairy like cheese and cottage cheese
considered part of your protein allowed on low carb
Milk isn't low carb, the carbs are pretty surprising...but heavy cream has 0-1 carb...if
you dilute it with water for coffee or straight drinking...that works much better.
Cottage cheese is high also...surely not good for your first 2 week induction phase.
But, yes they can be part of your protein... if the dairy is zero carbs it is your fat requirements, too.

They have now found Dr.Atkins was on the right path...but having more fat is better
for a few reasons.
Then your cheese would be even better!
You can google Ketogenic diet for more research.

Old 12-29-2014, 07:08 PM

3 posts, read 1,761 times
Default lost

I read to only eat 10 oz of protien for me.So does that include all meat and dairy and nuts?

Old 12-29-2014, 07:49 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket1970 View Post
I read to only eat 10 oz of protien for me.So does that include all meat and dairy and nuts?
Yup, protein is protein, better keep track till you get used to it.
Also, worth mentioning the advanced Atkins...Ketogencis...do say less protein to reach ketosis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss