Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2012, 04:11 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,189,680 times

Advertisements

Protein
powder is beneficial health food for active people, but it’s viewed by many as a one-trick pony: a musclehead’s concoction meant only to be mixed in a shaker bottle and gulped down quickly.

Few realize how versatile the supplement can be. Used creatively, you can use muscle dust in a surprising number of recipes, including hearty pancakes, powerful cheeseburgers, and a highly addictive cheesecake, just to name a few. To breathe new life into an old powdered friend –and help you add more nutritional value to a variety of meals– here are 20 delicious, non-shake ways to use protein powder.

Recipes Are Here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 05:54 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,795,182 times
See, that's what I thought you were talking about in the other thread. Which is why I was surprised when someone posted that you were talking about premixed shakes (even though you didn't specify).

You -can- make delicious shakes with protein powder - the protein powder I've used in the past was always powdered egg white. It's used in confectionary cooking too, and it's what gave Orange Julius drinks their amazing froth.

Anything you make in a blender that doesn't require exclusive ingredients, you can add a tablespoon of powder to (I can't make my dad's blender chocolate mousse with it because it'd change the consistancy and the mousse would thicken improperly).

And yeah I remember when I was in college, I added a little powder to ceasar dressing. Remember of course I'm using egg white and not whey, and ceasar dressing is made with raw egg. So it was a perfect addition.

Edited to add: protein powder isn't only for people who work out - it's for anyone who needs an extra protein boost for whatever reason. For people allergic to whey, there's eggwhite. For people who are allergic to eggs, there's whey. Not sure what other protein powders are out there but there's probably something for the vegans/vegetarians too.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:00 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,189,680 times
Hi Anon,

I hear ya. I guess I could have explained better.

Thanks for the detailed reply.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:48 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,347,892 times
Muscle Mac and Cheese! Recovery Rice Crispies! Sir, I am in your debt. And here I've been only putting the stuff in milk. Live and learn. Thanks for the article.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKY View Post
Muscle Mac and Cheese! Recovery Rice Crispies! Sir, I am in your debt. And here I've been only putting the stuff in milk. Live and learn. Thanks for the article.
Oh great, so I have one less reason to -not- gorge myself on home-made baked mac and cheese.

Thanks.

Soon-to-be-fat-again Anon

Old 05-16-2012, 08:27 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,347,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Oh great, so I have one less reason to -not- gorge myself on home-made baked mac and cheese.

Thanks.

Soon-to-be-fat-again Anon
Okay, we can just stick to the Oh Yeah! Oatmeal! recipe

Old 05-17-2012, 12:39 PM

I totally added some protein powder to my General Tso's.

My gym trainer is gonna be SO mad...

Old 05-19-2012, 10:09 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,427,403 times
you had me at cheesecake....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post

Protein
powder is beneficial health food for active people, but it’s viewed by many as a one-trick pony: a musclehead’s concoction meant only to be mixed in a shaker bottle and gulped down quickly.

Few realize how versatile the supplement can be. Used creatively, you can use muscle dust in a surprising number of recipes, including hearty pancakes, powerful cheeseburgers, and a highly addictive cheesecake, just to name a few. To breathe new life into an old powdered friend –and help you add more nutritional value to a variety of meals– here are 20 delicious, non-shake ways to use protein powder.

Recipes Are Here!

Old 05-20-2012, 10:24 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,351,668 times
I had been using whey protein powder until I read about all the heavy metals that are in it. Unless you buy organic whey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss