Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2012, 02:03 PM

659 posts, read 1,018,387 times

Advertisements

I didn't know if I should post here or the general health board but I have been reading about cushings and how hard it is to diagnose. I been to endo's, my primary care and a neuro. I gained over 40 pounds in the past 4 years, a lot of it in my stomach. I never been someone who gained in the stomach, always in the thighs and butt. But I had 3 pregnancies and after the last one I started gaining not losing and so much weight in the belly area.

I been tested for everything, just being told I am suddenly turned lazy and my metabolism is changing.

I have muscle pain, vision changes, dry eye, dry skin, massive weight in the belly now to the point of being uncomfortable, I can feel it all the time and it feels like pressure. I am almost goiong to give up on doctors, I don't know what else to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 12:47 PM

35,308 posts, read 52,518,741 times
That sounds like what i got, my doctor is chalking it up to overweight,diebetes and old age(65), get used to it he says. really?
I also am becoming very inflexible from the waist down,things like picking something off the floor or putting on socks etc is becoming extremely difficult,Walking is also becoming tough,i can do 20 minutes on a machine at the gymn but after 10 minutes of walking outside i got to take a rest.
Cushings? i'll look into it..

Old 06-27-2012, 01:09 AM

35,308 posts, read 52,518,741 times
After a bit of research i doubt i have Cushings unless my diabetic medication has something to do with it.

Quote:
Cushing's syndrome describes the signs and symptoms associated with prolonged exposure to inappropriately high levels of the hormone cortisol. This can be caused by taking glucocorticoid drugs, or diseases that result in excess cortisol, adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH), or CRH levels.[1]

Old 12-27-2014, 08:38 AM

2 posts, read 2,178 times
Default Possible reversal of CUSHINGS in dogs

I wanted to share this with all you pet owners who may be dealing with a dog with Cushings and/or diabetes. I have a jack/chihuahua mix who weighs 18 pounds. He was diagnosed in August 2014 with diabetes and possible Cushings due to pot belly, bare skin hot spots, lack of fur on chest and underneath. He went from 28 pounds to 14 pounds and got cataracts from the diabetes. Well, I'm a believer in natural cures and for my dog this has worked!!!! My vet even asked what I used and wrote it down when she was surprised to see his fur growing back and his skin in such great condition! She told me with Cushings, the fur never grows back. Well, he's been on 1000 milligrams of fish oil in the mornings and at night with his meal he gets 1000 m of fish oil w COQ10 capsules. [Found online with Puritan's Pride]. His fur grew back in the bald spots, he has fur on his chest and his fur is in excellent shiny condition, his 'potbelly' is non-existent now. COQ10 and fish oil with Omegas 3, 6 and 9 are essential to cells and other parts of the body. I also believe it is helping to keep his diabetes under control along with insulin. He drinks now about 10-12 ounces of water a day, never has accidents, is energetic and playful again, and it appears that his diabetic cataracts are clearing up some. They are more transparent than they were 3 months ago. I'm still working on getting the glucose down but it went from almost 500 to 300. It's worth a try. I'm wondering too if it's working too good!!! He seems to be happy with eating very light in the mornings, which I have to adjust the insulin ... but at night he eats everything and insulin is 5.5 units of Novolin N. I'm thinking seriously of feeding him now just once a day around 4 pm and giving him 5.5 units of Novolin and if his sugar seems to be going on, increasing weekly by 1/2 unit until it is at a good match. Any vets out here or experienced owners who can help me with this decision? I would appreciate so much!!!! I hope my experience will help other pets too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss