Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 10:13 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,777,397 times

Advertisements

Being about 45 lbs. overweight at age 58, Id like to get started on a pre-planned 1200-1500 calorie per day Food Plan that tastes good and will give me the necessary nutrition i need.

Please tell me which NATIONAL Prepared Food Plan you went with , and your weight loss success thus far.

Thanks for helping me decide which way to go.

(Moderator...please relocate this Post if theres a more appropriate place on C.D. for it to be) .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 04:24 PM

20,945 posts, read 28,464,010 times
I am doing the new WW points plus plan and have lost about 53 lbs so far with about 25 more to go. I look and feel great.

Old 07-11-2012, 05:00 PM

1,239 posts, read 2,010,634 times
I did nutrisystem. It works....I lost about 20 lbs in 3 months. I did not like the food, and you do need to add your own veggies and fruit.

Now I'm following the 17 Day Diet and I've had equal success. I've lost over 50lbs since having my son. I much prefer this plan since it's eating whole, natural foods.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I am doing the new WW points plus plan and have lost about 53 lbs so far with about 25 more to go. I look and feel great.
So WW is just a calorie counting Plan and doesnt include purchasing their prepared Food ?

Old 07-12-2012, 11:51 AM

1,239 posts, read 2,010,634 times
007.5 - yes, WW is calorie counting.

Your options for prepared food would be nutrisystem, jenny craig, or one of those shake companies like body by vi.

Old 07-15-2012, 03:22 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,829,980 times
Remember though once you go off the pre made food program you will have to make the food yourself and portion out your meals yourself. If you do not know how to properly do that you will gain the eight back. WW teaches you how to choose your food and how much of certain types you should be eating. They also have great cookbooks.

Old 07-15-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Remember though once you go off the pre made food program you will have to make the food yourself and portion out your meals yourself. If you do not know how to properly do that you will gain the eight back. WW teaches you how to choose your food and how much of certain types you should be eating. They also have great cookbooks.
Yes, i learned that the hard way . I was on Seattle Sutton Food Plan, 1200 calories per day, which i stayed on for 5 months and lost 42 lbs. I got off of it thinking i could save alot of money and just be diligent in eating low cal foods....but i ended up gaining it all back plus another 5 lbs for bad measure. How expensive is WW to join and to attend the local meetings ? THere is one in my town. Thanks.

Old 07-15-2012, 04:25 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,829,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
Yes, i learned that the hard way . I was on Seattle Sutton Food Plan, 1200 calories per day, which i stayed on for 5 months and lost 42 lbs. I got off of it thinking i could save alot of money and just be diligent in eating low cal foods....but i ended up gaining it all back plus another 5 lbs for bad measure. How expensive is WW to join and to attend the local meetings ? THere is one in my town. Thanks.
I am not sure what the rates are now. Sometimes they have a promotion that waves the initial fee. Then there are different fees for what you want. You can join the online one where you get total access to their website and free meetings. Or you can pay as you go and just pay for the meetings which I think are $12 or $13. If I were you I would just go to the local meeting and find out what program suits you. I highly recommend you stay for the weekly meetings after the weigh in. Its a great community of support and you can get some great ideas. The weekly weigh in keeps you accountable.

Old 07-15-2012, 08:34 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,910,431 times
My sister uses this service, but they are only in a few metros. Local Diet Pickup | Fresh Local Diet Delivery Service

She likes the food and she is extraordinarily picky.

Old 07-18-2012, 07:57 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,808,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
How confident are you that you will keep it off for the next five years?
You really need to pick your targets more carefully Charles. Lubby has been learning how to eat properly over time, and using Weight Watchers as her primary learning tool. Because she is learning how to eat - and buy real actual food from a supermarket - and appreciate physical health and not -just- weight.. she has successfully lost weight and her learning tools will help her maintain her target weight range indefinitely. Lubby isn't trying to get skinny. She's trying to get healthy. And because of this mindset, she is very likely to sustain her health for many many years. Not just 5.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss