Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 06:55 AM

889 posts, read 2,406,748 times

Advertisements

Nutrisystem. I went on this about 2 months ago. The SLOWEST diet of my entire life. In two months I lost 9 lbs..... I also don't exercise....I sit on the computer most of the day the run out to my car to show houses.....my exercise is walking to the car and back inside most times.

Still, I never exercised when I was younger (I'm 48) and went on diets in the past, weight watchers etc....

but this diet.....I didn't lose a lb for the first 3 weeks...but spent money on it so I had to follow through....then it was 2 lbs...then 4...etc up to 9lbs.

But my tummy is gone. My body is appearing again. My jeans fit again.....

bottom line is...if you stay away from flour and sugar you're going to lose your stomach.

You dont' need nutrisystem to do that or any diet in fact....

just stay away from "the White Stuff".....for a few months.....miracles happen! You may not lose lbs...but you'll change the shape of your body!

This is for guys especially who tend to put it on in that area most. Especially people in my age group!

Anyway, I'm not done yet....and I'm thinking I might have to get outside and walk around the school yard track a couple of times a week as soon as it stops raining if that EVER happens (NY).....

Happy Memorial Weekend Guys...stay away from the buns
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 07:19 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
You shouldn't diet, you should change your way of life. Exercising is a very important part of a lifestyle for health reasons and getting rid of tummy!

These fad diets are not healthy and who wants to give up eating white stuff forever?

Old 05-23-2008, 07:41 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,864 times
My metabolism slowed down a lot once I hit my mid 30's. Before then I never had to worry about what I ate or exercise.
I'm probably in better shape now then I was when I was younger. I started running 3 years ago. I run 4 miles a day. I agree with veuvegirl - lifestyle change is the best way to go. If I had to cut out certain types of foods forever to stay fit, I'd never be able to stick with it.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:16 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times
Thread moved to the Excercise and Fitness Board

Old 05-23-2008, 09:14 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,866,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
You shouldn't diet, you should change your way of life. Exercising is a very important part of a lifestyle for health reasons and getting rid of tummy!

These fad diets are not healthy and who wants to give up eating white stuff forever?
beat me to it. don't diet. change your eating habits (for good). learn about all the junk you read on the label but have no idea what it is or how bad for you it actually is, then don't buy anything with it. by my own estimation, by reading lots of labels, 9 of 10 things in the grocery store are junk food. this is the secret to not gaining weight.

Old 07-24-2012, 12:40 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post

There's nothing faddish about giving up "white stuff". I could easily live the rest of my life without eating white bread, white rice, white pasta, and potatoes. There are good, whole grain substitutes for all of these foods.

Old 07-24-2012, 03:51 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GigiBowman View Post
Nutrisystem. I went on this about 2 months ago. The SLOWEST diet of my entire life. In two months I lost 9 lbs..... I also don't exercise....I sit on the computer most of the day the run out to my car to show houses.....my exercise is walking to the car and back inside most times.

Still, I never exercised when I was younger (I'm 48) and went on diets in the past, weight watchers etc....

but this diet.....I didn't lose a lb for the first 3 weeks...but spent money on it so I had to follow through....then it was 2 lbs...then 4...etc up to 9lbs.

But my tummy is gone. My body is appearing again. My jeans fit again.....

bottom line is...if you stay away from flour and sugar you're going to lose your stomach.

You dont' need nutrisystem to do that or any diet in fact....

just stay away from "the White Stuff".....for a few months.....miracles happen! You may not lose lbs...but you'll change the shape of your body!

This is for guys especially who tend to put it on in that area most. Especially people in my age group!

Anyway, I'm not done yet....and I'm thinking I might have to get outside and walk around the school yard track a couple of times a week as soon as it stops raining if that EVER happens (NY).....

Happy Memorial Weekend Guys...stay away from the buns

What is the likelihood that you will keep this weight off permanently?

Old 07-24-2012, 03:58 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,087,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GigiBowman View Post
Why is that? People for thousands of years have been eating flour and sugar without gaining weight....and today its magically the cure for obesity?

Old 07-24-2012, 04:51 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,783,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
There's nothing faddish about giving up "white stuff". I could easily live the rest of my life without eating white bread, white rice, white pasta, and potatoes. There are good, whole grain substitutes for all of these foods.
But none of them taste as good baked in a casserole dish with two different kinds of cheddar cheese mixed in a roux of whole milk, butter, and flour, and topped with bread crumbs.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:00 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
But none of them taste as good baked in a casserole dish with two different kinds of cheddar cheese mixed in a roux of whole milk, butter, and flour, and topped with bread crumbs.
There are a few tasty whole wheat pastas. I find the whole foods exceptionally good, and has the right texture. But the mac and cheese? Well that part needs to be limited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss