Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 12:37 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,814,359 times

Advertisements

Common sense and moderation folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 02:56 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,770,834 times
The "eggs will kill you because of cholesterol" myth has been debunked. Yes, it -is- high in cholesterol. But that's dietary cholesterol, not blood cholesterol. And, it's been shown that foods that are high in dietary cholesterol are _also_ typically high in saturated fat, and it's the fat that contributes to heart disease and complications from diabetes.

However - eggs are not high in saturated fat. They do have fat - around 4 grams for a large raw egg. But that's not very high. Plus, because it's a decent source (not good, just decent) of protein, and low carb, they make a good breakfast food. In fact, if you were to have one whole egg plus the white of a second egg, you'd have an honest-to-goodness awesome and amazing breakfast, and you'd still have enough wiggle room to add a slice of wheat toast with strawberry preserves, and a cup of normal coffee with 2 sugars and a splash of whole milk, and you'd STILL be within a "reasonable" range of carbs, fat, starch, protein, and calories, for a typical weight-loss or weight-maintenence diet.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:19 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,815,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
In fact, if you were to have one whole egg plus the white of a second egg, you'd have an honest-to-goodness awesome and amazing breakfast, and you'd still have enough wiggle room to add a slice of wheat toast with strawberry preserves, and a cup of normal coffee with 2 sugars and a splash of whole milk, and you'd STILL be within a "reasonable" range of carbs, fat, starch, protein, and calories, for a typical weight-loss or weight-maintenence diet.
That combination works great for me.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:44 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,770,834 times
That's what I had for breakfast yesterday morning

Old 10-07-2012, 02:15 PM

22,654 posts, read 24,581,931 times
Quote:
Well it involves a pan; if it's not a no-stick pan, you'd need some kind of oil or butter to melt. Then, you crack a couple eggs in a bowl, toss the shells away, whisk the eggs, add a little pepper and salt if you like that. Then, pour the eggs into the pan. Let it sit there til there's some bubbling going on underneath the surface. Sprinkle some shredded feta, a little well-drained spinach, some sauteed mushrooms, a little chopped bell pepper, a minced shallot, and fold. Flip the folded omelet to sear the other side, and serve.

I love you *********, got an answer for everything!!!!

I posited my question in more of a psychosensorical sense....but thanks for the.....um, answer!

Old 10-07-2012, 05:41 PM

8,051 posts, read 12,767,329 times
I eat eggs every day. Monday through Friday I have an "Egg salad" sandwich for breakfast on whole wheat bread. I do not eat the yolks- just the whites and use minimal mayo. On the weekends I eat fried eggs on Saturday and scrambled on Sunday.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:42 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,815,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
[/b]

Great, how on earth do you make a two egg omelet?????????
It takes a smaller skillet.

Old 10-08-2012, 08:22 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,825,030 times
Quote:
Well it involves a pan; if it's not a no-stick pan, you'd need some kind of oil or butter to melt. Then, you crack a couple eggs in a bowl, toss the shells away, whisk the eggs, add a little pepper and salt if you like that. Then, pour the eggs into the pan. Let it sit there til there's some bubbling going on underneath the surface. Sprinkle some shredded feta, a little well-drained spinach, some sauteed mushrooms, a little chopped bell pepper, a minced shallot, and fold. Flip the folded omelet to sear the other side, and serve.
Mmmm.

Old 10-14-2012, 03:42 AM

2 posts, read 1,931 times
Eggs are good food, one thing I like is I can prepare and cook them easily, boiled, fried, sunny side up or omelet. One thing is I love to eat them freshly cooked. But I know how to control myself, too much is still bad for our health.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:42 AM

467 posts, read 664,638 times
No, eggs should be eaten in extreme moderation, only a few per week at the most, because they contain polyunsaturated fatty acids which lower the metabolism. If you must eat eggs, cook them in coconut oil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss