Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 04:04 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,690,657 times

Advertisements

Now for the ultimate load of crap......eggs are as bad for you as cigarette smoking is.

I eat no more than two eggs a day , if that, and smoke my pipe when I relaxing. I'm way past tired of a group of self centered morons telling me that I'm not living right.

Eat right, sleep enough, take it easy on the booze, stay off the couch,be happy and (for me) take time for a sweet pipeful of tobacco once in awhile is what I believe is a good life.

No one is gonna tell me otherwise.....

No yolk: eating the whole egg as dangerous as smoking? - latimes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 04:11 PM

5,097 posts, read 6,353,039 times
I'll never give up my eggs...yolks and all.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:28 PM

607 posts, read 1,394,281 times
And then tomorrow, there will be another report that comes out saying eggs are absolutely great for you. I think what we can definitely conclude is that they have absolutely no clue really. If they did, there wouldn't be so many contradictory findings.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:30 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,674,611 times
I heard a discussion about this study on the radio today...1200 people. How can they honestly determine it was eggs that were as bad as smoking when these people ate processed foods, fast foods, red meat, and everything else? More BS...

Old 08-15-2012, 04:38 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,956,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
Now for the ultimate load of crap......eggs are as bad for you as cigarette smoking is.

I eat no more than two eggs a day , if that, and smoke my pipe when I relaxing. I'm way past tired of a group of self centered morons telling me that I'm not living right.

Eat right, sleep enough, take it easy on the booze, stay off the couch,be happy and (for me) take time for a sweet pipeful of tobacco once in awhile is what I believe is a good life.

No one is gonna tell me otherwise.....

No yolk: eating the whole egg as dangerous as smoking? - latimes.com
Did you read the article? Either you didn't, you didn't understand it, or you're being dishonest here in your post.

The article only pertains to heart disease. It does not say that egg yolks cause lung cancer or any of the other cancers associated with smoking. It does not say that egg yolks cause emphysema. It does not say that egg yolks cause increased chance of bone fractures, infertility, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, or strokes.

So, no, this article most certainly does not say that eating egg yolks are as bad for you as smoking.

PS - To the bolded text; then quit reading these articles! You are the one who decided to read it. Don't like it? Don't read it! (I'll assume you're not such a raving narcissist that you are demanding that all media quit covering medical research -- though I may well be wrong in such a charitable assumption about you). But if you do read it, please try and comprehend it. For a change.

PPS - I love eggs, and eat them occasionally. I just don't whine and snivel when the deleterious effects of actions are covered in media. I am perfectly willing to know them, so I don't get all bent and huffy over such publications. But obviously, some people can't handle such facts...

Old 08-15-2012, 04:38 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,328,339 times
This is just my personal opinion ... but I think the purpose of life is to be enjoyed as long as "enjoyment" doesn't include hurting anyone else. I spend my days taking care of an elder who took extraordinary care of her health. Other than going to doctor appointments on average twice a week now, she sits around all day, unable to do at least 90% of the things she used to do and bored out of her skull, but her heart is pumping like a 30-year-old's. That's been a great life lesson to me. I see no reason to spend my existence giving up things I enjoy so I can live to be much older than I might live not obeying all these health and fitness regulations people come up with. I'm not advocating driving without a seatbelt or being a meth addict, but to remove small pleasures from life to "be healthy" seems a bit nuts to me.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:41 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,956,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
I heard a discussion about this study on the radio today...1200 people. How can they honestly determine it was eggs that were as bad as smoking when these people ate processed foods, fast foods, red meat, and everything else? More BS...
Uh huh. Because medical research never bothers to factor in these considerations...

Old 08-15-2012, 04:47 PM

131 posts, read 260,974 times
Time for another incredible edible egg campaign. As always, what once was good, became bad, then good and now it’s bad again. Most things in moderation will not kill us.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:44 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,690,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
Did you read the article? Either you didn't, you didn't understand it, or you're being dishonest here in your post.

The article only pertains to heart disease. It does not say that egg yolks cause lung cancer or any of the other cancers associated with smoking. It does not say that egg yolks cause emphysema. It does not say that egg yolks cause increased chance of bone fractures, infertility, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, or strokes.

So, no, this article most certainly does not say that eating egg yolks are as bad for you as smoking.

PS - To the bolded text; then quit reading these articles! You are the one who decided to read it. Don't like it? Don't read it! (I'll assume you're not such a raving narcissist that you are demanding that all media quit covering medical research -- though I may well be wrong in such a charitable assumption about you). But if you do read it, please try and comprehend it. For a change.

PPS - I love eggs, and eat them occasionally. I just don't whine and snivel when the deleterious effects of actions are covered in media. I am perfectly willing to know them, so I don't get all bent and huffy over such publications. But obviously, some people can't handle such facts...

Learn any net manners lately?

No?

Didn't think so.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:03 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,827,154 times
Wy do we need two threads on eggs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss