Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 06:54 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,853,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
I'm 5' 4" tall. My sizes I was talking about were mostly Kasper and Tahari skirt suits.

Today I'm 158 lbs and fitting my skirt suits better than when I was 163 lbs. Right now I fit anything with a 38"+ bust and a waist of 27.5"+.
I am 5'4 and I wear 2/4 and I am 124 lbs. You must like your clothes really tight. Either that or they are mislabeled.

Old 09-09-2012, 07:21 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,770,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
5'4" and 158 lbs with a 27 inch waist? Oh come on. No one believes you.
My waist is actually around 33" but skirts can stretch and compress my fat, so I found out at most I can squeeze into a 27.5" skirt.

Old 09-09-2012, 07:47 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,853,889 times
Quote:
My waist is actually around 33" but skirts can stretch and compress my fat, so I found out at most I can squeeze into a 27.5" skirt.
With your height and weight you are probably a size 10/12. You would also be a lot more comfortable if you bought clothes that fit properly.

Old 09-09-2012, 07:54 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,639,269 times
Quote:
I'm 5' 4" tall. My sizes I was talking about were mostly Kasper and Tahari skirt suits.

Today I'm 158 lbs and fitting my skirt suits better than when I was 163 lbs. Right now I fit anything with a 38"+ bust and a waist of 27.5"+.
I'm having a hard time with your weight to size statements. I'm 5'11" and at 155 I'm a 4. At 163 I'm a 4/6. I just don't see how someone so much shorter than me can be the same size as me at the same weight. Are your feet made of lead?

ETA: I shop at express, and I think their sizes may run small.

ETA again: at 5'4" your BMI would be 27.1 which is very overweight almost obese. I think you may need to buy a bigger size, and take an honest look in the mirror before your health declines.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:43 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,770,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
With your height and weight you are probably a size 10/12. You would also be a lot more comfortable if you bought clothes that fit properly.
I bought a few skirt suits along the way of my weight loss from 195 lbs to 140 lbs. Mostly, at 165 lbs I was buying size 10 and 12's, but when I went to Goodwill and saw cute size 8, 6, and 4 stuff - I gradually found out I can squeeze into smaller clothes. So at 155 lbs I thought I was a size 8. At 152 lbs I fit my first size 4.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:19 AM

110 posts, read 384,253 times
It's good that you've lost so much weight. You're probably still packing on the visceral fat though, since your diet is incredibly unhealthy.

You don't need to be a vegan yoga master to be healthy. You sound like you're over exercising (yes, there is such a thing) in order to compensate for your unregulated caloric intake. You'd be better off reducing what you eat, eating healthier products, and adding it with moderate exercise than trying to burn off everything you eat. It's a losing battle.

The other thing is that the body ages dramatically when you over exercise. Your joints will experience excessive wear and tear, and probably muscle / nerve issues that you shouldn't see until much later.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:56 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,871,061 times
Well Jesse69, sounds like you have it all figured out. Eat whatever you like, including lots of junk food, fast food, cookies, cakes, candy, and other carbs all day, especially for breakfast, and then spend hours every week working off all the calories. And then, stuff yourself into a size 4, looking every bit the "Trailer Dan's Calendar" model for June, 1972 (plus the aging of the last 40 years).

Sounds like a plan, let us know how it worked out next year!

Old 09-10-2012, 05:12 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,275,031 times
Quote:
I'll Never Restrict my Food Intake... What I mean by this is I will eat anything that I like, at worst is junk food that is high calorie and can make you fat if you eat a lot of it. So I eat junk food, even while on a diet! I ate junk food like pecan pie during my 2003 to 2005 65 lb weight loss. I did not avoid carbs at all. Now early this year I read an Atkins book about halfway but I realized I could not stick to it's idea of carb restrictions for life! So I never got into ketosis. I enjoy a carb rich breakfast everyday, as I don't like taking time to cook breakfast so I grab a quick cookie, brownie, cake, or such and gulp it with low calorie soymilk or coffee.
And I've been doing this for years! When I quit weight control workouts in summer 2009, I gradually went from 145 lbs to 164 this July 2012. Quick 5 lb weight gain mistake early when I tried weightlifting to lose weight; somehow the weightlifting workouts gave me hunger pangs and I splurged on the wrong food [like potato Chips]. Then an 11 week vacation in the Philippines where I just enjoy good fast food and had to try as much stuff as I could while there - I restrained from too much overeating but I went from 158 lbs to 161. And then without workouts, just eating anything but controlling my portions, I stayed nearly the same weight up to 1.5 years later.
But lately a bad habit almost got me to 164 lbs, - Breyer's Ice cream mixed in with high calorie Heath Magic Shell! - So tempting to splurge on! I couldn't take being 164 lbs as then I would start to not fit into my best cheerleading outfit, plus now at 164 lbs I could not fit into my many size 4 skirt suits, I only fit oversize size 4's but I fit all my size 6's.
So now currently I am into workouts to lose weight. Was very inspiring to have a 34 mile ride result in a 2 lbs weight loss, but disappointed when my latest 25.7 mi ride resulted in nothing!
My strategy now is to eat a carb breakfast [for energy for my ride], and an Atkins lunch [like steak n eggs] so I would get into fat burning when I workout. Seems to work well. But after workouts I eat anything again.
I can't live life without enjoying all those great tasting carbs out there. Cookies, cakes, brownies, a big variety of candies, potato chips, Ice cream, pecan pies... It's all possible to eat this and maintain your weight I mostly gained my weight through eating mistakes, which were not corrected by an immediate weight loss workout. I did weight control workouts for 4 years to maintain my weight at 145 lbs, but then I got burned out on this. So since summer 2009 I tried to control my weight by simple food intake quantity.But one thing I found that I could enjoy while maintaining my weight was splurging on a Buffet Breakfast or Lunch. I'd pig out at Golden Corral for Breakfast, then I'd skip lunch and weigh myself before dinner to see how much I can eat for dinner... And then no weight gain the next day.
WOW...I certainly hope you are under 40 years old because your diet STINKS. Sorry, but I am 64 pushing 65 and have recently lost 85 lbs and have been a weight watcher on and off my whole life trying to control a chronic weight issue. I had, at one time, weighed a horrid 304 lbs and was 60 years old when that happened. All of myINSANE eating similar to what you describe above caught up to me.

You cannot continue to not have some order to how you are eating without serious ramifications; AND how are you even a size 6 weighing 164 lbs?? Unless you are 6' tall of course, that seems to be a stretch...no pun intended.

Word to the wise...as you get older your body is going to change. Your metabolism will slow down, you will not be able to handle carbs like you use to, certain foods will disturb your digestion and you will mysteriously develop an allergy or two to different things. I was an AVID peanut butter fan. Now...it kills my stomach to even think about it. I also have to now make sure I get my Metamucil and Yogurt both..nice, huh? OH...lest we forget..not taking care of yourself properly with a balanced diet can also lead to bone issues..osteoporosis, diabetes, heart disease and more.

So...............I suggest you find the nearest Weight Watchers meeting and even if you only need to perhaps lose 10 lbs. go there and learn how to prepare healthy meals with your beloved carbs included. All food on the program is ok..learning how to eat it and not hurt yourself is the whole key with them. Good luck and please think about this seriously.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:14 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,554,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonchick View Post
well jesse69, sounds like you have it all figured out. Eat whatever you like, including lots of junk food, fast food, cookies, cakes, candy, and other carbs all day, especially for breakfast, and then spend hours every week working off all the calories. And then, stuff yourself into a size 4, looking every bit the "trailer dan's calendar" model for june, 1972 (plus the aging of the last 40 years).

Sounds like a plan, let us know how it worked out next year!
your a panic!!! Oh I just love your answers!!

Old 09-10-2012, 05:28 PM

20,995 posts, read 28,580,021 times
152 pounds and you are a size 4??? Something doesn't add up. I am 5'4 and I weigh 167 and I am a size 12. I have lost 55 pounds by the way and want to get down to 145 lbs.Squeezing into smaller clothes sounds very uncomfortable to me. I see many "Chunky "women who wear clothes that are 2 sizes too small and it looks terrible. I shop in Chico's and their clothes do run a little big, I am between a 1.5 and a size 2 which is equivilent to 10/12. If I weighed 120 lbs I could fit into a size 4. This must be a really BIG size 4 LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss