Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 10:52 AM

611 posts, read 2,101,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayo_michael View Post
I juice, well... I do it on and off. Like many people say, it's hard to stay on top of it because it's a lifestyle.

I'm 6'4". I went from 208 down to 187 in the course of a few of months following a pretty loose juicing diet. I mean, I still ate solid foods, but I cut out a lot of junk.

Based on my experience and other's I've followed online, you don't need to add protein to prevent muscle loss.

Thanks Kayo. Would the rest of you suppose I'd need protein powder--to prevent muscle loss--from days of ONLY juicing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 11:55 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,848,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes927 View Post
Did you add whey protein to your juice to preserve muscle?
Nope. Its pure, freshly squeezed juice diet. No additives. Thats what I read & saw in the documentary. I haven't tried it yet. I do a combination of juicing & fruit/veggies diet. For protein I add boiled beans/chickpeas or boiled egg white/grilled chicken/fish to my salads. I do need fiber to feel full.

I use my masticating juicer to squeeze fresh juices. Carrots, oranges, tomatoes are the ones that produce the most juice. Using this as a base you can add some spinach, celery that have more fiber but produce less juice. There are many websites (try "juicing recipes" on google) that have good combinations for juicing. Start with replacing 1 meal with juice & then the 2nd & 3rd until you get used to it. Its a crash "detox" diet to help lose weight quickly. The guys who tried it in the documentary took some time off from work & just focused on the diet. For working people who cant do that I would strongly suggest a combination of juicing & salads. I have been doing it for a couple of months now & it really helps in losing weight. Completely cut out carbs & sugars. I dont even crave them anymore.

Last edited by theluckygal; 09-25-2012 at 12:13 PM..

Old 09-25-2012, 12:11 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,089,987 times
I like organic hemp fiber - 14 grams of fiber per serving and it is a complete protein.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:23 PM

Anyone recommend a good book for this juicing diet? Any other tips would be appreciated also.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:53 PM

How is juicing different from just eating fruit?

Old 01-18-2013, 01:41 AM

4,534 posts, read 4,944,816 times
Beware of an exclusive juice diet, you simply don't get the same fiber benefits for your colon as you do when you consume and eat whole veggies.

Most people will never train to be olympic athletes or NFL players, you can get enough protein for the week by simply eating a few eggs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss