Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 04:37 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,867,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
You are soaking the chia seeds first before consuming, right?
Of course she is, that's the only way they'll sprout out of her ears, d'oh.

Chia Shaggy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 04:39 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,089,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonchick View Post
of course she is, that's the only way they'll sprout out of her ears, d'oh.

chia shaggy
lol

Old 01-22-2013, 07:45 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,852,952 times
Congrats Lilly, I haven't done what you've done but I have changed one thought process for the better and maybe some will recognize this one in themselves. I'd always say, "Well I need to go on a diet but today is Wednesday and Monday is the best day to start a diet. So, from now until Monday I'll just revisit all my favorite foods and then I'll start on Monday and be perfect." Of course I didn't exactly think it all out like that b/c that sounds stupid but that's how my thoughts ran all the same. I sometimes wonder if it wouldn't be a good idea to write those down and expose them to the light of day and we'd see how ridiculous they are. I don't know if I wrote it down or just took it out and looked at it and realized that it was not rational thinking--esp since on Monday I'd be feeling icky and hadn't made any real preparation for the diet that never came. I'm sure I gained weight with my mindset though.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:38 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,537,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Congrats Lilly, I haven't done what you've done but I have changed one thought process for the better and maybe some will recognize this one in themselves. I'd always say, "Well I need to go on a diet but today is Wednesday and Monday is the best day to start a diet. So, from now until Monday I'll just revisit all my favorite foods and then I'll start on Monday and be perfect." Of course I didn't exactly think it all out like that b/c that sounds stupid but that's how my thoughts ran all the same. I sometimes wonder if it wouldn't be a good idea to write those down and expose them to the light of day and we'd see how ridiculous they are. I don't know if I wrote it down or just took it out and looked at it and realized that it was not rational thinking--esp since on Monday I'd be feeling icky and hadn't made any real preparation for the diet that never came. I'm sure I gained weight with my mindset though.
Oh yeah, I remember that one! I had to eat all my favorite foods because I once I started the diet I could never have them again. Very silly! LOL

Old 01-23-2013, 04:15 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,852,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Oh yeah, I remember that one! I had to eat all my favorite foods because I once I started the diet I could never have them again. Very silly! LOL
Maybe it's time to start a list. Maybe if we expose them to the light of day they will dry up and go away!

Irrational beliefs about diets:

1. I'll start my diet on Monday but until then I'll revisit all my favorite foods b/c I can never eat them again.

2. I will never again eat: sugar, carbs, gluten, fat, etc

3. I will exercise 1 hour every day for the rest of my life and I'll like it

4. I will get down to a weight somewhere about 10 lbs less than what my bones weigh

5. Ooh, here's a good one: I will completely cleanse and detox my system and then I will only eat fresh fruits and veggies to keep it clean.

Nowadays the one I'm working on is that if I"m going to eat something bad for me, it had better be worth the calories. If I drink a soda it has to be my absolute favorite kind and have real cane sugar. If I have a cookie I don't want storebought--esp those really cheap sandwich cookies. If I have ice cream I'll get a small container of the premium brand. Trouble is, I do love to bake.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:38 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,537,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Nowadays the one I'm working on is that if I"m going to eat something bad for me, it had better be worth the calories. If I drink a soda it has to be my absolute favorite kind and have real cane sugar. If I have a cookie I don't want storebought--esp those really cheap sandwich cookies. If I have ice cream I'll get a small container of the premium brand. Trouble is, I do love to bake.
I started doing that too. I have to think verrrrrry about carefully whether something is treat-worthy before I'll eat it. A few bought cookies are, but I prefer home made by a mile. Having to bake my own, especially during the summer in a non-airconditioned house, does keep me from eating so many.

I'd rather have homemade candy too, and hardly ever crave a candy bar anymore. The entire time I'm eating it, I'm thinking I'd rather be eating chocolate walnut fudge. So I mainly eat candy during the winter holidays.

Old 12-01-2013, 12:43 PM

3 posts, read 1,701 times
Wow... you really go deep.... I just started eating less and eating healthier and I lost about 70 lbs in a few months and love my diet nowadays(it's been about 6 months now)... it's all stuff like fish and turnips and radishes and cucumbers and onions and kale and bok choi and mushrooms and potatoes and fish and raspberries and blueberries and water and gatoraid and spinach and bananas and oranges and tomatoes and pickles and with awesome seasonings like dill and garlic and saffron and paprika(all different peppers) I just educated myself and once I learned that 3500calories equaled 1lb body fat I just started doing the math and counting all my calories.... it's not that hard I just started paying attention to what goes in my body and how much of it(I take it a little to the extreme but it feels good) Besides the occasional gorging on sweet breakfast foods and skim milk and chocolate candies I keep myself around 115lbs, I find it Damn near impossible for me to drop below 113 even after a few days fasting without any water weight I can't seem to do it. Anyhow dieting turned out to be really fun and easy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss