Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 08:27 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,753,337 times

Advertisements

He's now promoting Garcinia Cambogia Extract from a fake website with a video of him. The website looks like a magazine site but the topic links don't work, and I bet it's loaded up with fake testimony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 08:41 PM

4,096 posts, read 6,225,470 times
He has people from so many different diets on his show and he likes them all. Very confusing. A couple of weeks ago he liked "Wheat Belly" and last week he like Dr. Fuhrnman, and these are complete opposites. He is just a showman.

Old 01-12-2013, 04:44 AM

17,418 posts, read 16,585,682 times
Snake oil anyone?

Old 01-12-2013, 08:26 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,814,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Snake oil anyone?
Worse than snake oil, I think. A snake-oil salesman won't sell the wheat with the chaff. He sells only the chaff. So people who are on the lookout for chaff, know not to buy anything this guy is selling.

Dr. Oz mixes in bits of both. He does legitimate health experts a disservice, while boosting the sales of the illegitimate bottled miracles. Were I a legitimate medical practitioner/nutrition scientist with something to offer the public, Dr. Oz would not even be on the list of people I'd approach to help me promote the product. And that's because the target audience for my product would be people who are most likely to take what I say seriously, with thought and intelligence, and not just rush at the latest scam that fits the way they WANT to do things (such as eating twinkies to loose weight, or eating lots of meat and no bread, or eating tons of pasta but no red meat, or take this pill - no exercise needed, etc.), and justifies poor eating and exercise habits. People like that, don't take much of what Dr. Oz recommends seriously. And I'd end up missing out on the people I -want- to help, while becoming yet another "snake oil manufacturer that Dr. Oz peddles." Even if my product and my credentials were legit. Dr. Oz's name stains anything it's attached to now.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:43 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,467,857 times
He replaced "Dr Phil" who replaced "Oprah" and he too will be replaced by the next, crowned GURU of anything weight loss.

As long as the $$$$ in sales roll in, they are all willing and ready to promote the "newest discovery" on how to lose 45 lbs in a week without changing your eating habits by taking this new supplement. Yeah, right...

Old 01-12-2013, 08:31 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,455,440 times
I think when someone agrees to do a TV show 5 days a week, they quickly learn how difficult it is to find new subjects to fill the time which leaves them vulnerable to making poor choices. I think this happened with Dr Oz.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:21 AM

10,620 posts, read 12,152,727 times
Technically all the people he has on saying you can lose weight using their plan are correct. You will lose weight. There are a whole lot of ways to lose weight...which of course boil down to basically calories in/energy out.

But if an audience likes one 'plan' over another to GET there....he's meeting a need and providing information.

Has he actually put HIS NAME on or ENDORSED these things, or is he just presenting the product and saying "studies show this or that." To me that makes a difference.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:45 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,414,826 times
Thumbs down uh...yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
My problem with Dr. Oz is that he constantly touts something or other as 'a miracle'. There are no miracle weight-loss substances.

If you look into what he eats, very boring and limited foods, you'll know why he's thin...and it has nothing whatever to do with the latest 'miracle'.
like his newest 'miracle', the 'instant hair' replacement...shake it on and voila...all natural.
Sheesh...I knew this guy was a 'Oprah Disaster' first time I saw him...
Koale

Old 01-23-2013, 11:14 AM

20,951 posts, read 28,472,843 times
Dr. Oz is full of ****. I never believe anything he says or does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss