Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2013, 10:42 AM

1,331 posts, read 1,989,225 times

Advertisements

I hate eating!
If I could skip i meal a day and have a shake instead of lunch I'd be a happy camper.

I've read a few online reviews and "Ideal Shape" seems good.

Do any of you have experience with Ideal Shape or any other meal replacement shake that you like?

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 11:12 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,849,333 times
Recommend to look at the nutrition facts labels of these manufacturers and total up the desirable and deduct from the serving size so you have an idea of what amount of fillers are used. You really only want the protein and maybe the carbs.-Depend on your macronutrient requirements. http://www.freedieting.com/tools/nut...calculator.htm

http://www.livestrong.com/article/52...macronutrient/

Anything else is not useful for the body.

I use Iso Sensation 93 which is nearly exact protein weight, 30gr, per 32gr serving size. Minimal fillers. Designed for athletic use but doable as a meal subsitute.

There are sites that will tailor the contents to your specification. Not really much different than buying off the shelf. Note the good stuff is about $10-12/lb.

I pay about $0.84 per meal plus the cost of the milk needed to form a liquid.

Last edited by Felix C; 01-03-2013 at 11:50 AM..

Old 01-03-2013, 11:47 AM

1,331 posts, read 1,989,225 times
Thanks for the info.

My primary need is a meal replacement shake, but if I can get that combined with exercise enhancement that would be great.
I do high intensity training 2h a day so anything that will maximize that is also great.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:04 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,849,333 times
I notice the difference between the straightforward meal replacement and the athletic protein powders is the latter add additional amino acids and muscle recovery components into the mixture. Glutamine for example. Some add Creatine for pre-workout benefits.etc.

If you have a Costco nearby and are a member, the most recent coupon flyer has Optimum Nutrition Whey Isolate Vanilla, 4.5lb bucket for $12 off retail so it is $45.xx before taxes. A very good deal. Low cholestrol, reasonable carb, mucho protein. (I bought it for me wifey and she is a zumba/yoga/step aficionado etc.) Isolate is the low cholesterol version.

Iso Sensation 93 unflavored is currently $50.xx at Lucky Vitamin. A bargain as I bought pre-special and paid $63.89 at Amazon.(Oh well, I did get triple points)

I have to pitch some friends. Sunwarrior.com does Rice protein. Very high production standards but expensive.

There are others. Very knowledgable fellow over on the C-D Exercise forum recommends Dymatize 100,etc.

I would avoid the non-Isolate Whey Proteins as they have much cholesterol. Cheaper brands have much filler.

Last edited by Felix C; 01-03-2013 at 01:25 PM..

Old 02-14-2013, 12:02 PM

178 posts, read 355,760 times
Shakes are good to have but skipping meals will cost you lower down your nutritional values. do have shakes but try to have small but healthy meal portions so that you can fullfill the daily nutrition values. the benefits you get from eating sea food, whole grains, vegetables and fruits are comparatively more than having shakes in the replacement of meals.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:31 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,390,383 times
CytoSport l Building Athletes from the Inside Out

I drink one of these each day. I usually am either in a hurry in the morning or skip lunch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss