Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 04:20 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,045,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
Yes! It is also good in smoothies.
I agree - we use almond milk in smoothies sometimes too...I was on a website this morning (a blog) where they made their own sprouted almond milk....I didn't have time to see if the recipe was posted...an interesting idea though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 06:26 AM

525 posts, read 760,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickSantos View Post
Don't bother.

Please look into Dr. Jeffery Friedman. He REPRESENTS SCIENCE, NOT beliefs.

The BODY counts calories and far more accurately than we ever could consciously.

NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY, could ever match the 12 MILLION calories ingested to expended over a DECADE, YET studies from all over the woprld demonstrate most people not trying to alter their weight REMAIN REMARKABLY WEIGHT STABLE.

The above is Dr. Friedman's POINT.

FURTHER ADD TO THIS THAT CALORIE LABELS ARE WILDLY INACCURATE. THEY ARE OFF BY AS MUCH AS 10 TO AS MUCH AS 80 PERCENT!

"Counting calories" is a completely PHONY issue:

Sokol Science Lecture Series 2012 Dr Jeffrey M Friedman Part 03 - YouTube

I LOVE how this was completely ignored.

I guess I am arguing with a BUNCH OF CRANKS. Unfortunatley, on the INternet, cransk form their own communities so they can have their say and reject ALL SCIENTIFIC evidence.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 01-25-2013 at 12:18 PM..

Old 01-25-2013, 07:01 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,546,711 times
I'm not counting calories so much as portion sizes, but I am cutting out empty calories in drinks by drinking more water (less coffee and sweetened green tea, and no wine for now). I'm also trying to simply eat healthier (more leafy green vegetables and NO junk food), which automatically reduces my caloric intake.

I like AnonChick's advice about calculating the calories and deciding if you can exercise that off TODAY. How many times have I said, "Oh, I'll have that piece of cake and then walk it off this weekend?" By the time the weekend comes, I've conveniently forgotten that resolution!

Old 01-25-2013, 08:28 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,764,451 times
I like how some people quote their own posts and bemoan the fact that they are being ignored. When I was at the doctor the subject of weight was brought up, I knew I needed lose weight, to mitigate and prevent potential future problems. I expressed my intentions and the plan I was going to utilize to reduce my weight. My doctor agreed that my plan was reasonable, was prudent and one that he gave his blessing to.

Again, a smart person understands that physics applies, but that the body is a biological being. Insomuch that you need an understanding of how cells work, how they need energy to function, also that cells come together to form tissue, tissue comes together to form organs. That organs assemble to form bodies. So physics can't explain how a body functions. The laws of physics apply to the body. But it isn't the sum of the whole in understanding its function. That is why there is a huge field of science called biology.

The topic portion control, once learned is handy why of managing weight, which tends to a tool towards the end of good health.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:01 AM

525 posts, read 760,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I like how some people quote their own posts and bemoan the fact that they are being ignored. When I was at the doctor the subject of weight was brought up, I knew I needed lose weight, to mitigate and prevent potential future problems. I expressed my intentions and the plan I was going to utilize to reduce my weight. My doctor agreed that my plan was reasonable, was prudent and one that he gave his blessing to.

Again, a smart person understands that physics applies, but that the body is a biological being. Insomuch that you need an understanding of how cells work, how they need energy to function, also that cells come together to form tissue, tissue comes together to form organs. That organs assemble to form bodies. So physics can't explain how a body functions. The laws of physics apply to the body. But it isn't the sum of the whole in understanding its function. That is why there is a huge field of science called biology.

The topic portion control, once learned is handy why of managing weight, which tends to a tool towards the end of good health.
Friedman is the real deal and is a PIONEER in this field. He has singlehandedly altered obesity science. The new view came with his work. He knows FAR MORE about obesity than ANYBODY on here. In fact, the cure lies in his hands and people on his level- which are few,.

Portion control deos NOT solve severe obesity. it MAY only help peole like youself who are only mildly overweight.

Severe obesity , the kind the 600 pound virgin has is NOT cured. Guess what . he REGAINED AS I PREDICTED.

See here:

He is a WINNER and is active. He suffers from the COMPLEX CHRONIC DISEASE AND BIOLOGICAL PHENOMENON CALLED obesity. Diet and exercise do NOT treat obesity. it doe snot matter how much you believe it does - THE SCIENTIIC EVIDENCE DEMONSTRATES IT DOES NOT- NOT EVEN close. I have said this all along. Dr. Friedman CONFIRMS IT

650 pound comeback hike - YouTube

Last edited by RickSantos; 01-25-2013 at 10:35 AM..

Old 01-25-2013, 10:18 AM

17,353 posts, read 16,498,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
I'm not counting calories so much as portion sizes, but I am cutting out empty calories in drinks by drinking more water (less coffee and sweetened green tea, and no wine for now). I'm also trying to simply eat healthier (more leafy green vegetables and NO junk food), which automatically reduces my caloric intake.
Are you cutting out coffee because you put sweetener in it? Or are you cutting out coffee in general?

I drink quite a bit of water. But I also am drinking unsweetened green tea (with mint or a squeeze of lemon) because I like it and I also have heard that green tea actually helps you to lose fat if you are exercising.

I'm still drinking coffee - black, no cream, unsweetened. I have cut out wine. Beverage wise, nothing I drink has anything more than a trace amount of calories.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:32 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,486,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Are you cutting out coffee because you put sweetener in it? Or are you cutting out coffee in general?

I drink quite a bit of water. But I also am drinking unsweetened green tea (with mint or a squeeze of lemon) because I like it and I also have heard that green tea actually helps you to lose fat if you are exercising.

I'm still drinking coffee - black, no cream, unsweetened. I have cut out wine. Beverage wise, nothing I drink has anything more than a trace amount of calories.
I quit drinking calories too. Not even a fruit smoothie, because they just don't fill me up.

I gave up coffee years ago because some diet or other said you had to in order to lose weight but I didn't see any difference. I think I gave it 6 or 8 months and then went back to drinking my coffee in the morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss