Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 12:08 AM

355 posts, read 2,403,351 times

Advertisements

This is so true!!!! When I lost weight when I was younger, about 19 or so, mine shrank! And still are small, I hate it I went from a C cup to a very embarrasing A cup. But on the bright side, I also went from a size 12, almost 14 (I was a fat kid) to a now size 6 I think all my fat just transported down below because I have a large bottom half, but a skinny upper half---almost hourglass you could say but not quite But I'm like most women out there--I hate my body--especially 'that' part--I know I'll never get 'em back w/o surgery as I'm 3 years from turning 30 lol jk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2007, 04:15 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,734,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
I think keeping her wait down is more important then keeping the large breasts. Whenever you lose weight, your breasts and all parts of your body get smaller. If she wants to keep her breast large, I recommend a breast enhancement procedure.

Greenie
To add onto this, make sure your sister is losing weight the healthy way too. Being slim can be good, but not if she is doing it unhealthily and ruining her body in the long run.

As for losing the boobage, the answer is yes. I definitely went down a cup size and it was unfortunate.

Old 11-10-2007, 09:40 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new-to-CO View Post
This is so true!!!! When I lost weight when I was younger, about 19 or so, mine shrank! And still are small, I hate it I went from a C cup to a very embarrasing A cup. But on the bright side, I also went from a size 12, almost 14 (I was a fat kid) to a now size 6 I think all my fat just transported down below because I have a large bottom half, but a skinny upper half---almost hourglass you could say but not quite But I'm like most women out there--I hate my body--especially 'that' part--I know I'll never get 'em back w/o surgery as I'm 3 years from turning 30 lol jk
I hear you...I have the same kind of shape. I'd sure like to have a bigger upper half but it's not in the genes. At least with a larger lower half and if your are basically small as you sound like you are...it's pretty easy to make yourself look good with the right clothing. At least for me I find this true. Still would be nice to have a matching upper half!! At least we won't have back problems due to over-sized breasts! I keep trying to convince myself there are good things to being small breasted!! It's not easy!

Old 11-11-2007, 05:41 PM

168 posts, read 1,212,369 times
I think small boobs are great! Just tell her to go hang out with some runners--fit bodies and tiny boobs. They look fabulous b/c they are fit all over.

To answer the question though, yes, she will lose some. Boobs are fat so they go as other fat goes.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:18 AM

1 posts, read 9,091 times
Age does play a factor in weight loss, I am currently mid-30s and am working on taking off 20 lbs. According to the trainer I am working with doing weight taining can help you maintain your breast size or at least the appearance of it. I am currently a 38F and am told I will probably be a 36DD by the time I reach my weight goal..I can live with that. But doing exercises like push ups (even agains the wall) and butterflies (which can be done at home with water bottles) will help build the muscle behind you breast making them appear more full (this is working for me).

Old 07-12-2010, 02:21 PM

7,140 posts, read 12,675,471 times
Your sister may lose bra size with weight loss, but if she does some weight training or circuit training, she can develop her underlying pectoral muscles. This will make her breasts look fabulous and perky--no matter what size.

Old 07-12-2010, 02:29 PM

1,488 posts, read 5,239,653 times
If your sister is like most of the women in my weight loss group, she'll go from a size 38DD to a 34 Long. But don't tell her that......if she needs to lose weight, she needs to lose weight, not worry about her boobs - you can fake a good boob but it hard to fake a good body all over.

Old 07-12-2010, 02:35 PM

17,401 posts, read 16,547,378 times
I think the trick to avoiding a lot of sag is to lose weight at a very gradual pace, not too fast. Eat healthy - your skin will be healthier and more elastic regardless of your age. I think this goes for all parts of the body that are prone to sag after weight loss - tummy, butt, upper arms, boobs.

Upper body weight training makes a huge difference. Doing push ups (I do mine against the stairs) works/tones both arms and boobs.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:34 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,944 times
My "boob fat" was the first to go. It's still gone, but I'd rather be this way, then how I was before. There is always padded bras, or surgery..
My friend lost 80 lbs and she went down 2 cup sizes.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:33 AM

2,634 posts, read 2,679,942 times
Honestly, most guys don't care about boobs that much. DD are actually nasty, 'cause usually the person sporting them is obese. Breasts are mostly fat tissue, so if you are fat, then that's why your breasts are big, not because you are some sexy bombshell. I'd say guys care more about shape than size.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss