Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 11:17 AM

1,646 posts, read 3,491,134 times

Advertisements

In my case sport was even worse, I used to feel more hungry and that made more difficult to be on diet, you also gain muscles weight, it is not fat but weight anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2013, 11:19 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,422,020 times
Diet is more important.

I cannot tell you how many uber skinny people I know who are like that because they are insanely strict about diet or just don't eat. They don't exercise at all.

I don't work out to get skinny. That's not the way. Exercise has its own benefits for your overall health that should not be ignored. But diet is the way to skinniness. A good, clean, healthy diet. Not a fad diet.

Old 11-19-2013, 11:53 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,550,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbelle View Post
In my case sport was even worse, I used to feel more hungry and that made more difficult to be on diet, you also gain muscles weight, it is not fat but weight anyway.
Yes, you do gain muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. But so what? It's not the number on the scale that matters anyway. It's how fit you feel and look. Muscle beats out fat any time!

Old 11-19-2013, 11:59 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,550,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAcKhOuSe View Post
ive always done cardio at very high intensity. i was still losing 2 pounds a week. appetite is mostly psychological(chew gum, drink alot of water, and have small healthy snacks). i keep my heart rate at 170-190 for about 40 minutes when doing cardio. i can't help it, the music i listen to makes me redline.
Chew gum? That's the worse thing you can do. Chewing gum stimulates saliva and gastric juices which fools your stomach into thinking food is on its way and makes you even hungrier.

Old 11-21-2013, 03:19 PM

2,079 posts, read 3,211,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
Chew gum? That's the worse thing you can do. Chewing gum stimulates saliva and gastric juices which fools your stomach into thinking food is on its way and makes you even hungrier.
it doesnt make me hungrier. everyone is different. and chewing gum reduces my stress....so i think ill continue doing that

Old 11-22-2013, 03:07 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,049,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAcKhOuSe View Post
it doesnt make me hungrier. everyone is different. and chewing gum reduces my stress....so i think ill continue doing that

if it's a really minty gum, it will help curb hunger. If it's a sweet bubble gum, then yes, your belly is going to beg for something more.

I liken it to brushing your teeth and then eating something...not real pleasant.

Yes, you can lose weight just by dieting alone, but without exercise you're going to be flabby and I don't care if you're 300lbs of flabby or 150 lbs of flabby....neither one looks good. I'd rather have muscle tone, strong bones, a strong heart and no flabby areas.

Old 11-22-2013, 10:40 AM

2,079 posts, read 3,211,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
if it's a really minty gum, it will help curb hunger.
that's the only gum i chew, so that must be it

Quote:
I'd rather have muscle tone, strong bones, a strong heart and no flabby areas.
ditto
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss