Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2013, 12:12 AM

123 posts, read 176,866 times

Advertisements

I dont know about something. I am aiming for around 1200 calories a day. My schedule is intense so sometimes its over so I eat out atleast once a day. Ok so this is frequently that I miss 1200 goal. But I do excercize...I walk, go to gym, and joined a sport. Now obviously I'll burn calories. Say I burn 200 calories from excercize. My fitness app on my phone then says I have 200 extra free calories on this day. Does this mean I have to eat 200 more calories of food? You need calories, but also I know that you have to burn less calories than you take in. "
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2013, 05:22 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,803,843 times
You can't lose weight AND be healthy by measuring only calories and nothing else. Also, if you eat too -few- calories, it'll take -longer- to lose it, because your body goes into flight/fight mode and your metabolism starts burning it all up at a slower pace.

You need those calories to be nutritious, and filling. 1200 calories of lettuce ain't gonna do the trick. Neither will 1200 calories of hot wings with blue cheese sauce. When you say "sometimes" you overeat, you have to be honest with yourself and figure out how often that is. Also, eating out once a day is a meaningless phrase, unless by that you mean you eat a double whopper with cheese and bacon, a large fry, and a large coke at least once a day. Or unless you mean you eat a McSalad with no dressing and a bottle of water once a day.

Be honest with yourself, look at your nutritional intake. Maintain a healthy balance of fats, starches, sugars, proteins, fiber, vitamins and minerals, in modest portions, no matter where the food comes from or what it's made out of. In any given day's menu, you should have a minimum of sugars and starches. So if you're eating out every day, tug the bun away from the burger and eat it with a fork and knife. Skip the fries. Add a side salad with just plain oil and vinegar dressing. Ditch the pasta side dish, and go for the chicken parm, get a baked potato instead of fries, and don't put sour cream on it.

Justifying eating crap by having "an extra 200 calories to spend today" is not the way to fitness and good health.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:02 PM

123 posts, read 176,866 times
Didnt mean I was justifying it. I mean is it ok to eat an extra 200 calories a day (provided its healthy)?
I'm actually not hungry alot and dont believe in forcing myself to eat if I'm not hungry. (Maybe its a part of my childhood where food was rationed)...you ate only if 6ou were hungry. Like today I only drank 1 cup of coffee and 1 glass of water. But yes, I'm on my way to eat something now.......

Old 04-09-2013, 04:36 AM

34 posts, read 77,367 times
How much calories you take you have to burn more than that as the fats accumulate before of taking the meals. So you need to burn more calories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss