Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 04:17 PM

335 posts, read 409,932 times

Advertisements

Although I'm small potatoes (excuse so many me and I's) I can have an impact in attempting to get a congressional investigation of Big Pharma and physician's collaborating in an unlawful and health threatening distribution and ordering anti-cholesterol medication that has NOTHING to do with heart disease . Anti-cholesterol medications are a billion dollar business albeit extreme scam . I personally charge all hospitals ,physicians, VA clinics ,independent clinics outpatient centers, Immediate/Urgent Care facilities the FDA the EPA the incompetent College of Cardiologists ,Canadian and American pharmaceuticals of knowingly distributing anti-cholesterol medications for the following reasons.

1. Numerous side-effects (all ready established) ,but with a NEW caveat. The removal of cholesterol from brain tissue that
leads to dementia associated with the short circuiting of neurons . The removal of too much cholesterol from arteries
a major protector of same.
2. Purposely not ordering labs that include liver enzymes often (elevated twice normal). Not ordering GFR (often a severe
reduction of renal (kidney) flow (filtering), This is a collaborative effort to bury this information so as not to alarm their
victims (what isn't known won't hurt them unless the victim already has a compromised kidney from their equally neg-
ligent kidney damaging contrast media a separate issue.
3. The insurers and lawyers attempting to bring suit for lets say various statins are a ship of lay fools as they need an ad-
mission to a hospital based on the side effect(s) which is not only difficult the ER and in-house MD's D) are complicit
in the use of statins. Don't go there.
4. One of my chief my chief colaborators at VA a good cardiologist died, but I have a team that will bring the house of
cards down like a lead balloon and soon .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2014, 09:35 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,087,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
I'm proof lots of eggs and meat do not raise cholesterol or clog arteries.
How are you proof of this? Basic testing won't tell you how clogged your arteries are and even with excessive testing you still don't know for sure. The only way to really known how clogged your arteries are is by doing an autopsy. I imagine that you haven't had that done yet.

Old 04-20-2014, 08:21 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,735,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
How are you proof of this? Basic testing won't tell you how clogged your arteries are and even with excessive testing you still don't know for sure. The only way to really known how clogged your arteries are is by doing an autopsy. I imagine that you haven't had that done yet.
You have zero credibility. This comment is just like every other claim you make on here, false.

Old 04-20-2014, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
You have zero credibility. This comment is just like every other claim you make on here, false.
This is ironic considering so far all you've done is say "You're wrong" and post information from YouTube, etc by people without credentials in nutritional science.

If you think I'm wrong tell me what test you can conduct that would provide a complete picture of your cardiovascular health. The routine tests people get are just screening and they don't provide, in any sense, a complete picture. But there are some tests that can give you a good idea for particular conditions but they come with risks, for example a coronary angiography. With this test they insert a catheter into your artery and inject it with a radioactive solution so they can get an x-ray of your coronary arteries. But this test only tells you about your coronary arteries and would tell you nothing about blockages in other arteries. So, as I contend, the only way to get to currently get a complete picture of your cardiovascular health is with an autopsy.

When people eating high saturated fat diets claim that their arteries aren't clogged they are, the vast majority of the time, just assuming this is the case because they wish to believe that saturated fats don't effect cardiovascular health.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:36 AM

283 posts, read 385,611 times
Inflammation of the arteries from "zero cholesterol" processed oils (canola, corn, vegetable, soybean, etc), starches/sugars and excessive omega-6 intake are the actual cause of heart disease. Cholesterol is actually good for you. It is only when the lipids are oxidized from this cr@p food that you obtain heart disease. Cholesterol does exactly what it's supposed to do and heal the inflamed arteries. Only problem is that it causes a plaque to build over time. It is analogous to how your immune system, whose duty is to protect you from illness, actually kills you (e.g. Spanish Flu). High cholesterol maintains one's mental state and is essential in reproductive and sexual health. This is correlation, not necessarily causation, but ever notice the rise in demand for ADD and impotence "cures" since we as a nation adopted the low-fat fad decades ago? How come the American Heart Association licenses its logo for such "wholesome" food as Apple Jacks and Fruit Roll Ups? Why not soda and other low-fat foods/drinks?

Coconut, Avocado and olive oil are the only safe oils in existence. Coconut being by far the best. If anyone thinks coconut is bad for you, remember the CSPI article written in 1988 that poopoo'ed coconut oil said that you should have trans fats instead. Google "trans fat: not guilty as charged". I bet the vegetarians at that group would love to strip that journal article from search engine archives . Coconut oil has long chain saturated fats, which increase HDL, testosterone, among other health benefits.

Last edited by saigafreak; 04-23-2014 at 07:44 AM..

Old 04-23-2014, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saigafreak View Post
Inflammation of the arteries from "zero cholesterol" processed oils (canola, corn, vegetable, soybean, etc), starches/sugars and excessive omega-6 intake are the actual cause of heart disease.
The consumption of nuts and seeds, which are high in omega-6, is correlated with lower rates of heart disease which isn't what you'd except if higher omega-6 intake was a risk factor for heart disease. Also omega-6 fatty acids are the only fat that we have a big dietary need for (we need omega-3 as well but only around 2 grams a day) and have no dietary need for saturated fat.

Same goes with legumes and whole grains, very starchy foods, yet associated with lower rates of heart disease.

Quote:
Cholesterol is actually good for you. It is only when the lipids are oxidized from this cr@p food that you obtain heart disease. Cholesterol does exactly what it's supposed to do and heal the inflamed arteries.
Your body produces all the cholesterol your body needs so the idea that dietary cholesterol is "good for you" doesn't make much sense, the question is whether consuming a substance our bodies already make is harmful or not. Cholesterol doesn't "heal" things in your body, its used as a building material.

Processed foods aren't the only foods that contain oxidized fats. Oxidization occurs when you eat fats and cholesterol therefore the vast majority of consumed meats contain oxidized cholesterol and fat. When meats are cooked, especially with high heat in the case of BBQ, frying, etc, the fats and cholesterol become oxidized so under your theory these foods should be considered "cr@p food".

Quote:
If anyone thinks coconut is bad for you, remember the CSPI article written in 1988 that poopoo'ed coconut oil said that you should have trans fats instead. Google "trans fat: not guilty as charged". I bet the vegetarians at that group would love to strip that journal article from search engine archives . Coconut oil has long chain saturated fats, which increase HDL, testosterone, among other health benefits.
Why would vegetarians care whether coconut oil is better or worse trans-fats? Both are vegetarian!

Just because trans-fats are bad doesn't mean coconut oil is good for you, there is little reason to believe that coconut oil is healthful. And, actually, coconut oil is rich in medium chain saturated fats which is why some people believe it may be healthier than animal based saturated fat which is mostly long-chain.

Old 04-23-2014, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
Just because trans-fats are bad doesn't mean coconut oil is good for you, there is little reason to believe that coconut oil is healthful. And, actually, coconut oil is rich in medium chain saturated fats which is why some people believe it may be healthier than animal based saturated fat which is mostly long-chain.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coconut_oil

Quote:
Coconut oil contains a large proportion of lauric acid—a saturated fat that raises blood cholesterol levels by increasing the amount of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol and low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. This may create a more favourable blood cholesterol profile, although it is unclear whether coconut oil may promote atherosclerosis through other pathways.[30] Because much of the saturated fat of coconut oil is in the form of lauric acid, coconut oil may be a better alternative to partially hydrogenated vegetable oil when solid fats are required.[31] In addition, virgin coconut oil (VCO) is composed mainly of medium-chain triglycerides,[32] which may not carry the same risks as other saturated fats.[31][33]
Other than breast milk, there is very little in this world that contains lauric acid. "Zero cholesterol" oils are some of the worst things you can possibly ingest.

Quote:
If you think ‘bad’ or ‘high’ cholesterol contributes to heart disease, you have been deceived by the marketers of a mythical disease. The so-called ‘bad’ or LDL cholesterol is actually part of a natural healing process designed for repairing damaged arteries in your body.
http://commonground.ca/2012/02/cholesterol-healer/

Omega-6 is too prevalent in foods we eat, esp grain fed "low-fat" chicken breast for example. The distortion of O6/O3 is another cause of heart disease (inflammation). It's necessary for survival, but it's way too easy to get the minimal level required and even easier to exceed the recommended intake.

Last edited by saigafreak; 04-23-2014 at 04:15 PM..

Old 04-23-2014, 04:09 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,735,700 times
Quote:
Coconut oil contains a large proportion of lauric acid—a saturated fat that raises blood cholesterol levels by increasing the amount of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol and low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. This may create a more favourable blood cholesterol profile, although it is unclear whether coconut oil may promote atherosclerosis through other pathways.[30] Because much of the saturated fat of coconut oil is in the form of lauric acid, coconut oil may be a better alternative to partially hydrogenated vegetable oil when solid fats are required.[31] In addition, virgin coconut oil (VCO) is composed mainly of medium-chain triglycerides,[32] which may not carry the same risks as other saturated fats.[31][33]

Other than breast milk, there is very little in this world that contains lauric acid.

If you think ‘bad’ or ‘high’ cholesterol contributes to heart disease, you have been deceived by the marketers of a mythical disease. The so-called ‘bad’ or LDL cholesterol is actually part of a natural healing process designed for repairing damaged arteries in your body.
You have done your research. The ratio of HDL to LDL is what matters. If both HDL and LDL increases and the ratio remains constant there is no harm or foul. It's the same reason cholesterol from eggs aren't bad for you, even though many will say that eggs are horrible for your cholesterol.

Old 04-23-2014, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
You have done your research. The ratio of HDL to LDL is what matters. If both HDL and LDL increases and the ratio remains constant there is no harm or foul. It's the same reason cholesterol from eggs aren't bad for you, even though many will say that eggs are horrible for your cholesterol.
On top of that, if stuff like coconut oil shifts your LDL from a type B to type A, you're even better off because Type A does not cling to artery walls. My tris have decreased so the assumption is that this has happened with me.

Old 04-24-2014, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Other than breast milk, there is very little in this world that contains lauric acid. "Zero cholesterol" oils are some of the worst things you can possibly ingest.
Many foods contain lauric acid, for example, oats contain small amounts of it. Coconut oil is a zero cholesterol oil.

In any case, a fat that increases both HDL and LDL is a fat that would increase your total cholesterol.....not exactly a good thing.

So, as I said, there is no reason to believe that coconut oil is healthful. Also why would I want to consume some grease with no nutritional value?

Quote:
Omega-6 is too prevalent in foods we eat, esp grain fed "low-fat" chicken breast for example. The distortion of O6/O3 is another cause of heart disease (inflammation). It's necessary for survival, but it's way too easy to get the minimal level required and even easier to exceed the recommended intake.
Chicken is not a rich source of omega-6, in fact, chicken has more saturated fat than omega-6.

As I mentioned, if omega-6 fatty acids were indeed unhealthful you would see negative health consequences form eating nuts and seeds which tend to be high in omega-6. Per 100 calories, almonds have 4~5 times more omega-6 than chicken and almonds aren't even that high in omega-6 compared to other nuts and seeds. But you don't see negative consequences, instead eating nuts and seeds is associated with lower rates of heart disease.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss