Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 05:55 PM

40 posts, read 111,940 times

Advertisements

Heard alot about this product, and how it's great for weight loss.

Has anyone ever tried this? If so, how was it? did you lose weight?

F.Y.I yes I am excercising regularly, just looking for something to speed up weight loss... any

comments or suggestions would be great
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 07:17 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,817,400 times
Save your money. No pills work. You did not put on the weight fast why should it come off fast? Do you think if this pill actually worked it would be some secret that only a few people know about? It would be headline news. It would be sold everywhere.
Exercise is not the key to weight loss, reducing calories is. Clean up your diet and keep up with the exercise and you will lose weight.

Old 03-20-2014, 03:24 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,015,105 times
If you want to lose weight quickly...limit your daily calorie intake to 1200 and no less...and exercise every day. there is not pill or shot that is going to make you lose weight successfully (as in keep it off for years)

eat less, move more....the 'diet' plan that actually works

Old 03-20-2014, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Save your money. No pills work. You did not put on the weight fast why should it come off fast? Do you think if this pill actually worked it would be some secret that only a few people know about? It would be headline news. It would be sold everywhere.
Exercise is not the key to weight loss, reducing calories is. Clean up your diet and keep up with the exercise and you will lose weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
If you want to lose weight quickly...limit your daily calorie intake to 1200 and no less...and exercise every day. there is not pill or shot that is going to make you lose weight successfully (as in keep it off for years)

eat less, move more....the 'diet' plan that actually works

Thanks for the responses. I actually am trying to eat healthier and lower my caloric intake

Old 03-20-2014, 07:52 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,637,605 times
yep, stay away from any pill or hormone or quick-fix people try to sell you. The only proven way to lose weight is long term caloric restriction. It's really that simple, unfortunately for companies looking to make bank, you can't really sell caloric restriction. Doesn't stop them from trying though.

Enter ridiculous diets like the HCG one that's enjoying it's 5 minutes of fame at the moment. Distract people with a fancy sounding hormone that they have to buy, while really just putting them on a severely restricted energy intake diet.

Old 03-21-2014, 03:24 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,015,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulThinkingg View Post
Thanks for the responses. I actually am trying to eat healthier and lower my caloric intake

Keep a food log and log every bite (and it's caloric value) that goes into your mouth...including liquid calories.

People who claim they can't lose weight are shocked to see just how much they are really eating on their "low calorie" diet. I have the Calorie King book that I love, love, love!!! I'm sure there's an app, but I haven't looked for it (might do that today) it's a great guide and very helpful.

Old 03-21-2014, 07:38 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,419,192 times
Look at your user name...that pretty much sums it up. There is no magic pill that will make you lose weight.

Old 03-21-2014, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Keep a food log and log every bite (and it's caloric value) that goes into your mouth...including liquid calories.

People who claim they can't lose weight are shocked to see just how much they are really eating on their "low calorie" diet. I have the Calorie King book that I love, love, love!!! I'm sure there's an app, but I haven't looked for it (might do that today) it's a great guide and very helpful.
That is exactly what I am going to do. And definitely get into portion controlling. I am also going to look up that book youjust mentioned.

Old 03-21-2014, 07:40 PM

489 posts, read 1,324,734 times
Despite what others are saying, phentermine does work. Here's the caveat though- it works IF you combine it with other methods like reducing calories and/or exercise. Yes, those things will work without the phentermine. Where it helps is that it's an appetite suppressant and mild stimulant, so it can make it easier to get started on your healthy new habits. One of my biggest problems getting started on a diet is the sugar cravings. Phentermine helped with that, since the first week or so that I took it, it completely blocked my hunger and helped me not crave anything. Now that I cleansed my body of all the junk I was putting in it, I no longer have cravings. I've been on Phen for a month. I have a prescription for 37.5, but usually only take half a pill just as a mild hunger blocker. I don't really experience the stimulant aspect of it since I'm not taking the whole pill. I've had great success, but I've worked very hard. I strictly monitor my calories and carbs, and have also been experimenting with other methods such as intermittent fasting. I've always had a big appetite, and the phen helps me to not overeat. There's no such thing as a magic pill, but phen can still be useful.

Old 03-21-2014, 09:04 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,817,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris000 View Post
Despite what others are saying, phentermine does work. Here's the caveat though- it works IF you combine it with other methods like reducing calories and/or exercise. Yes, those things will work without the phentermine. Where it helps is that it's an appetite suppressant and mild stimulant, so it can make it easier to get started on your healthy new habits. One of my biggest problems getting started on a diet is the sugar cravings. Phentermine helped with that, since the first week or so that I took it, it completely blocked my hunger and helped me not crave anything. Now that I cleansed my body of all the junk I was putting in it, I no longer have cravings. I've been on Phen for a month. I have a prescription for 37.5, but usually only take half a pill just as a mild hunger blocker. I don't really experience the stimulant aspect of it since I'm not taking the whole pill. I've had great success, but I've worked very hard. I strictly monitor my calories and carbs, and have also been experimenting with other methods such as intermittent fasting. I've always had a big appetite, and the phen helps me to not overeat. There's no such thing as a magic pill, but phen can still be useful.
Yeah, and once you stop taking it you go back to your old habits. Ditch it. You will fare much better in the long run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss