Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 03:05 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,009,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbird View Post
I have tried HCG before and lost 35 pounds last year. It definitely does work and I know several other people who have been very successful on the HCG drops and have kept the weight off. You have to be careful when you get to the maintenance step. It is relatively easy to do.

The drops go for fat pockets in the body to burn it off, not the muscle or lean body tissue. Fat stores nutrition among other things and your body gets up to 3,000 calories a day burning fat as well as jam-packed nutrition in the drops so you never are cutting back, like on a starvation diet. You are correct in that people don't understand the diet and have never tried it so call it a scam. It is definitely not a scam and is well worth the money. It is the only thing that works for me and other people who have tried diets, hitting the gym, etc. It is a god-send for many people!

And how much of that 35 lbs did you back on and how many friends did it bring along?

These 'diet' does not work...not at all....what does work is portion control (you have to strictly control you caloric intake on this diet and that's why you lose weight) and daily exercise.

You cannot sustain yourself on 500 calories a day......HGC does nothing for you, B12 shots do nothing for you, none of those 'weight loss' pills, potions and supplements do anything for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 08:39 AM

4,559 posts, read 5,413,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
4 women friends have been very successful doing the drops...2 said they were still hungry.
Which doesn't make sense bec the hormone would be using their fat for fuel.
One sign it is working is you're not hungry. Go figure.
I can't comment much more on it bec I don't know much about their cases,
or the company they purchased it from, sorry.

Any talk of it being a scam, sorry is not true at all...it always comes from
people that have not done it...you have unlimited greens, kale, spinach...a tomato a day or apple a day.
6-7 ounces of lean meat, some melba toast....endless salad with some lemon, vinegar, or tamari...
Just no oil...sound nutritionally that bad to you?
I bet you will eat way more dark leafy vegetables on this then most people here eat regularly...and less
saturated fat....doesn't sound bad to me.
Miss Hepburn, I find it quite interesting that you posted your response 19 minutes after the one time poster OP. Would be interesting if the MODS could check the IP addresses of both you and the OP because I think it could be the same.

I also find it interesting how its almost always people who say "I know of someone who has tried it....." or "I know someone who knows someone who has tried it....".

IT IS A SCAM!!! Any smart person (or even a dumb person) can figure out that its a scam by Googling it. They will find that the ONLY websites that give positive reviews are websites that sell/promote the stuff. The negative reviews are ALWAYS independent reviewers or people who have nothing to do with the crap.

Even the government has gone on record saying that its a SCAM. People who work in the health/fitness/weight loss world say its a SCAM. People who talk to their own personal family physicians will find out its a SCAM. Independent case studies say its a SCAM.

People here will create new user profiles and start posts like:

"Where in (INSERT CITY HERE) can I find a doctor to prescribe HCG?"
"Does HCG work? I heard from people who say it works?"

These are always single or double digit posters (i.e., have between 1-50 posts history) who then create another profile and respond within just a few minutes of the original post and say:

"Oh it works great. Don't listen to the naysayers because I tried it and it works".

Its people scamming other people.

HCG does not work.

Old 07-06-2014, 03:07 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,685,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa612 View Post
Are there any gals out there that have done the HCG drops, that are slightly overweight or not overweight? I gained weight the past year, and I'm trying to jump start my weight loss with something fast. I'm 5"1', 127 lbs. I used to be 108 - 115 until the past year. I would like to hear from women who have lost those last 10-20 lbs, even thought they aren't "technically" overweight. I like being very fit, but lost my way with a very difficult year (loss of my father, loss of my job).

HCG drops are a waste of money. HCG does NOT absorb orally, at least not well enough to make any kind of a difference. You wonder why if you go to the doctor and request a specific hormone, typically they will give you injections? What happens is that whatever miniscule amount of HCG is actually in these products will get cleaved and broken down into their various respective amino acids which the body will allocate towards what it purposes it deems are most beneficial.

Better than spending your money on crap supplements that don't work, put it towards a consultation with a professional dietician who can help you on your way to a healthy and balanced diet that will result in consistent weight loss over time.

Old 07-06-2014, 03:12 PM

Quote:
This is the deal, and insults don't belong here...the people taking the injections were not hungry...s
sometimes with the 500 cal a day diet they thought in the evening, "Do I have to even eat the 3.5 ounces
of chicken?....ok, I will bec it's part of the prodical."

Anyone, not taking HCG injections or some of the drops (apparently some drops work fine, some don't)
would be famished!!
You just can not do 500 cal a day and be FINE!

People that fast also tend to lose their appetite for a period of time. Its no magic associated with the HCG, just part of the bodies normal mechanisms to adapt to a lack of food.

Old 07-06-2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbird View Post
I have tried HCG before and lost 35 pounds last year. It definitely does work and I know several other people who have been very successful on the HCG drops and have kept the weight off. You have to be careful when you get to the maintenance step. It is relatively easy to do.

The drops go for fat pockets in the body to burn it off, not the muscle or lean body tissue. Fat stores nutrition among other things and your body gets up to 3,000 calories a day burning fat as well as jam-packed nutrition in the drops so you never are cutting back, like on a starvation diet. You are correct in that people don't understand the diet and have never tried it so call it a scam. It is definitely not a scam and is well worth the money. It is the only thing that works for me and other people who have tried diets, hitting the gym, etc. It is a god-send for many people!

This is about as "bro-sciency" as bro science gets. Nothing about what is written here has any sort of scientific legitimacy of any kind. Anyone with even a first semester college biology education knows this is nonsense.

You starved yourself and paid money for a placebo to make you feel better about the decision to starve yourself, simple as that.

Old 02-14-2016, 11:45 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times
I see people are still reading this HCG thread....so...
Allow me to add...there are draw backs...(This is not to those that have
not used this and so do not know....have no personal experience...)

The HCG seems to, haha, suck fat out of you ...so you may be left
with crepe skin...and you really will not be happy when collagen is no longer
under your neck skin.

Just sayin'.

Old 02-14-2016, 05:42 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
I see people are still reading this HCG thread....so...
Allow me to add...there are draw backs...(This is not to those that have
not used this and so do not know....have no personal experience...)

The HCG seems to, haha, suck fat out of you ...so you may be left
with crepe skin...and you really will not be happy when collagen is no longer
under your neck skin.

Just sayin'.
Since HCG does not cause weight loss, you will not have to worry about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss