Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 11:01 AM

145 posts, read 185,996 times

Advertisements

skip breakfast
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 04:40 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,774,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlotia View Post
Hello, Did someone of you heard of weight loss product reductan? Because I heard it was very effective, and I want to use it. If anyone knows more, please give me advice. Thank you.
Every single person whose testimonial appears on their website says it works great for them! I highly recommend you e-mail all those people and ask to meet them. That way you can see for yourself how awesome it is.

We'll be waiting here for your update on the results of those meetings!

Old 04-11-2014, 11:09 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,288,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Every single person whose testimonial appears on their website says it works great for them! I highly recommend you e-mail all those people and ask to meet them. That way you can see for yourself how awesome it is.

We'll be waiting here for your update on the results of those meetings!

Cha de Bugre extract and the well known Garcinia Cambogia.

You Really think thats going to shed the pounds??

I think a Paleo diet would work better than some pill comprised of odd sounding ingredients..

Old 04-11-2014, 11:19 AM

1,509 posts, read 1,794,861 times
Default arnhald's advice is...

stay hungry

Old 04-13-2014, 03:08 AM

6 posts, read 5,630 times
in case this helps with what you are eating - one obstacle i have found whenever changing my diet, even in the simplest way, is to persist until my body adjusts.

I remember i used to eat hardly any salads. Then one day i decided i simply had to. Of course i had to experiment a bit to find something i sort of liked.
But it took a while to go from "i don't really like this but i will force myself to eat it" until, slowly by body adapted and actually realised salad was good for me!

Now, when i eat salad my body feels refreshed. I eat other foods too, but now i enjoy salads - something i never thought possible when i started!

same thing with drinks - you might think plain water is just too tasteless, but push yourself to drink it, soon you will find it is not so bad.

so if you are in the early stages of changing your diet, stick at it!

Old 04-16-2014, 06:14 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,375,525 times
If all you care about is losing weight simply reduce your average calorie intake. If you are maintaining your current weight right now, figure out how many calories you eat each day (over like a 7 day average) then reduce that number by a percentage.

There's NO rocket science involved if your only goal is losing weight. You eat less calories that you burn. The only science is figuring out how much you need to cut, which is trial and error and not hard at all. a 2-3lb loss a week is typically the max I would suggest to remain healthy, unless someone is incredibly obese.

Forget about all the stupid fad diets, point systems, etc. People spend more time researching and confusing themselves when they could simply eat less.

Of course, eating healthier is ideal as well, but you didn't really mention that you are some fitness person or health nut, just that you want to lose weight.

Old 04-16-2014, 06:37 AM

If the only thing you want to do is lose weight, simply stop eating. You'll lose weight, guaranteed.

If you want advice on how you should lose weight and be fit and healthy, there's a few things you can do:

1. Follow any of the "diet programs" here you read on the internet, and hope that whichever one you try doesn't make you sick, kill you, make you fat, discourage fitness, or do absolutely nothing at all.
2. Check with a nutritionist (up close and personal - not a website) who can work with a fitness trainer.
3. Approach your goal with plain old common sense: if you're eating a lot of sugary or starchy things, reduce your consumption of them. If you're drinking soda, stop drinking soda. If you're not exercising, start. If you are exercising, try another 15 minutes of it. If you're eating 5 FULL-sized meals every day with lots of creamy dressing on your salads, reduce it to only two FULL-sized meals every day, have the salad as a third meal but substitute the creamy dressing for lemon juice or a vinaigrette, and start learning to enjoy nuts and fruits for snacks inbetween meals.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:05 AM

145 posts, read 185,996 times
Like I said, skip breakfast and learn to live a little bit hungry.

Naturally thin people do it all the time.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:34 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,375,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve035 View Post

Why? It would be better to skip dinner. Your body actually digests and burns many of the calories you eat early in the day. When people load up and carb ridden dinners then go to bed, is when the body doesn't have a chance to burn them, nor digest them as easily, and store them as fat. I typically suggest for most people to have the majority of their carbs in the morning and taper them off throughout the rest of the day.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve035 View Post

So do anorexics.
So do many obese people.
So do many sick people.

As I said to the OP - pick ANY "diet" on the internet and follow it. It doesn't matter which one. Even the Twinkie diet will make you lose weight. It won't make you healthy, but sure you'll lose weight.

Not eating anything at all, ever, will also make you lose weight.

Getting your stomach stapled will also make you lose weight.

There is nothing special about skipping breakfast, that will make you lose weight any more efficiently than simply not eating at all, 24/7, indefinitely.

Breakfast = "The meal that breaks your fast." Your first meal of the day following sleep is - by definition - breakfast. Whether you eat it at 6AM or not til 1PM, it is your first meal and is therefore breakfast.

Skipping breakfast, by definition, means "don't eat." Because as soon as you eat, you have just consumed breakfast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss