Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 07:25 AM

17 posts, read 11,083 times

Advertisements

working out and a eating healthy are the keys to weight loss! For me one of the most effective changes was to stop drinking soda and change to water instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2017, 06:32 PM

5,535 posts, read 7,105,410 times
Off and on over the years I use the old but very effective Scarsdale Diet by the late Dr. Tarnower.

I cheat a lot.

Then when I tire of that, either the GNC or EAS shakes are great as meal replacements.

Works good for me, I've lost ~40 lbs in 6 months, with some mild exercise.

One interesting point Tarnower made was that dieters will often inexplicably gain weight sometime during their routine, but that is normal...just keep at it, don't get discouraged, you'll resume with the weight loss soon. He's right. His terrific book is probably out of print now, but some of the info is still online.

Old 10-27-2017, 05:28 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,416,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomR82 View Post
working out and a eating healthy are the keys to weight loss! For me one of the most effective changes was to stop drinking soda and change to water instead.
I've gotten away from soda for a long, long time now after pretty much a lifetime of drinking the stuff - now I've got to work on the light beer.....maybe once the current stock is exhausted....I guess one could say I'm in the contemplative phase....maybe precontemplative.

https://www.builtlean.com/2010/06/01...ge-are-you-in/

Old 10-27-2017, 06:59 PM

Always weigh yourself first thing after arising in the morning, that's when you'll be the lightest.

Old 11-03-2017, 09:09 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
Off and on over the years I use the old but very effective Scarsdale Diet by the late Dr. Tarnower.

I cheat a lot.

Then when I tire of that, either the GNC or EAS shakes are great as meal replacements.

Works good for me, I've lost ~40 lbs in 6 months, with some mild exercise.

One interesting point Tarnower made was that dieters will often inexplicably gain weight sometime during their routine, but that is normal...just keep at it, don't get discouraged, you'll resume with the weight loss soon. He's right. His terrific book is probably out of print now, but some of the info is still online.
All you need is the basic diet, which can be found online. I did the same, but usually some modified form of it and for short periods.

Was just thinking about this. I stopped eating meat two years ago, but it was easier to lose weight when I ate meat. I went vegetarian, but have resumed eating fish for several reasons. So, I was thinking of doing a Scarsdalish week or two using fish and eggs for the high protein part.

Old 11-08-2017, 05:05 AM

The late Dr. Tarnower's back story in the old tabloids was rather a hoot, too.

Old 11-08-2017, 05:13 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
I got some Lotus leaf tea online. (Any form works) -Chinese herb...
I alternate days with one capsule of Hoodia.
I don't even think about food...finally.

Old 11-08-2017, 08:23 AM

2 posts, read 1,274 times
List of products that can help you to lose weight, but you need to be care bero unig them, consult with a doctor
Garcinia Cambogia Extract
Hydroxycut
Caffeine
Orlistat (Alli)
Raspberry Ketones
Green Coffee Bean Extract
Glucomannan
Meratrim
Green Tea Extract
Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA)
Forskolin
Bitter Orange

Old 11-08-2017, 09:09 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,812,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickMu View Post
List of products that can help you to lose weight, but you need to be care bero unig them, consult with a doctor
Garcinia Cambogia Extract
Hydroxycut
Caffeine
Orlistat (Alli)
Raspberry Ketones
Green Coffee Bean Extract
Glucomannan
Meratrim
Green Tea Extract
Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA)
Forskolin
Bitter Orange
You do not need any of those for successful weight loss.

Old 11-10-2017, 10:00 AM

83 posts, read 67,719 times
Eat real food and not food products.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss