Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 06:25 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,770,834 times

Advertisements

Total calories 140
Sugar calories 104

That's 70% sugar. My opinion stands. You'd be better off not having any veggies at all, and eating a couple pieces of fruit. Take a multi-vitamin if you have a vitamin/mineral deficiency (or are on the low side but not technically deficient).

Or, discover vegetables that you DO like, and start eating them.

Or, continue to justify your bad habits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 06:33 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,036,696 times
I thought about the sugar too.

If you are game, vitamix has a great mixer and you can make your own green smoothies and control the fructose that way. Just go slowly if your not used to lots of veggies cause it can cause digestive distress.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:02 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,367,033 times
Missing alfalfa for me. The amt of sugar is ridiculous.
Lemon bioflavonoids is one of the top best things in there...I am
surprised by all your comments.

I always have dulce...in fact my hair person just said this week,
"Your hair looks really healthy, so shiney."

What I know about pineapples and Dole...it would not be for me.
I might tolerate the apple concentrate for the sake of the drink.
I was impressed it had barley and wheat grass.

I see no reason to use so much sweet fruit.
Apple or grape juice for a little sweetning would be adequate, imo.
So this looks like a "weight gain" drink to me with just a few good greens.

I would use a rice or almond milk base...and buy the greens in powder form
from my Health Food Store from their jars...barley, beets,spirulina...or buy in a tub already combined.
Mine has so much...broccolli, carrots, etc ...all powdered.
No fruit...I add that fresh and organic.
I add yogurt or my super probiotic homemade kefir and a banana and
berries.

This would turn me into a blimp or maybe a diabetic.

Old 06-05-2014, 11:58 AM

30,251 posts, read 23,725,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Total calories 140
Sugar calories 104

That's 70% sugar. My opinion stands. You'd be better off not having any veggies at all, and eating a couple pieces of fruit. Take a multi-vitamin if you have a vitamin/mineral deficiency (or are on the low side but not technically deficient).

Or, discover vegetables that you DO like, and start eating them.

Or, continue to justify your bad habits.
I'm sorry, have I not made it clear to you in the past that I don't really care about your opinion? You're one of the nastiest posters on here. Do me a favor, stop responding to my posts. Thank you.

Old 06-05-2014, 12:01 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,770,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I'm sorry, have I not made it clear to you in the past that I don't really care about your opinion? You're one of the nastiest posters on here. Do me a favor, stop responding to my posts. Thank you.
This is a public forum. You have the ignore feature available to you. If you don't want to read my opinion, you have two choices:

Stop posting where I might read your posts and have an opinion on the topic or
Put me on ignore.

If you don't want to hear peoples' opinions, don't ask for them.

Old 06-05-2014, 12:03 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,725,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Missing alfalfa for me. The amt of sugar is ridiculous.
Lemon bioflavonoids is one of the top best things in there...I am
surprised by all your comments.

I always have dulce...in fact my hair person just said this week,
"Your hair looks really healthy, so shiney."

What I know about pineapples and Dole...it would not be for me.
I might tolerate the apple concentrate for the sake of the drink.
I was impressed it had barley and wheat grass.

I see no reason to use so much sweet fruit.
Apple or grape juice for a little sweetning would be adequate, imo.
So this looks like a "weight gain" drink to me with just a few good greens.

I would use a rice or almond milk base...and buy the greens in powder form
from my Health Food Store from their jars...barley, beets,spirulina...or buy in a tub already combined.
Mine has so much...broccolli, carrots, etc ...all powdered.
No fruit...I add that fresh and organic.
I add yogurt or my super probiotic homemade kefir and a banana and
berries.

This would turn me into a blimp or maybe a diabetic.
As I stated in the beginning, I'm not using it as a weight loss thing, I don't care about weight loss. I picked it up because it has some veggies in it, maybe not much, but it is more than I'm getting now. I will not eat those vegetables because I do not like them, at all, and I'm not going to waste my money on them. I was asking if it would be okay as a drink to get some veggies that I will otherwise never eat, ever.

As for fruit sugar, are you all telling me that eating a bunch of fruits is bad for you? Really? Because you're going to get that fruit sugar if you eat apples, bananas, pineapples whole...so what is the difference? Now we are to limit our fruit intake?

Old 06-05-2014, 07:03 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,813,688 times
If you like it drink it. It is not going to hurt you even though there is a lot of sugar in it. In no way is it comparable to eating veggies or whole fruit, but you already know that. So what exactly do you want to know?

Old 06-06-2014, 06:45 PM

36 posts, read 49,118 times
I drink something similar every morning. I know I don't get enough veggies, so I use that juice of pure carrot juice as my breakfast. The great thing about the green juice is my nails and hair look awesome.

Old 06-07-2014, 09:08 AM

50,723 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
As I stated in the beginning, I'm not using it as a weight loss thing, I don't care about weight loss. I picked it up because it has some veggies in it, maybe not much, but it is more than I'm getting now. I will not eat those vegetables because I do not like them, at all, and I'm not going to waste my money on them. I was asking if it would be okay as a drink to get some veggies that I will otherwise never eat, ever.

As for fruit sugar, are you all telling me that eating a bunch of fruits is bad for you? Really? Because you're going to get that fruit sugar if you eat apples, bananas, pineapples whole...so what is the difference? Now we are to limit our fruit intake?
The difference is when you eat the whole fruit, you get the fiber, too. Even then it should be limited. Fruit juice is almost worthless.

Fruit Juice is Just as Unhealthy as a Sugary Drink

Healthy or Not So Much? Which Juices To Drink As You Work For a Flat Belly - ABC News

"2. Keep it green. Fruits add sweetness to juices, which is great for beginners getting used to the idea of an all-veggie juice; but they can also add a lot of sugar. Adding too many fruits can easily turn your healthy drink into a high-sugar dessert that spikes blood insulin levels and leaves you sluggish. In fact, just one serving of fruit juice a day can increase your risk of developing type 2 diabetes by as much as 21 percent, according to Harvard researchers. A tall glass of fruit juice can pack around 50 grams of sugar — more than twice the daily recommendation of the American Heart Association for women, and more than a full day’s worth for men. As a rule of thumb, see that the majority of ingredients in your juice is green in color. (Cucumber and celery are low-calorie ways of adding sweetness to your drink.)

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 06-07-2014 at 09:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss