Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 11:49 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,398,441 times

Advertisements

At 265lbs and much health issues as a result i need to lose at least the 65lbs and preferably another 20 on top of that, while sitting in a mall parking lot today a Corvette rolls up in front of us,i commented to my wife how much i'd like a car like that whereupon she says if you can lose 65lbs i'll give you $30K toward the purchase of a used Vette.
Damn i'm starving..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2014, 12:15 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,420,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
At 265lbs and much health issues as a result i need to lose at least the 65lbs and preferably another 20 on top of that, while sitting in a mall parking lot today a Corvette rolls up in front of us,i commented to my wife how much i'd like a car like that whereupon she says if you can lose 65lbs i'll give you $30K toward the purchase of a used Vette.
Damn i'm starving..

That's some great motivation!

Here's something I use that might give you a little boost, too, just in case.

Weight Loss and Sleep/Insomnia Hypnotherapy | LiberationInMind.com

It's 3 different free hypnosis sessions. One of them specifically targets motivation. You can get access to different versions by subscribing to his site, but it's not necessary.

Hope you'll be enjoying that Vette very soon.

Old 05-27-2014, 02:28 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,642,480 times
Time to get it done!

Just keep in mind that you have to keep the 65 off, otherwise it doesn't count. A break in tennis isn't legit until you hold your next service game, ya dig?

Old 06-04-2014, 06:31 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,826,839 times
Herbaliz, go away--that's against the rules here.

Old 06-06-2014, 01:48 AM

88 posts, read 192,472 times
Drink green tea before breakfast, I think this specifically targets motivation I am suggesting you to drink green tea because this is totally safe and natural and it can help you lose weight in a completely natural way

Old 06-06-2014, 05:57 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,830,544 times
So JohnTice, let me get this straight. According to your other posts and this one:

1. Raspberry ketones is a great way to lose weight, you've tried it successfully.
2. Green tea targets motivation.
3. Green tea is a great way to lose weight, you've tried it successfully.
4. You don't recommend keeping track of calories, because eating healthy and drinking green tea is all you need to do to lose weight.
5. Instead of exercise, you drink green tea. Because obviously, tea is a perfectly good replacement for exercise.
6. If you want to know whether or not you're bloated, look at your urine. Yellow urine means you're bloated. And green tea can fix that.
7. You think fasting is a great way to lose weight, you've done it successfully.

Care to provide links to actual valid, peer-reviewed medical studies that support your opinions? Because if you can't, I'll just have to assume that you're a shill for the green tea industry, and really have no idea what you're talking about.

Old 06-06-2014, 11:24 AM

4,571 posts, read 5,443,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Damn i'm starving..
That wouldn't be motivating to me. Its just taking $$ out of one pocket and putting it into another.

But if that works for you fine.

How are things going? Give us a status update.

Old 06-06-2014, 11:26 AM

4,571 posts, read 5,443,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
So JohnTice, let me get this straight. According to your other posts and this one:

1. Raspberry ketones is a great way to lose weight, you've tried it successfully.
4. You don't recommend keeping track of calories, because eating healthy and drinking green tea is all you need to do to lose weight.
5. Instead of exercise, you drink green tea. Because obviously, tea is a perfectly good replacement for exercise.
6. If you want to know whether or not you're bloated, look at your urine. Yellow urine means you're bloated. And green tea can fix that.
7. You think fasting is a great way to lose weight, you've done it successfully.

Care to provide links to actual valid, peer-reviewed medical studies that support your opinions? Because if you can't, I'll just have to assume that you're a shill for the green tea industry, and really have no idea what you're talking about.
LOL. AnonChick this is great.

Old 06-10-2014, 02:29 PM

50,423 posts, read 64,172,963 times
I think the only motivation is to look good and feel good. You only have one body. You cannot be either looking good or feeling good at your weight.
Go pick up a 5# bag of sugar and imagine how hard it is on your body to carry around the equivalent of 17 bags of sugar.
You don't say how old you are, but past a certain age, your joints will start to give out and the extra strain from the weight can really cripple you.
If its any consolation, men seem to lose weight a lot easier and faster than women, so a year from now you could be where you want to be. ..and in the Corvette.
If you have really bad eating habits, like too much beer, donuts or fast food, the weight would just fall off if you eliminated these foods. Piece of cake. LOL.

Old 06-10-2014, 02:31 PM

50,423 posts, read 64,172,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post

LOL, he's from LA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss