Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2014, 08:58 AM

16 posts, read 16,751 times

Advertisements

She is leading the way trying to get people to STOP dieting and just live our lives playfully by honoring our bodies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 09:15 AM

4,588 posts, read 5,468,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSneedman View Post
She is leading the way trying to get people to STOP dieting and just live our lives playfully by honoring our bodies.
She sounds both stupid and fat. The best way to honor our bodies is to take care of it by fueling it properly and doing whatever we can to improve its function and performance. Our bodies are the vehicles/vessels that we are given while we are here on this plane, it is our responsibility to 'honor" it by making sure we take as good care of it as possible.

You wouldn't drive your car around with the "CHECK ENGINE" light on. You wouldn't put regular unleaded in it when it clearly says to use PREMIUM only. Its the same with out bodies. This whole "love and accept your body" b.s. that a lot of lazy fat people talk about is absolutely ridiculous. Its just them making excuses for their laziness to do what needs to be done to lose weight.

While I am not a "dieter" (I prefer to eat proper nutrition plan) there are people who NEED to diet in order to prevent heart disease, diabetes, or worst and early DEATH that would leave their kids parentless.

Also, not going to google this Bacon lady either because from what you say, it sounds like she is just propagating the whole "Im a loser, so I'll just accept it" mentality that so many lazy people spout.

You know how my yoga teachers honor their bodies? They are either vegitarians or they eat strictly paleo nutrition lifestyle and they exercise.

You know how my internal martial arts instructors honor their bodies? By eating only health foods and well rounded nutrition plans and they exercise. They aren't "well Im fat, my mother was fat, her mother was fat, so Im always going to be this way so I think Im just going to enjoy my sweet tea, fatty food, breads, cakes and desserts and be happy....".

Last edited by Kings Gambit; 06-19-2014 at 10:26 AM..

Old 06-19-2014, 11:33 AM

1,553 posts, read 929,678 times
Well said, Kings

The astounding number of overweight and obese people in this country is a national disgrace, in my view...

Old 01-25-2016, 10:48 PM

1 posts, read 782 times
Kings Gambit, i agree with what you wrote except that by not googling Linda Bacon you are allowing yourself to make an assumption and dismiss her as simply someone who is "just propagating...". Well, she is far more dangerous than that. I just read an article co-written by her in which she makes up facts in order to support her premise, she makes lame arguments about the causes of diseases like diabetes that she pretends overturn the research concerning the obesity-diabetes link and then moves on to make ten more pages of points with that as her foundation argument. she is a doctor for pete's sake. She has to know that only controlled scientific studies can change the facts as understood from previous scientific research, but she writes as if a few sentences of her faulty "logic" is enough to contradict and thus refute all scientific studies regarding obesity. Women love her and she is dangerous. I wish that logical people like you would take the time to put down people like Linda Bacon. If enough do it, she could be exposed, at least to some people, as what she really is. But fat women love anyone, especially a doctor, who tells them it's okay to be fat.

Last edited by Larry Cook; 01-25-2016 at 10:51 PM.. Reason: grammar and addressed to incorrect poster
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss