Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2015, 10:10 AM

2 posts, read 8,309 times

Advertisements

Greetings. First post.

I'm currently 36 days in to the 60 day juice diet. Extended it to 90 days. (watched the Aussie 60 day diet on Netflix) So thought why not. I've tried everything else.

I also go to the gym twice a day. 60 mins cardio + 40 mins weights in the morning, evening i do 50-100 lengths of the 20 metre pool.

I was originally 101 kgs when i weighed in 36 days ago. Now i am at 93.1 kgs. I normally weigh myself every 4 days. My last weigh in i have only dropped 1 kg. I'm thinking it could be due to me doing heavier weights now and knowing muscle weighs more than fat. So i am switching to tape measure and the mirror.

I am Male, Aged 42. The reason for me doing this is to basically get a beach body but also because i was 25.2% body fat and thought it's now or never.

The question i have is, would supplements (Protein shakes, BCAA etc) help me with the loosing weight. I don't want BIG muscle gains. I just want the 6 pack to show through and once i am at that stage. Then i will add muscle. Hopefully that all made sense

Dan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 11:08 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,563,680 times
Reducing your calories over a good period of time will help you with L-O-S-I-N-G weight. Supplements are for bodybuilders. Are you going to drink the juice the rest of your life? Do you know how to eat so that you can indeed get to that 6 pack? I hope you do.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:13 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,563,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny444444 View Post
knowing muscle weighs more than fat.
This is just semantics and don't know why I'm tackling this when I've already lost my victory over getting people to spell LOSE correctly, BUT, I'll say it anyway:

Muscle is more dense than fat, so it takes up less room. So theoretically, you could look flabby on January 1 and weigh 155, and then really build up some muscle and look toned and trim on June 1 and weigh 165.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:22 AM

2 posts, read 8,309 times
Forget i said anything.

Found another forum that doesn't have a go at you for asking a question.

Everyone had to start somewhere, apart from you two obviously.

Old 01-29-2015, 06:43 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,803,843 times
1. Only one person responded. I don't know which "two" you're referring to.
2. Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat. A pound of muscle weighs a pound. A pound of fat weighs a pound.
3. If you're showing a "six pack" before you try to add muscle, then you're probably emaciated. Muscles get defined by building them, not by eating or starving yourself. Fat is determined by food. Muscle is defined by exercise. If you want to be HEALTHY you will eat well and exercise, combined. Not one for 90 days and then the other.

In case you actually want a definitive answer to your question:
Quote:
The question i have is, would supplements (Protein shakes, BCAA etc) help me with the loosing weight.
No. They will not.

Old 02-04-2015, 12:59 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,399,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny444444 View Post
Greetings. First post.

I'm currently 36 days in to the 60 day juice diet. Extended it to 90 days. (watched the Aussie 60 day diet on Netflix) So thought why not. I've tried everything else.

I also go to the gym twice a day. 60 mins cardio + 40 mins weights in the morning, evening i do 50-100 lengths of the 20 metre pool.

I was originally 101 kgs when i weighed in 36 days ago. Now i am at 93.1 kgs. I normally weigh myself every 4 days. My last weigh in i have only dropped 1 kg. I'm thinking it could be due to me doing heavier weights now and knowing muscle weighs more than fat. So i am switching to tape measure and the mirror.

I am Male, Aged 42. The reason for me doing this is to basically get a beach body but also because i was 25.2% body fat and thought it's now or never.

The question i have is, would supplements (Protein shakes, BCAA etc) help me with the loosing weight. I don't want BIG muscle gains. I just want the 6 pack to show through and once i am at that stage. Then i will add muscle. Hopefully that all made sense

Dan
I never thought it was wise to exercise during a juice fast. It's hard to believe that you have juice fasted for 36 days and only lost 8 kg or 17 lbs. I think your body has gone into starvation mode. When this happens, your metabolic rate slows down to preserve. This means that it is not raiding fat cells at a fast enough rate so you notice measurable differences in your weight when you step on the scale. My advice is to stop this fast, in the correct manner, and begin a healthy diet regimen combined with cardio and weight program with high reps.

The last time I juice fasted, I did so for 12 days. I dropped 12 kg or 26 lbs. When my mom saw me afterwards, she said that I looked 20 years younger. I did no exercise during the fast, looked and felt great afterwards. I stopped because my body went into starvation mode, and when I stepped on the scale, I saw no change. Once I resume eating again and added a lighter version of my tae kwon do regimen, I lost another 10 pounds over a 3 month period. After the fast, I slowly introduced foods, but I replace one meal each day with a raw veggie juice I make with the juicer (16 oz), and one meal is pure oatmeal. I otherwise eat plenty of greens, sea veggies, and fruit. I eat chicken or fish quite regularly as well.

I do it for spiritual reasons, twice per year, and it gives me a great sense of clarity, increased focus, and the like. I resume my exercise and strict raw food eating habits after the fast, simply as a natural part of healthy living. I start a 14 day fast tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss