Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 01:18 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,482,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Go to myfitnesspal.com and start a nutrition/exercise diary with your own specific inputs and you will see why.

It works have turned a number of female coworkers onto it over the years and they lost weight.

Seeing what you eat and what you do not do in terms of exercise is a genuine motivator to change ways.

Small portions? That means nothing if you do not know the micronutrient values.
Totally agree with doing My fitness pal. that way you log in everything and it will tell you what you have left for the day. Love it!

When in doubt read the TOS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 01:21 PM

3,403 posts, read 3,574,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surela View Post
Hello Folks,

I am surela, I am 25 years old.

I have tried different diets to reduce my weight, still I haven't find any result. I will be very happy if anyone of you suggest me the best
My suggestion is, keep moving your body, meaning do errand more often, move stuff as much as possible, run when you get a chance instead of taking bus or driving your car, and life some heavy stuff as part of your weight training. Don't focus too much on weight training because having a lot of muscle on you is not an ideal condition if you lack of endurance and speed.

Old 02-18-2015, 01:54 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,558,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guangzl1 View Post
My suggestion is, keep moving your body, meaning do errand more often, move stuff as much as possible, run when you get a chance instead of taking bus or driving your car, and life some heavy stuff as part of your weight training. Don't focus too much on weight training because having a lot of muscle on you is not an ideal condition if you lack of endurance and speed.
Huhhh??? First of all, if you're a woman, you should focus on weight training, as it's not going to build so much muscle that you look like Arnold Schwarzenegger, but enough that it will kick up your metabolism. Muscle burns fat. Who cares if you lack endurance and speed? Unless you're in this for fitness. If you're trying to lose weight, weights are highly recommended for the above reasons.

Old 02-18-2015, 05:03 PM

7,182 posts, read 9,313,073 times
If you want to learn about the science of obesity, watch this series:

The Skinny on Obesity - UCTV Prime - UCTV - University of California Television

There is a lot of misinformation out there wrt obesity.

Old 02-23-2015, 06:21 AM

2 posts, read 2,206 times
Hello Folks,

Thanks a lot for your response.

I have been following General motor diet. Here is the diet plan (The GM Diet Plan: How To Lose Weight In Just 7 Days?) that I usually do exactly. Please let me know whether it suits me or not.

Thank You Once again

Old 02-23-2015, 10:47 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,558,585 times
Quote:
Hello Folks,

I have been following General motor diet. Here is the diet plan (The GM Diet Plan: How To Lose Weight In Just 7 Days?) that I usually do exactly. Please let me know whether it suits me or not.

Thank You Once again
If you're really willing to eat only one thing all day, go for it. If you're trying to lose weight for a special event, go for it. Otherwise, you'll just suffer for a week and then end up gorging on your favorite foods at the end and get fatter.

Start incorporating these healthy foods they mention into your everyday diet and get used to them that way.

Old 02-25-2015, 04:25 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,424,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
Don't try diets. Try eating as a normal person should eat. Small portions of healthy foods, like fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, beans and legumes. And get your body moving.
Pretty good advice. Make sure the healthy food is available, but don't completely penalize/punish yourself from having something "unhealthy" once in awhile. Avoid fasting - maybe more frequent small meals/snacks throughout the day to fuel the body's needs - (I struggle with this). Another thing I struggle with is getting rid of simple carbohydrates in the diet (bread, pasta).....

As for physical activity, just walking 20-30 mins a day is a good start. Do it religiously as a slightly higher pace than your normal stroll. I know so many people that are on a walking program that have been able to lose weight - it really works.

Old 02-25-2015, 04:30 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,424,754 times
Quote:
Hello Folks,

Thank You Once again
Fad diets usually don't bring long term results.

Exercise does. Read through these succcess stories - when you read "running" -substitue "walking".....and if you lose a little weight, consider an easy jog for 1/4 mile, then extend the distance. Think slow at first - I think you'll see results with this and some dietary changes (might consider calorie counting 2,000 cal diet).

http://www.runnersworld.com/photos/1...hrough-running

Old 03-04-2015, 10:32 AM

9 posts, read 8,901 times
Default Diet alone is sometimes not enough

Quote:
Hello Folks,

I am surela, I am 25 years old.

I have tried different diets to reduce my weight, still I haven't find any result. I will be very happy if anyone of you suggest me the best

Hi Surela,
Trying diets alone do not sometimes help lose weight. Some diets may make you feel too hungry and would later make you to start binging. I would recommend that you check your diet, why are you not able to lose weight even though others are using it to lose weight? Add exercise to your diet, it is the best means of keeping your weight off for good.

If there is anything more that you would like to know, let me know.

Thanks. I hope you get to your weight loss goal.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:06 AM

5 posts, read 6,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan View Post
fad diets usually don't bring long term results.

Exercise does. Read through these succcess stories - when you read "running" -substitue "walking".....and if you lose a little weight, consider an easy jog for 1/4 mile, then extend the distance. Think slow at first - i think you'll see results with this and some dietary changes (might consider calorie counting 2,000 cal diet).

15 Incredible Stories of Weight Loss Through Running | Runner's World

where are they now? They will regain. The science shows us this- it is biological. The setpoint was never reset or addressed. Come back in 10 or 20 years...

Exercise is not a solution for obesity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss