Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 10:26 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,574,499 times

Advertisements

I think it's getting to be that time when sommmeeeonee gets a little cranky this month, but I just saw this on my other weight loss forum and it annoyed the heck out of me:

Janey Doeyhead has lost .2 lbs.

--Wanda Klinkenheffer: Great job, nice drop!
--AnnaTina Augustoffenscheimer: Way to go, nice!

Seriously??? I could visit the facilities and come out .6 lighter.
I could step on the scale and then step on it again 1 minute later and "lose" .2. In fact, I did just that this morning.

Sorry, that just bugs me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2015, 11:10 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,486,047 times
They are going in the right direction is the point, to me.
Good for them, I say.

Old 08-26-2015, 11:15 AM

20,777 posts, read 20,069,264 times
My bf can poop 2lbs

Old 08-26-2015, 12:21 PM

2,722 posts, read 5,481,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
My bf can poop 2lbs
LOL. Ew!
She said .2 lbs though. Your BF would be jammed up.

Old 08-26-2015, 01:19 PM

Tempted to say, "Y'all do see that decimal point in front of the 2, right??"

I know, I'm grumpy cat. Can't help it. Dang hormones.

Old 08-26-2015, 01:34 PM

586 posts, read 835,970 times
At least its some form of weight loss, much better than them gaining 0.2 lbs...is this after a week though?

Old 08-26-2015, 02:33 PM

2,645 posts, read 3,343,889 times
While I would never seek out encouragement for such a small loss, you never know another person's situation. It is obviously a huge deal to them, so why crap all over their party?

I'm reminded of a weight loss leader who once told the story of how she got started. She was morbidly obese, trying to lose weight. Sat down and ate an entire half gallon of ice cream. As she was throwing the container away, she picked up the lid and went to lick the ice cream off the lid. She stopped herself, said she was going to make one positive food decision that day, and she dropped the lid in the garbage without licking it. To her, that was huge. She went on to lose over 100 lbs.

What I don't understand about this forum specifically, is why so many people have such a hard time being positive and kind to others. Is kindness really such a difficult thing? To me, that's sadder than the woman who wants encouragement for losing .2 lbs.

Old 08-26-2015, 02:40 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,440,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
I think it's getting to be that time when sommmeeeonee gets a little cranky this month, but I just saw this on my other weight loss forum and it annoyed the heck out of me:

Janey Doeyhead has lost .2 lbs.

--Wanda Klinkenheffer: Great job, nice drop!
--AnnaTina Augustoffenscheimer: Way to go, nice!

Seriously??? I could visit the facilities and come out .6 lighter.
I could step on the scale and then step on it again 1 minute later and "lose" .2. In fact, I did just that this morning.

Sorry, that just bugs me.
Is this one of those accountability type threads, where people post how much they lose (or gain) in a week? That's what it looks like. In which case, do you really think she was looking for kudos, or just stating a fact? That a couple people chimed in to encourage her was nice on their part. So, what's the big deal?

Old 08-26-2015, 03:25 PM

20,777 posts, read 20,069,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
My bf can poop 2lbs
or .2lbs

Old 08-26-2015, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Is this one of those accountability type threads, where people post how much they lose (or gain) in a week? That's what it looks like. In which case, do you really think she was looking for kudos, or just stating a fact? That a couple people chimed in to encourage her was nice on their part. So, what's the big deal?
It's a weight loss site, yes. I don't believe the person was looking for anything, just posting their weight and the program calculates and posts that the person has lost x amount of pounds, or in this case, ounces.

I am just super irritable today and it just simply annoyed me that people would make such a big deal over 3.2 ounces. It's basically insignificant and not comment-worthy, but that's just my opinion. I realize it sounds mean and I have no heart, but basically that's how I feel today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss