Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2015, 09:27 AM

3,218 posts, read 2,807,968 times

Advertisements

Anybody do this diet? I have been doing it every other Monday-Wednesday this summer, and I find it to be pretty easy. I lose about 5 pounds on it (not the 10 they say you can, but I don't have that much to lose), but then on the off days I gain 2-3 pounds back, and I don't eat anything crazy, I stop eat after 6pm, I try to stick to salads and whatever else I eat, I eat in moderation. I eat 1200-1500 calories on my off days.

So was wondering if anybody else has done this diet and was successful at keeping the weight they lost off during the 4 off days?

Also, I'm not asking if this is a healthy diet, it works for me in that its something that is easy for me to stick to, so please refrain from commenting about the health aspect of this diet. Just looking for people who have done it successfully. Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2015, 08:26 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,385,247 times
It's water weight you are gaining and losing. No way to stop that. Just do not count a few pounds of your overall weightloss. On your diet days, mentally add 2-3 pounds. Otherwise you will drive yourself crazy.

The first day has 1250 calories, so it's a low calorie diet. I'm sure the other two days are similar. If you are truly gaining pounds of fat, each one would be from eating 3500 calories which is impossible unless you are binge eating. Water weight comes and goes easily, literally overnight sometimes.

Old 08-31-2015, 09:41 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,979,166 times
2 weeks on this lost 10 lbs.
Clothes felt great. Inches gone. Face was hollow and I looked old..
Gained the **** back as soon as I started eating normal.
I still do 3 days on 1 off 3 days on every other week to keep the muffin top from exploding.
I just get bored.

Old 09-01-2015, 01:39 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,807,968 times
Thinking of switching to something like Dukan, did it about a year ago, also fairly easy to stay on and weight comes off at a decent rate. I have about 15-20 pounds to lose so think a couple of months on that should do it....hopefully.

Old 07-20-2021, 05:47 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,963,616 times
No posts in almost 6 yrs, huh?

I tried this for a full week quite a # of yrs ago & lost 7-8 pounds after the full 7 days. I don't remember trying it, but I liked it. It truly works if you need to lose some weight FAST OR as a motivator to continue losing. I love how you eat what you want MOST of the time (but eat sensibly). Overall, I think this diet can be pretty easily done.

Fast forward multiple yrs...

Fiance' & I started it TODAY & we're really interested to see how much we lose each week. I'm honestly not hungry in between meals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss