Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 09:26 PM

583 posts, read 712,429 times

Advertisements

I used to put coffee, sugar and creamer in my coffee. Lately, however, I've been putting only creamer in my coffee, and no sugar. Sometimes I put milk (1%) in instead of creamer. I wanted to know if it will make a difference in weight loss if a person stops putting sugar in their coffee or do they have to cut out creamer AND sugar altogether?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2015, 02:49 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,384,266 times
It's all calories, calories, calories. If you can still eat in your caloric range with the sugar, you're fine. If it makes you so hungry you eat more....it's not okay. Everyone is different.

I could use the sugar and still be within my calorie range because I track everything I eat and I would force myself to do it. Others would start to binge on sugar, and most would fall somewhere in the middle range.

Old 10-11-2015, 04:02 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,351,512 times
When I was trying to lose weight, I still always had milk and sugar in all of my coffee. Since I made it at home most of the time, I used measuring cups/spoons because I was calorie counting.

It doesn't make any difference because like mentioned above, calories in/calories out. If you take away 85 calories of sugar in your coffee, it won't help you lose weight if you're still not eating at a deficit or taking in those 85 calories another way.

Old 10-11-2015, 08:45 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,897,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnaBunney View Post
I used to put coffee, sugar and creamer in my coffee. Lately, however, I've been putting only creamer in my coffee, and no sugar. Sometimes I put milk (1%) in instead of creamer. I wanted to know if it will make a difference in weight loss if a person stops putting sugar in their coffee or do they have to cut out creamer AND sugar altogether?
What kind of eating plan are you following?

Old 10-12-2015, 07:28 AM

583 posts, read 712,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
What kind of eating plan are you following?

Basically just eating "normal" but in appropriate portions and certain things in moderation, which is how I've lost almost 40 lbs so far. I just recently made the switch to not put sugar in my coffee everyday. Occasionally I have done so, but in a given week, I would say 5 of of days, I have not put sugar in my coffee, if that makes any sense.

Old 10-12-2015, 08:49 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,557,236 times
Creamer fits perfectly into my budget. A year from now, I admit, I may say what the heck was I thinking, but currently, I use about 175 calories of creamer per day. I'm still kind of new to coffee and am loving it, and am trying to learn how to like it with less creamer, but that's a work in progress. I have lost 26 lbs. in 15 months.

Old 10-12-2015, 02:27 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,897,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnaBunney View Post
Basically just eating "normal" but in appropriate portions and certain things in moderation, which is how I've lost almost 40 lbs so far. I just recently made the switch to not put sugar in my coffee everyday. Occasionally I have done so, but in a given week, I would say 5 of of days, I have not put sugar in my coffee, if that makes any sense.
I think that any reduction in sugar will help you lose weight.

Old 10-12-2015, 11:17 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,244,034 times
It depends on whether you drink one cup or five cups a day. Well, even with five or ten cups it completely depends on the rest of your diet. Drinking your coffee black is best of course but I found that it really stains my teeth so I stopped drinking it altogether. Otherwise I would drink it black so I could use the calories for something more nutritious

Old 10-13-2015, 08:19 AM

380 posts, read 652,500 times
Creams, creamers, and sugar are for masking the taste of terrible coffee. Good coffee should be consumed black.

Old 10-13-2015, 08:23 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,812,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Kellogg View Post
Creams, creamers, and sugar are for masking the taste of terrible coffee. Good coffee should be consumed black.
In your opinion. I love good coffee with a little half and half. Bad coffee is bad coffee, not much can save it. Good coffee can be enhanced. No wrong way to drink it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss