Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2015, 08:15 AM

468 posts, read 487,401 times

Advertisements

The question: Should a husband love a wife the way she is? Yes, he should.

When my husband met me I'm already the chubby girl, he doens't mind that at all, he thinks it cute.
I'm 4'11, so I'm a petite short height girl. But I have chubby stomach chubby butt, chubby thighs, I'm like huppy everywhere, lol
Does my husband care that I'm chubby? Nope.
When he watching News, sometimes he lays his head on my lap, and he would kiss my chubby stomach, lol
I giggles and tell him that there no baby in there yet, but he said he likes to kiss my stomach. He doesn't care that my stomach is chubby.

I have the habit of sleep on my stomach. When my husband see me lay on my stomach, he kiss my butt cheek. Does he mind my chubby butt? Nope.
There men out there who like woman have meat on their body. I'm not super overweight, but I'm far far from thin.

A man love you will make you feel good about your body, feel good about yourself. NOT put you down.. My husband is a man, and he didn't mind my weight.
Perhaps I should thanks my lucky stars, that I married a guy who accept me for who I am.

But then he also is the type of guy that like women that have meat on their body, he doesn't like skinny girls.
No offense to skinny girls, I'm sure alot of men love them.. BUT there are men out there who likes women with meat on their body too, example my husband.

OP, you need to sit down and have heart to heart talk with your DH. Tell your DH what you tell us here.. All you can do is talk to him, whether he listen or not, it up to him.
Don't change yourself, don't starve yourself to be thin just to make him happy. If your DH loves you, he will put in the efforts to make you happy and feel loved. Good luck OP

Don't change for anyone. You don't need to change. Your DH also doesn't need to change.
I don't believe in change anyone. And I don't want anyone to change for me.
Whatever you decided to do, change or not. I wish you all the best OP

Last edited by ishe; 10-17-2015 at 08:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2015, 08:26 AM

37,835 posts, read 46,419,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
If you are not an athelete with tons of muscles, you are quite overweight. Sorry to burst your bubble.

That is absurd. 5'6" at 150 pounds is FAR from being "quite overweight".

Photographic Height/Weight Chart - 5' 6", 150 lbs., BMI:24

Old 10-17-2015, 08:27 AM

154 posts, read 128,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishe View Post

Don't change yourself, don't starve yourself to be thin just to make him happy. If your DH loves you, he will put in the efforts to make you happy and feel loved. Good luck OP
Again, this is the rhetoric and poor advice that almost ensures this relationship dies a slow, gruesome death.

Don't change? Why do women always say that? Women say things like "take me as I am, or don't take me at all" or "Never change for a man, because a 'real' man would love you for who you are"... and so on.

What that really is, is a lack of accountability and physical and intellectually dishonestly and laziness.

She gains 50 damn pounds, and suddenly he's the ******* because his biological instincts in his brain are now sending signals to his penis saying "no, do not mate with this one, she's not our type". Him not liking overweight females is not a conscience choice he's made, just like enjoying a nice cut of prime rib is not a choice, its your taste.

Nobody is asking for her to starve herself. She clearly said she eats whatever the F she wants - eats a bowl of cereal before bed EVERY NIGHT. She's making choices to make her physical appearance less desirable to a man who clearly defined what his desires were from the very start; this is a decision on her part to morph into something she damn well knows does nothing for him sexually.

This is on her. She's lazy, selfish, and suffers from a total lack of accountability.

This is like someone going on to an auto forum complaining that they don't change the oil in their car or maintain it in any sort of way, and complain that the car is no longer performing like it once did.

Frustrating to read bullsh*t like this.

Old 10-17-2015, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
That is absurd. 5'6" at 150 pounds is FAR from being "quite overweight".

Photographic Height/Weight Chart - 5' 6", 150 lbs., BMI:24
BMI cannot simply be calculated by height and weight. Not even close. I am 5'11", but 225lbs. Not an ounce of fat on me, but according to these charts, I'm a sloppy tub of lard.

She apparently had a frame for a petite, 100lb female, as she had lived her entire life until she decided to start eating whatever how however much she wanted.

50lbs on someone who was just a short time ago, 100lbs, is very significant.

Old 10-17-2015, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
As a woman, I would love to have a small waist with round hips.

Like this lady.
http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/silve...30758_1000.jpg
I think she looks great, and I would love a shape like that. To me, hourglass figures are the best looking ones.

So it depends on the individual and what they definite as attractive far as their own gender. Some women think big boobs are silly, and want them smaller with a more petite frame. Some women love larger butts, and think they look nice. Others prefer a flat butt. Some women would love the Angelina Jolie lips. Others say her lips look silly.
I would shoot myself if I had an ass that large. Definitely different strokes!!!

Old 10-17-2015, 08:33 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,279,797 times
I guess I just can't imagine not caring about how my husband sees me. I stay in shape partly for myself, but also because I know that's what he finds attractive. He's put on some weight, but it doesn't bother me because he's active and takes care of himself; if he just gave up and didn't care about his health and appearance anymore... I'd still love him, but I don't think I'd be as attracted to him. Not because of the weight itself, but mindset behind the weight gain.

Old 10-17-2015, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrassMug View Post
BMI cannot simply be calculated by height and weight. Not even close. I am 5'11", but 225lbs. Not an ounce of fat on me, but according to these charts, I'm a sloppy tub of lard.

She apparently had a frame for a petite, 100lb female, as she had lived her entire life until she decided to start eating whatever how however much she wanted.

I don't care about BMI. I was responding the the post. BMI is completely irrelevant. 5'6" at 100 pounds is actually pitifully thin...sickly looking. That was the reason I posted the chart. If I was 5'6" and had to choose between being 100 pounds, or 150, you better believe I would take the 150.

Old 10-17-2015, 08:37 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,608,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrassMug View Post

Once it was mentioned earlier in the thread I tried it and am apparently overweight/pre obese!!!

I'm 5'9 and 13.7 stone ( roughly 185 lbs ) and I think I look decent.... Ish LOL

Old 10-17-2015, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I was responding the the post. BMI is completely irrelevant..
Well, BMI is not "irrelevant", in fact, its an excellent health metric, so long as you extrapolate one's BMI using proper metrics, not simply height and weight.

Either way, we're in agreement here, it seems.

Old 10-17-2015, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Once it was mentioned earlier in the thread I tried it and am apparently overweight/pre obese!!!

I'm 5'9 and 13.7 stone ( roughly 185 lbs ) and I think I look decent.... Ish LOL
I think 5'9" 185 seems very reasonable

Dang, I'd hate to actually see what it says about me. I guarantee I'd be considered "obese". (actually going to check now)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss